What's new

Stealth frigate INS Sahyadri enters Da Nang port in Vietnam

Really, why not shoot them if they enter your territory. Otherwise, they will continue to harass you. Does India have guts to shoot the Chinese troops?

Why do you guys have so much passion for getting shooted. CPC goons line you up and shoot you guys in back of your head. Is it not enough? We do not consider shooting the people a great thing to do. So we shall avoid that as much as possible.

My poor choice of words have got you guys misunderstood what I meant .

I am not proposing to dump the RBU rockets but what I am saying is that the launch barrels of this system like the Shtil arm launcher is a negative feature ..... sticks out like a sore thump .... contributing to the RCS as well I think .... even in the P17A design .

Is there any VLS version of this system avaliable ?? or atleast a version where the launch barrels retracts into the deck ??
Nah, not needed and needlessly complex. What could help is adding some properly shaped 'shielding'.

Compare Oto Melara Hitrole 12.7

It went from this ...

Hitrole%2Boto%2Bmelara.jpg

To this...
p1638868.jpg

Last edited:
Nah, not needed and needlessly complex. What could help is adding some poroperly shaped 'shielding'.

Oto Melara Hitrole 12.7

From this ...

Hitrole%2Boto%2Bmelara.jpg

To this...
p1638868.jpg

I love your handle and the picture. That use to be my favorite show when I was younger :P

Once again irrelevant to your "most" assumption. Shtil slanted launcher is only used onboard 4 Chinese Sov and 2 Type 052B destroyer vs 17 commission Type054A using Chinese VLS. I am wondering your "most" how do they come abt? Maybe you have some calculation mishap or biased view? I do know you are a IN lover and hated PLAN advancement to core. A poor sourgraped you are. :D
Lets get real, prior to plm 2000, PLAN had ships at best equipped with HQ7 (some refitted 051, 1x 051B, 2x 052, 10 053H3) or some other sam (4x 053H2G). At the time they entered service these were a step up for PLAN:
Sovremenny-class 136 Hangzhou 杭州 1999
Sovremenny-class 137 Fuzhou 福州 2000
Luyang I-class 168 Guangzhou 广州 2004
Luyang I-class 169 Wuhan 武汉 2004
Sovremenny-class 138 Taizhou 泰州 2006
Sovremenny-class 139 Ningbo 宁波 2006

Around 2000 http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/row/plan/index.html MOST ships weren't equipped with any SAM

It is only very recently that we see these.
2x 051Cs > 2006-2007
2x 052Cs > 2004-2007 (first 4), 2013-2015 (second 4)
2x 052D > 2014-2015 (remaining 4 not yet commissioned / expected 2015-2016.)
054A class > 2008-2015 (22 units)

List of active People's Liberation Army Navy ships - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for the text in red, there is zero factual basis for that. If you continue to rant along that line, I will take that as unfounded personal attack, which is a violation of forum rules, and report as such with forum management to let them sort this out.

And now, for something completely different: Where are those 533mm tubes that could launch RPK-2 or RPK-6?

dde8e5e7bde1.jpg

O7ls5km.jpg

Unlike the Talwars and Delhi's the Shivalik class does NOT have heavy weight torpedo tubes (or lightweight ones for that matter)

On the Talwar's they are clearly visible, in the superstructure aperture just forward of the funnel
20-3319081-shivalik-talwar-class-frigates.jpg

Clearly visible on Delhi and Rajput classes amidships
TROPEX_-_14__3_.JPG

Even on Kolkata class (though fixed and mounted crosswise rather than on a turntable.
mDoVUrz.jpg

Last edited:
Why do you guys have so much passion for getting shooted. CPC goons line you up and shoot you guys in back of your head. Is it not enough? We do not consider shooting the people a great thing to do. So we shall avoid that as much as possible.

Of course Indiawould not shoot Chinese soldiers when they trespass Indian territories. Indians have no cajones.

And Chinese also do not shoot Indians when we trespass into Chinese territory ..... Chinese like you are only good at bragging and when it comes into action you lack the ball$ for it .

Does Indian troops entered into Chinese territories? Indians should do more of that. Unfortunately, I only read about the other way around.

Does Indian troops entered into Chinese territories? Indians should do more of that. Unfortunately, I only read about the other way around.
That is because you spend too much time in Indian section as you are obsessed about India .

As a Chinese you should spend more time reading about your country .... then only you will come to know about such incidents .

That is because you spend too much time in Indian section as you are obsessed about India .

As a Chinese you should spend more time reading about your country .... then only you will come to know about such incidents .

I'm not Chinese so I don't care about them. If you can get them to make a China superpower movie with lots of white servants, I'll start visiting their section, deal?

I'm not Chinese so I don't care about them. If you can get them to make a China superpower movie with lots of white servants, I'll start visiting their section, deal?

Whether you visit their section or not is not my concern .

You look like a peculiar case .

So why are you ashamed of your chinese ancestory ?

India always has this plan of developing or modernizing its defence. But we lacked was political leadership, Modi fills all those lags. Way to go India.

A single Kolkata class Destroyer can sink the entire Pakistani surface fleet
Are you in the 60s? Dont insult yourself by comparing with them.

That's a puny helicopter. :omghaha:

Its an indian made copy of the French Alouette III. A.k.a. Hal Chetak.
Aérospatiale Alouette III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1920px-Alouette-iii-boven-berggebied.jpg

Still pondering the torpedo tube question. Is there anyone knows of and can post a very close up pic of the aperture on the starboard front of the P17's superstructure? There still is a slight possibility that there is a pair of fixed 533mm tubes built in there. Essentially half the set of a Kolkota class. If true, it's an odd arrangement, that only fires to the right.

FOr comparison the Russian Project 22350
admira11.jpg

RFS%2BAdmiral%2BGorshkov.jpg

Its an indian made copy of the French Alouette III. A.k.a. Hal Chetak.
Aérospatiale Alouette III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1920px-Alouette-iii-boven-berggebied.jpg

Still pondering the torpedo tube question. Is there anyone knows of and can post a very close up pic of the aperture on the starboard front of the P17's superstructure? There still is a slight possibility that there is a pair of fixed 533mm tubes built in there. Essentially half the set of a Kolkota class. If true, it's an odd arrangement, that only fires to the right.

FOr comparison the Russian Project 22350
admira11.jpg

RFS%2BAdmiral%2BGorshkov.jpg
What about the covering on the port-side towards the front?

Malabar_2012_INS_Satpura_(F-48).jpg

84407cb3e93e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom