What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
As suggested in another thread I suggest some more new threads or comparisions in the same thread which haven't been discussed yet.

Lets begin with

JF-17 v/s HPT-32
JF-17 v/s HJT-16
JF-17 v/s HJT-36

or

Su-30MKI v/s Super Mushak
Su-30MKI v/s K-8
Su-30MKI v/s Rose Upgraded Mirage III/V
Su-30MKI v/s A-5 Phantan
Su-30MKI v/s PAF presidential/PM A-310

Regards,

GB

this thread is going around in circles guys please give it a break!!!!

CONCLUSION:

1) MKI is a good heavy weight fighter

2) JF-17 is a good fighter for its size

3) MKI will have a fight on hand against multiple JFs!

4) in a one on one fight JF vs the MKI odds are against the JF

5) AWACS will act as force multipliers in a JF vs MKI scenario!

now please guys let' it rest for a while before we start all over again.....

That is a fair conclusion in my opinion.

i think its better to end this thread because the conclusion have arrived

This line about Multiple JF17 versis 1 Su30mki is misleading.

There only 8 prototypes in existence and IOC is not known probaly early 2010.
Versis at least 6 sqds of 105+ SU30MKI as we speak.

by 2015 IAF will field a minimum of 230 and possibly as many as 280 mki...

In contrast PAF thus far have only ordered 42 Thunders + the 8 prototypes and even these are being acquired via soft loans from china.

Despite over enthusiastic JF17 fan boys claiming 200-250 Thunders MLU upgrades and western radar weapons etc the induction programme of the Thunder is TODAY where MKI was in 2001.

In other words MKI order induction programme/ development is nearly a decade ahead in timescale.

PAF has neither the financial resources or the engineering base to start building 15-20 planes per year. I just cant see Thunder reaching any where near the MKI nos by 2015..

The conclusion is simple I just do,nt see a scenario where Thunders will out number MKI in a battle. esp because today the nos are 13 mki for very Thunder in service in the 2 air forces.

This line about Multiple JF17 versis 1 Su30mki is misleading.

There only 8 prototypes in existence and IOC is not known probaly early 2010.
Versis at least 6 sqds of 105+ SU30MKI as we speak.

by 2015 IAF will field a minimum of 230 and possibly as many as 280 mki...

In contrast PAF thus far have only ordered 42 Thunders + the 8 prototypes and even these are being acquired via soft loans from china.

Despite over enthusiastic JF17 fan boys claiming 200-250 Thunders MLU upgrades and western radar weapons etc the induction programme of the Thunder is TODAY where MKI was in 2001.

In other words MKI order induction programme/ development is nearly a decade ahead in timescale.

PAF has neither the financial resources or the engineering base to start building 15-20 planes per year. I just cant see Thunder reaching any where near the MKI nos by 2015..

The conclusion is simple I just do,nt see a scenario where Thunders will out number MKI in a battle. esp because today the nos are 13 mki for very Thunder in service in the 2 air forces.

even though this thread should be stopped now...but i will like to clear out a glitch you pointed out...we are not talking about all the JFs going up head to ahead against every MKI india has we are talking about specific scenarios where an MKI is found to be alone in a specific sector at a certain time....yes i know no on goes into theater of operation alone there will always most probably be a flight of two...BUT specific operation requirements may demand an MKI to find itself all alone up against a formation of 4 JFs....i hope you kind of get what i mean.....so its not all the squadrons of MKIs vs the 42 or so JFs slogging it out.......

mr hasnain the present r77 has a greater range than the aim120 and the range of phalcon awacs is greater than the erieye and india may be using phython5 and derby which is superior to even aim and meantor

greater range doesn't necessarily means good ability to hit. You must remember that Phalcons, if used in offensive mode will have to be brought near border where the threat will increase whereas erieyes will be providing defence support as against incoming MKIs. And one more thing I don't know why Indian posters take range and speed as measure of agility. I still remember posters preferring Baison over thunder just because it can reach Mach 2 speed completely ignoring the fact that even though its faster but its not as agile as thunder....now you r repeating the same thing

greater range doesn't necessarily means good ability to hit. You must remember that Phalcons, if used in offensive mode will have to be brought near border where the threat will increase whereas erieyes will be providing defence support as against incoming MKIs. And one more thing I don't know why Indian posters take range and speed as measure of agility. I still remember posters preferring Baison over thunder just because it can reach Mach 2 speed completely ignoring the fact that even though its faster but its not as agile as thunder....now you r repeating the same thing

i dont know why u are trying to compare the biston with thunders mig21 are the best fighters of their time none of the western fighter can match that plane in those days thunder is a fourth generation fighter

no need to bring phalcons near the border because its range is more than 400kms

even though this thread should be stopped now...but i will like to clear out a glitch you pointed out...we are not talking about all the JFs going up head to ahead against every MKI india has we are talking about specific scenarios where an MKI is found to be alone in a specific sector at a certain time....yes i know no on goes into theater of operation alone there will always most probably be a flight of two...BUT specific operation requirements may demand an MKI to find itself all alone up against a formation of 4 JFs....i hope you kind of get what i mean.....so its not all the squadrons of MKIs vs the 42 or so JFs slogging it out.......

Really good one... let make it much better

4JFs... 1MKI .... all of them chasing his tail with a lock on:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well Pakistan has 8 JF 17 Thunders in January 2008, we are in October 2009

So our capacity is 20 crafts/year (When we expect war), but other then that our normal increase capacity is 10 crafts / year.

Now I would assume we will get 10 more crafts end of 2009, and 15 more crafts in 2010

now By 2010 we will have 33 JF17 Thunders
By 2010 we will also get 18 F16 block D/E

Thats 40 F16 already we have + 18 + 33 Thunders

91 New crafts, lets not forget Turkey is upgrading all our F16 as well.

By 2015 we will also have 36 J-10

91 + 36 + ( Plus 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 20 100 JF 17 Thunder )

Pakistan should be on equal footing with India by 2014

Last edited:
Pakistan should be on equal footing with India by 2014

well, even if PAF manages to meet the MKI numbers, how will it match up..
50+ LCA
4O+MRCA
NOTE THAT PAF numbers will stop at 150-250 thunders in 2017-2020 while India will be in CONTINUED process to induct..
126-200 MRCA
150+ LCA
100+ FGFA

By 2020 India will b miles ahead.
Comparble to china actually with FGFA IN ARSENAL.

Last edited:
Irkut-Su-30MKI-IBRIS-BARS-1 PESA N011M

550b15f53abb2ba6eec0cc281613bed3.jpg

Irkut-Su-30MKI-IBRIS-BARS-1 PESA NIIP-N011-01

213b8e91a15dcf593d1a5b25a83abe1f.jpg

well, even if PAF manages to meet the MKI numbers, how will it match up..
50+ LCA
4O+MRCA
NOTE THAT PAF numbers will stop at 150-250 thunders in 2017-2020 while India will be in CONTINUED process to induct..
126-200 MRCA
150+ LCA
100+ FGFA

By 2020 India will b miles ahead.
Comparble to china actually with FGFA IN ARSENAL.

Well I think every nation can only make , 1000-1200 air ships at time, else the maintenence would increase, but hopefully the situation would become better so we don't need that many planes for either nations - since its counter productive , when w all know by 2020
Gas prices will soar, and inflation will be higher and we have problem such as global warming and other problems to deal with in our societies

If by 2015
300 JF17 Thunders
80 F16
36 J10
20 Euro Fighters
20 Mirage 2000 from UAE
40 F15 (If we can get from our war on terror buddies)
2 Stealth planes form China since we are all friends

Its enough to last our airforce for 20 years.
We can then focus on perhaps - Strategic Radars/Air defences

Last edited:
@FGFA

Please can you also provide some info about all these radars?
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom