What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said that Pakistan will have more AEW&CS than India in future:rofl:

1- india has ordered 3 Phalcon AEW&C radar systems in March 2004 (2 already arrived, one awaiting).
p:

dont get so delighted no one knows future and u are talking abt 2020 lol its too far away by going ur logic paf also have number of strategic plans to get fulfilled by 2020 . grow up dude speak little sense drod is inexperience in this field it will at least take 10 -12 years by now to prepare a good awacs for iaf , take an example of tejas which is far from induction so b4 doing blabbing have some reality check.

and for ur kind info paf will get its remaining 3 awacs by the end of 2010 and chines awacs by 2012-13.!

I would say using Americam Fighters as an example

Comparing SU30MKI v JF17 Thunder is like comparing

F16 Block40 with apg63 Radar & Amraam c5 AGAINST the twin engined F18 Super Hornet with smart electronics APG79 Aesa radar and brute power difference of engines range and weapons..

If anthing the engine gap is even bigger with Mki because of the TVC engine performance and AOA.. (angle of attack) options.

Just having BVR is far too simplistic.

Even 2ND GENERATION MIG21 bisons have BVR missles.

all is fine but I guess both Indians and Pakistanis are on cloud 9 with respect to their AWACS.

I guess we need a reality check.

No of AWACS aircraft - 2.

Now how are these aircraft gonna be available everywhere??
Assume Erieye is at Karachi and Lahore, and IAF strikes in Gilgit, what would you do?? Surprise element can be a problem too. Also the endurance of the aircraft matters. And the aircraft needs to be refueled too. Not all of the AWACS can be in air.

Also these are expensive toys and they won't be used for little skirmishes. And there always is a risk of losing the aircraft.

Throughout the discussion AWACS is being boasted but nowhere does one take into account that they can be shot down using long range missiles and IAF has one - Novator.

Novator K-100 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What if AWACS is shot using a Air- Surface missile while its on ground??

Not just a missile, various tricks can be played to down an AWACS too.

Russia is working on S-500 SAMs with range of 500km. India would definitely be interested in those. What happens in case of those??

To achieve 100% availability of AWACS, PAF needs at least 10-12 aircraft, which it is lacking right now.

So before 2030, the detection range of combat aircraft are very important. Lets not glorify our AWACS too much and face the reality before its too late.
I wasted 15 minutes of my life trying to explain why AWACS is not the game changer today and still we have kids and fanboys telling me how they'll have more number of AWACS than each other. :hitwall:
Grow up.

u wana say only russians are working n chinese are just sitting n resting lol :rolleyes: and about number of awacs we will have more awacs in future than india INSHALLAH :smokin:

currently chinese use russian systems, so creating something better than russians in near term is daydreaming.

Every chinese system and equipment is based on Russian design or bought from Russia/USSR.

China isn't the top dog no matter how much you'd want to believe so.

And about the more AWACS thing, even day dreaming isn't so optimistic. :pop:

I am not a military expert though I think
Suzuki Mehran cannot compete Honda Civic.

Current JF 17 cannot compete SU30.

Suzuki Mehran cannot compete Honda Civic.

JF 17 cannot compete SU30.

This thread was not needed at all.

lats say if we have this in Suzuki Mehran
turbocharger
intercooler
nitrus
direct port nitrus
ecu(electrinic control unit) for timed fule injuction & ignition

think than

lats say if we have this in Suzuki Mehran
turbocharger
intercooler
nitrus
direct port nitrus
ecu(electrinic control unit) for timed fule injuction & ignition

think than

Good job.

Now put those same upgrades of superior quality on the Honda Civic, and then think.

This thread is pointless.

The only purpose of it's creation is self satisfaction and self deception.

It is an openly known fact that J-10 (which is superior to JF-17) is inferior or as good as the latest F-16s. The US pilot who criticized the IAF also admitted that the Su-30MKI is marginally better than the newest F-15s ..but nowhere near the F-22.

Hence it is proven that JF-17 is nowhere near MKI, let alone J-10.

F-22 > MKI > F-15 > J-10 > JF-17 > Mig-21 Bison > Mig-21/J-7

Last edited:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............

JF-17 Made in china SUPER DUPER fighter beats SU-30MKI, each time and every time.......

Now please lets discuss JF-17 VS F-22..........:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

jf -17 have smaller size to f-22
so rcs should be less.

its a new platform so it can accomaodate more and latest gears.

with french avionics it will ahead.

its chinese aircraft so the suprior technology.

its chepaer so more in number , they can produce more jf-17 than f-22

--- f-22 have had problem with santioning from american congress.

i think jf-17 wins hands down. the score should be 20 - 1

unless SU-30 and phalcon only plan to shoot from india's territory and expect other side also play in your way ,your scenario is so childish in the real war ,once your jets cross the border,they are not just facing your opponent's fighters and awacs but a entire air defense system,your jets probably don't even have a chance to reach their destination or go back to the base, BVRAAM is already widely used in most 3th gen jets.take china as example ,with the help from KJ-200,even china's J-8F can dig the best potential of our SD-10A.and PAF is not only have this same capability ,they jets can also fit with U.S missile,it's common consensus that U.S missile have better accuracy than russia's

Thanks for a childish response to an allegedly childish question. :azn:

The question was simple.. Can a plane fire a A2A without getting a lock from its own radar and using the radar of a friendly AWACS to aquire and guide the missile..

A simple Yes or No would have sufficed..

I think u all guys have messed it up alltogather

Its awful thng that u are comparing fighters of two completely different leagues,its better to compare jf-17 with f-16 ,gripen and su-30mki with f-15 eagle and f-18

But because of the old rivlary u guys here are again comparing odd stuff

Su-30mki and jf-17 both have different roles to play so they both have different characteristics jf-17 is a light weight multi role fighter intended for low cost solution for PAF ,to attain much higher sorties at low cost and to induct them in numbers to manage both cost and numbers and its a new platform still to be matured

Where as

Su-30 mki is some extent an air superiority heavy weight fighter intended to carry much higher payloads at far distances mainly intended for China , much costly too maintain and fits the IAF needs as China is much bigger as compared to Pakistan and India ,plus su-30 is a matured platform with inputs from various countries having much mature technology

Last edited:
I think u all guys have messed it up alltogather

Its awful thng that u are comparing fighters of two completely different leagues,its better to compare jf-17 with f-16 ,gripen and su-30mki with f-15 eagle and f-18

But because of the old rivlary u guys here are again comparing odd stuff

Su-30mki and jf-17 both have different roles to play so they both have different characteristics jf-17 is a light weight multi role fighter intended for low cost solution for PAF ,to attain much higher sorties at low cost and to induct them in numbers to manage both cost and numbers and its a new platform still to be matured

Where as

Su-30 mki is some extent an air superiority heavy weight fighter intended to carry much higher payloads at far distances mainly intended for China , much costly too maintain and fits the IAF needs as China is much bigger as compared to Pakistan and India ,plus su-30 is a matured platform with inputs from various countries having much mature technology

Su-30 MKI and JF-17 are built for two difference purposes. Technology wise they are different. One is heavily armed long range air dominance fighter while another is light weight multi-purpose fighter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom