What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a special case of "Ignorance is a Bliss" as after giving hundreds of posts, articles, there is simply no use. Some things developed by Pakistani engineers are.

1. HUD

2. WMMC (weapon and mission management computer)

3. Stores Management computer. Just to name a few

There are many others and i will discuss them with you later. Even if we did not design a single piece of it, what difference would it make? As long as it fills the role of future mainstay of PAF the way it is right now, it fits in BIG TIME !

And who is challenging that??? However the truth of the matter is its always better to have indegenous capabilities than depending on others...India and Pakistan both have long way to go however seems like we have taken baby steps and you guys are still onn drawing board... but i agree with you that when wepoans fire in anger it doesn't matter they are indegenous or not...

Made as per PAF requirements just like al khalid mbt, operated by PAF just like Pak Army, first sqdrn in service already, every single specification was discussed with PAF engineers before included in the aircraft including lerx, dsi, ecm housing, glass cockpit, hud, weapons and mission management computer. Initially offered an analog fly by wire version but on PAF's request, customized version of J-10 IRON BIRD (type 634) qual channel fly by wire was incorporated in it. Manual back up replaced by dual channel fbw from fourth prototype onwards.

Want to know more contribution?

See defining the specifications is entirely different from desingning them..for example lets take the FBW system..the PAF requested it..but did PAKISTANI engineers R & D it..?NO the chinese did it..
But in the case of Tejas it was defined and DESIGNED by Indians..

That was wat i was asking for..?wat was the contribution of Pakistani scientists nd Engineers other than defining the specifications..?

I the case of HUD ,WMMC can u pls give links..?it wuld be of gr8 help..thx

Little off topic but...

The greatest favor IAF will ever do to PAF is to under estimate an aircraft that is co-designed, developed, co-conceived and eventually mastered by PAF in due course. The program was almost abandoned until PAF came up with an entirely new project which we see today as jf-17. It has nothing to do with an enlarged, modified SABER 2 or SUPER SEVEN. IAF has only seen our pilots flying ready made fighters such as sabers, f-6s, Mirages, F-16s and F-7s. I can imagine just how will they perform on a platform that they have co-developed with their own specifications. Out performing the Falcon was just a glimpse of what this nifty fellow can achieve in future..

Last edited:
By The Time PAF have Added 1 possibly 2 upgrades to the Thunder and indeed inducted 150-200 Thunders i would imagine we will be looking at a Time frame of 7-10- years.

I have 2 Questions

1. How much will these upgrades cost in particular if they are sourced frm the west

2. Wat will the IAF look like in 2017-2020.

Bear in mind TONITE as we speak there are barely 10 Thunders inducted so far.

VERSIS

6 sqds of Flankers with nearly 110 SU30MKI.. in service.

BY 2016 IAF will have inducted over 230 possibly even 270 su30mki..

Worse stil the IAF may have the first 80+ of 126 MMRCA eg Typhoon or Super Hornets.

Even Worse THE FGFA 5 gen PAK FA will be entering the fray by 2018.

"will the thunder last in this theatre" ???

This is the umpteenth time you have posted this stats !! Amazing.....

WAT AMAZES ME after 18 months and 2000 posts some people are trying to convince us " AND THEMSELVES" that the PAF new JF17 Thunder is more than just a low cost meduim multi role fighter ....

Since SU-30 mki and F-22 have been compared quite a few times on this thread so i would like to share a video clip, even though its off topic but since this has been discussed here before so i will take the liberty. I believe most of the guys here must have seen it already but its a good one.

Future Dogfights Pt 1 Video ?zle ?ndir - ?zles.net

Future Dogfights Pt 2 Video ?zle ?ndir - ?zles.net

Future Dogfights Pt 3 Video ?zle ?ndir - ?zles.net

The Documentary is very well done but it is also very biased.
They are making it look like the enemy are sitting ducks.
Is there a separate thread where this video is discussed ?

Documentary is biased agreed, but why do they show that the Rafales survive the BVR strikes and then are shot down by a Visual range dogfight. They say that the Rafale uses its AESA radar to jam the incoming missile, so the Su-30mki doesnot have an AESA radar??

if we look at in reality JF 17 never stands a chance against SU 30 but it doesent mean that JF 17 can never have a kill over SU 30 with the help of ALMIGHTY ALLAH we have showed IAF before how our old jets killed new IAF jets but fact remains the fact SU 30 is more capable jet than JF 17

Documentary is biased agreed, but why do they show that the Rafales survive the BVR strikes and then are shot down by a Visual range dogfight. They say that the Rafale uses its AESA radar to jam the incoming missile, so the Su-30mki doesnot have an AESA radar??

They are completely ignorant about the missiles and tech used by Su-30MKI and Rafale.

At one point they show the American Bomber getting hit by a missile and then going back to friendly airspace at MACH 2 !

At another point they keep blabbering about how Thrust Vectoring has transformed F-22 into a dogfight champion for several minutes and at another point they show how F-22 can do Cobra without losing control. Both of these abilities are also on the MKI, but there is no say about it in the video.

The scenario's are typical bollywood stuff. They are making this up just because USAF is involved in the production. Remember when BVR missiles were first introduced they took the cannons off the jets, but in vietnam they had to mount external cannons.

Obviously anyone who goes to war with USAF will be 100% aware that they are going to face F-22's and will be prepared for countering them in some way.

MKI has AESA radar and Israeli jamming tech IIRC.

They purposely let the Rafale survive because MKI would make the dogfight harder for F-22 (both having TV, able to do Cobra)

By The Time PAF have Added 1 possibly 2 upgrades to the Thunder and indeed inducted 150-200 Thunders i would imagine we will be looking at a Time frame of 7-10- years.

I have 2 Questions

1. How much will these upgrades cost in particular if they are sourced frm the west

2. Wat will the IAF look like in 2017-2020.

Bear in mind TONITE as we speak there are barely 10 Thunders inducted so far.

VERSIS

6 sqds of Flankers with nearly 110 SU30MKI.. in service.

BY 2016 IAF will have inducted over 230 possibly even 270 su30mki..

Worse stil the IAF may have the first 80+ of 126 MMRCA eg Typhoon or Super Hornets.

Even Worse THE FGFA 5 gen PAK FA will be entering the fray by 2018.

"will the thunder last in this theatre" ???

damn man u are too over exaggerating iaf and too underestimating paf, its true paf has number of changeling task coming ahead but paf is working hard. on the other hand iaf is enjoying great support from russia israel and america as well which are providing iaf every thing they are in need of . but this is not the case with paf, paf have financial constrains other international pressure as well
on the other hand by 2015 paf will have handy amount of deterrence and we are expecting 100+ thunder in to service . and about indian mmrca , their first squadron of 15-18 planes mmrca will be functional by 2014 then on what ground u say they will say they would have 80+ by 2015?

if we look at in reality JF 17 never stands a chance against SU 30 but it doesent mean that JF 17 can never have a kill over SU 30 with the help of ALMIGHTY ALLAH we have showed IAF before how our old jets killed new IAF jets but fact remains the fact SU 30 is more capable jet than JF 17

its obvious jf 17 thunder with current specification is inferior then mki but once it would be integrated with western avionics then it would be a lethal machine. hope paf makes wise decision in order to obtain western support for our baby. :pakistan:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom