What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason F16 was upgraded from time to time was that the US Air Force was using them and in huge numbers, and not just US Air Force, half the world was using this aircraft. There was a market ready for the upgrade and willing to pay for it.

US is the biggest spender in defense equipment. They can afford to upgrade every plane of theirs tens of times, but beyond US there is no other nation that offers upgrades regularly. Even Russia is not willing to upgrade their planes.

JF-17's upgrades would be a financial problem, not just for cost of parts but also for R&D. I do expect Thunder to be upgraded but just twice in its lifetime, one within 5 years from now, and the other around 2025.

It just won't be like F16's upgrade program. F16's upgrade program is the most successful upgrade program in the history of Aviation.

Gotta admit that.

People need to understand that JF-17 is JF-17 and F-16 is F-16. There is no comparison.

If JF-17 was really as efficient as people are thinking, then why would the PAF spend so much money on F-16s ? Surely the PAF know what they are doing.

In modern aerial combat, technology is a more important factor than numbers.

A more realistic thread would be F-16 block 52 vs Su-30 MKI

Anyhow I wish the best to PAF.

The reason F16 was upgraded from time to time was that the US Air Force was using them and in huge numbers, and not just US Air Force, half the world was using this aircraft. There was a market ready for the upgrade and willing to pay for it.

US is the biggest spender in defense equipment. They can afford to upgrade every plane of theirs tens of times, but beyond US there is no other nation that offers upgrades regularly. Even Russia is not willing to upgrade their planes.

JF-17's upgrades would be a financial problem, not just for cost of parts but also for R&D. I do expect Thunder to be upgraded but just twice in its lifetime, one within 5 years from now, and the other around 2025.

It just won't be like F16's upgrade program. F16's upgrade program is the most successful upgrade program in the history of Aviation.

Gotta admit that.

well u say jf 17 will upgraded around 2015, thats weired because we have seen paf is intend for improvement as they were expecting french avionics but as its been on hold paf is looking for other alternatives , and paf knows its requirement better then u or me so declaring thing like that will not be wise , thunder has been improved alot since 2003 and its current specification provide great room for improvements as its has been design in accordance with the paf needs and requirements so we cant say what will be strategy affiliated to jf 17 because the person who take such decisions are far mature intellectuals then u and me. ;)

Sorry but I found this very hilarious. We need to realize that fantasy and reality are different from each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to understand that JF-17 is JF-17 and F-16 is F-16. There is no comparison.

If JF-17 was really as efficient as people are thinking, then why would the PAF spend so much money on F-16s ? Surely the PAF know what they are doing.

In modern aerial combat, technology is a more important factor than numbers.

A more realistic thread would be F-16 block 52 vs Su-30 MKI

Anyhow I wish the best to PAF.

some sources revealed that jf 17 has been proved better then f 16 old block 15 in certain areas, its obvious jf 17 is inferior to block 52 . and pakistan is spending on acquiring f 16 . but they are also not in great number may be 2 dozen of them but paf back bone will be thunder in future. :pakistan:

Sorry but I found this very hilarious. We need to realize that fantasy and reality are different from each other.

YouTube - 2 JF-17 Thunders vs. 4 SU-30 MKIs

this fantasy is similar to urs dozens stealth fighter programs along with LCA(with experience of aprox 20 years being in production).
and yeah thats in ur Avatar would be thirteenth.:lol:

this fantasy is similar to urs dozens stealth fighter programs along with LCA(with experience of aprox 20 years being in production).

Dozens of stealth fighters.? are u the chairman of HAL smartie..?
INdia as of now only one stealth fighter program and that is the PAKFA
that we r developing in a similar way to ur Thunder.(even though we r contributing more than just funds).
U do not have any equivalent of the Tejas prog..do u?
So wat it is in development for 20 years..?
Wat we have is a beautiful 4++ generation fighter.
Have u atleast tried producing one..?The experience we have got producing this LCA will definitely help in our forthcoming programs..

Dozens of stealth fighters.? are u the chairman of HAL smartie..?
INdia as of now only one stealth fighter program and that is the PAKFA
that we r developing in a similar way to ur Thunder.(even though we r contributing more than just funds).
U do not have any equivalent of the Tejas prog..
So wat it is in development for 20 years..?
Wat we have is a beaitiful 4++ generation fighter better than ur Thunder in almost all aspects.
Have u atleast tried producing one..?The experience we have got producing this LCA will definitely help in our forthcoming programs..

damn man b4 blabbing huge abt tejas first get it functional their is no worth of tejas 4++ or what ever which is on only paper, :blah::blah: recent news has revealed it will inducted by 2014-5 isnt it shameful for you people? so the truth is thunder is far better the lca tejas because its fully functional and serving paf, and compare thunder with tejas when if ever it get functional :rofl:

and what u knw abt thunder production ?? our engineers were equally involved in the production of jf 17 thunder, that is the reason we are manufacturing them locally .. get a life. :pakistan:

some sources revealed that jf 17 has been proved better then f 16 old block 15 in certain areas, its obvious jf 17 is inferior to block 52 . and pakistan is spending on acquiring f 16 . but they are also not in great number may be 2 dozen of them but paf back bone will be thunder in future. :pakistan:

Can you elaborate what sources and what areas ? Economics is one area I approve of.

Su-30 MKI also performs better than F-22 raptor in some areas. Does not mean the two are comparable.

You shattered whatever level of respect I had for your posts.

The vehicle in my avatar is not a fighter jet. It is a reusable space delivery vehicle and developed by ISRO, not DRDO.

I am not ruling out the possibility that it can be used to deliver other "payloads". ;)

I really like your mathematic and logical skills. :woot:

damn man b4 blabbing huge abt tejas first get it functional their is no worth of tejas 4++ or what ever which is on only paper, :blah::blah: recent news has revealed it will inducted by 2014-5 isnt it shameful for you people? so the truth is thunder is far better the lca tejas because its fully functional and serving paf, and compare thunder with tejas when if ever it get functional :rofl:

buddy getting emotional wont get u anywere nor will i make everything u said true.Wat if the tejas is not inducted yet.It has been confirmed that Tejas will be getting IOC by this year end and the first batch of 40 will be started to be produced..nd please elaborate on y u think Tejas is not a 4++ gen platform.

and what u knw abt thunder production ?? our engineers were equally involved in the production of jf 17 thunder, that is the reason we are manufacturing them locally .. get a life. :pakistan:

building with full Tot doesnt mean it is indigenously produced.Can u pls elaborate wat parts of thunder are designed and produced by pakistan.?
if u think manufacturing locally implies that they r indigenous then i think we indigenously produce the Su 30 MKI right from the nut bolt to the AL 31 F engine.

Last edited:
buddy getting emotional wont get u anywere nor will i make everything u said true.Wat if the tejas is not inducted yet.It has been confirmed that Tejas will be getting IOC by this year end and the first batch of 40 will be started to be produced..nd please elaborate on y u think Tejas is not a 4++ gen platform.

building with full Tot doesnt mean it is indigenously produced.Can u pls elanorate wat parts of thunder are designed and produced by pakistan.?
if u think manufacturing locally implies that they r indigenous then i think we indigenously produce the Su 30 MKI right from the nut bolt to the AL 31 F engine.

I just noticed he is new ...He has a lot to learn !

Can you elaborate what sources and what areas ? Economics is one area I approve of.

Su-30 MKI also performs better than F-22 raptor in some areas. Does not mean the two are comparable.

u are far older member then me , i have read it the this forum as well and on news as well by some former air chiefs as well and u will find the same news here as well..

and grow up buddy as far as i knw the only advantage f 22 enjoys over mki is i think stealth technology. other wise both can b comparable.. other wise its u people only who call mki second best fighter in the world. and use ur head jf 17 is suppose to better then earlier f 16s because pakistan wont accept any thing which is inferior or obsolete..

I somehow dont find any chinese sources that back that claim of Pakistani engineers being significantly (forget equally ) involved in JF 17's design. I am obviously not counting PAF defining specs for JF 17 as contributing to design.

And about production, the % of local production of SU 30 MKI in India is more than the % local production of JF 17 in Pakistan. That doesn't make the flanker an Indian product...;)

u are far older member then me , i have read it the this forum as well and on news as well by some former air chiefs as well and u will find the same news here as well..

and grow up buddy as far as i knw the only advantage f 22 enjoys over mki is i think stealth technology. other wise both can b comparable.. other wise its u people only who call mki second best fighter in the world. and use ur head jf 17 is suppose to better then earlier f 16s because pakistan wont accept any thing which is inferior or obsolete..

You have to change this mentality. Under the current situation Pakistan does not have much of a choice. Your own air chiefs have said that if it was possible then PAF pilots would be flying Eurofighters and not JF-17s. PAF is only accepting what China is offering and all the statements you see are more for morale boosting.

JF-17 is better than the fighters it is replacing.

I never for myself claimed MKI is the second best. I personally feel a combination of Eurofighter and MKI is very very lethal.

MKI and F-22 are not comparable because stealth takes F-22 a world apart. Once the stealth is compromised, both are in the same league ...but if you use the stealth well, then the enemy will never find out what hit them (until it's too late).

building with full Tot doesnt mean it is indigenously produced.Can u pls elaborate wat parts of thunder are designed and produced by pakistan.?

lca tejas may be 4++ but still its on papers what is the point be being so proud when its prototypes are still flying? its far from induction here is toi article Tejas LCA project to cost more than Rs 13,000 crore over 35 years - India - The Times of India now how can one thing which is not fully ready for combat services is comparable with something which fully functional and performing remarkably in the air? by going ur logic i should come up with stealth version jf 17 which paf wish to produced near 2018 . lol.

and abt thunder production , pdf is a very diverse forum with great information related jf 17 is available u can easily found the contribution of Pakistan in the preparation of thunder.

and how come tejas is fully indegenious? when half of the components are either from israel or russia..:hitwall:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom