What's new

A Very Interesting Aspect of Indus Shield 23 Exercise

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan Air Force Official Indus Shield PR reveals an interesting tactical scenario of Exercise showing JF-17 targeting an enemy High Tech SAM using the supersonic CM-400 missiles.

20231020_163601.jpg

May be to target static radar stations

That may well be to engage enemy towards Ballistics (Rockets & Air& Surface launched BMs) but Cruise Missiles actually do the job quietly.

Targeting S-400 is not a big deal, Ukrainians destroyed them with very simple cardboard design uavs.
After reading this , I felt sorry for the Indians. They were celebrating Holi before Holi when India received S-400.
Asking Pakistan to operate their air force from Afghanistan as they will now shoot home any fighter jet flying in Pakistan air space

The collapse of the Iron Dome - the product of the ultra clever and cunning folks the mankind has ever seen- shows how vulnerable the sedentary air defenses are against even the rudimentary forces. Offense is the best defense....

Fortune favors the brave who is ready to die....

The super arrogant Goliaths are born to die at the hands of the super God-fearing Davids....

Guide us in the path of those whom YOU favored; not in the path of those who are cursed, or who are astray....

Pakistan Air Force Official Indus Shield PR reveals an interesting tactical scenario of Exercise showing JF-17 targeting an enemy High Tech SAM using the supersonic CM-400 missiles.

View attachment 963759

I always thought CM-400AKG is for sea targets only.
But this shows that the Mach 5 quasi ballistic missile is for ground targets also.
I am pretty sure the land version is different from the sea version. At least in the path . If it follows same path as for sea targets, it will rise to 60km altitude then dive on target, and using gravity to attain hypersonic speed.
But in that case it will be visible to the target from far away.

Last edited:
@
But this shows that the Mach 5 quasi ballistic missile is for ground targets also.
I am pretty sure the land version is different from the sea version. At least in the path . If it follows same path as for sea targets, it will rise to 60km altitude then dive on target, and using gravity to attain hypersonic speed.
Let's get the experts opinion.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Talon @PanzerKiel
@SQ8

I can't make out the identity of all the different aircrafts but I do see a Phalcon AWACS in the back ground.
It's also interesting that the CM-400 which was generally termed as carrier killer has also been deployed in SEAD role.
Hi,

CM-400 had disappeared from the public eye---now you find out that it had not.

Hi,

CM-400 had disappeared from the public eye---now you find out that it had not.
Yes one would see it placed with the JF-17s on static displays and the impression was that it's an option for potential customers. Like how the PAF Quitely goes about it's buisness.
Sometime back there was another Mach-5 + weapon in headlines, be interesting to note as how did that proceed.

CM-400AKG ASM - 18.10.14.jpg

@JamD @Alpha BeeTee @PDF

View attachment 963759

Always thought CM-400 or HD1A are prolly the best candidates to full-fill our long range ARM requirement.
Happy to see that coming to reality, since cm400 already had space for a ARH seeker head to track ship I'm guessing theoretically is shouldn't be impossible to mod the missile to a passive radiation-sniffing seeker, Or maybe the original seeker always came with Passive tracking mode for such tasks just not revealed in public.
And then there is the fact that the missile isn't required to search to for targets on its own other capable assets can share their data to missile and making its job even easier.

What's the common thing between anti-radar and anti-Ship missiles? They both climb up to attain altitude.

But the difference?

Anti-radar missile will climb up right after launch.

Anti-ship missile usually skims to the surface and climbs up in final stages of the attack aka pop-up attack.

The purpose of SEAD is suppression and not destruction necessarily...can't say more than this.

@Windjammer

After reading this , I felt sorry for the Indians. They were celebrating Holi before Holi when India received S-400.
Asking Pakistan to operate their air force from Afghanistan as they will now shoot home any fighter jet flying in Pakistan air space
LoL , so if indian army has anti-Tank missles that means pak should sell thier tanks ?
Every assett has a value and it forces the enemy to carry counter measures which wastes resources and man power.

You guys take garbage media too seriously.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom