What's new

Stealth frigate INS Sahyadri enters Da Nang port in Vietnam

32 VLS HQ-16 missile(50km-76km). The VLS system can handle mutiple load of missile depend on requirement.
Russian VLS can handle multiple missiles (see Club missile >family< plus Brahmos. The VLS used for Shtil cann also fire other SAMs, see project 20380 , project 22350 and variants.

I expect PLAN to configure Type054A to be 24 HQ-16 and 8 ASROC for a typical mission.
IN VLS system is foreign imported and the system is inflexible. It cannot handle different type of weapon payload. Barak VLS can only fire air defence missile and no others. While the one on CHinese frigate can handle many different type of missile. Making it very flexible and lethal. Just like MK 41 VLS.
Barak 8 can perform both close in and long range intercepts (so you don't need 2 different missiles). Aside from its own Israëli developed VLS, it is Mk41 compatible. I doubt if it would be difficult to also make it Sylver compatible.

Russian VLS can handle multiple missiles (see Club missile >family< plus Brahmos. The VLS used for Shtil cann also fire other SAMs, see project 20380 , project 22350 and variants.

I expect PLAN to configure Type054A to be 24 HQ-16 and 8 ASROC for a typical mission.

Barak 8 can perform both close in and long range intercepts (so you don't need 2 different missiles). Aside from its own Israëli developed VLS, it is Mk41 compatible. I doubt if it would be difficult to also make it Sylver compatible.

Is Barak 8 install onboard INS Sahyadri? Can Russian VLS interchange between installing SAM, ASROC or cruise missile within the same cell? I dont see the point of installing many same type of weapon within one cell. End of the day, your mission profile will be very limited. It will limited to just anti-air role.

That is terrible compare to VLS :D Not to mention, rail launcher jammed and all the remaining missile can kiss good bye! :D
It is a a launch system from the 1970s, for the Project 956s Sovremennys ..... hence the Russians used 2 or more on (up to 6) a single hull. As does India on the P15 and China on the 052B. Of course, it is better than no missile defence at all (hint: most of the PLAN untill very recently). The VS fired Shtil-1 has an interval between starts of less than 2 seconds. You can easily replace the SLR (with 24 round magazine) with a 24 cell VLS (same space and weight and deck footprint): see 11356M for Russian navy.

Is Barak 8 install onboard INS Sahyadri? Can Russian VLS interchange between installing SAM, ASROC or cruise missile within the same cell? I dont see the point of installing many same type of weapon within one cell. End of the day, your mission profile will be very limited. It will limited to just anti-air role.
Your question was already answered. I see no reason why the universal launcher (not the name) could not accommodate additional missiles. Current missiles are AShM, ASW and LAM. Just because there are not additional missiles at present, doesn't mean they can't be accommodated in future.
3552.jpg

3551.jpg

attachment.php

The VLS for Shtil-1 can accommodates 48N6E 48N6E2 9M96E and 9M96E2 missiles.

Last edited:
As does India on the P15 and China on the 052B. Of course, it is better than no missile defence at all (hint: most of the PLAN untill very recently). The VS fired Shtil-1 has an interval between starts of less than 2 seconds. You can easily replace the SLR (with 24 round magazine) with a 24 cell VLS (same space and weight and deck footprint): see 11356M for Russian navy.

You can go google how many Type054A frigate commission before you purposely used the word "most' :D

Precisely, the barak-1 missile are just point blank air defence missile(10km), not fleet aerial defence missile. The shtil slanted launcher are obsolete system becos it cannot rapid multi engage aerial threats as it need to reposition and loaded before firing another missile. What's worst is , if the slanted launcher is jammed, its end of the story. VLS, even one cell is jammed another takes over and fired.

LR Sam with 90 KM range and subsequently Ex Sam will replace all old systems. Barak 1 shall be replace with Maitri. Both are best missiles in their class with no parallel exist in the world.

It is a a launch system from the 1970s, for the Project 956s Sovremennys ..... hence the Russians used 2 or more on (up to 6) a single hull. As does India on the P15 and China on the 052B. Of course, it is better than no missile defence at all (hint: most of the PLAN untill very recently). The VS fired Shtil-1 has an interval between starts of less than 2 seconds. You can easily replace the SLR (with 24 round magazine) with a 24 cell VLS (same space and weight and deck footprint): see 11356M for Russian navy.

Your question was already answered.

I didn't answer any of your question. And you keep giving irrelevant info non regarding to this thread to try prove what point? We are talking abt apple and you give orange? :D

LR Sam with 90 KM range and subsequently Ex Sam will replace all old systems. Barak 1 shall be replace with Maitri. Both are best missiles in their class with no parallel exist in the world.
:lol: Best claimed by Indians only and I bet the replacement will happen 10 years later given by Indian speed. :D

That is terrible compare to VLS :D Not to mention, rail launcher jammed and all the remaining missile can kiss good bye! :D
it will jam only when it is hit, do not worry, Shtil medium-range surface-to-air missile system. The system can launch SA-N-12 surface-to-air missiles through a 3S-90 missile launcher. A total of 24 missiles are accommodated in a magazine located below deck. The SA-N-12s have a range of 45km and use inertial guidance and semi-active radar homing.

Ahem, rail launchers are not made in china... jokes apart, Rail launchers are effective enough to engage targets.Newer ships and refit on the existing would get VLS>

Your question was already answered. I see no reason why the universal launcher (not the name) could not accommodate additional missiles. Current missiles are AShM, ASW and LAM. Just because there are not additional missiles at present, doesn't mean they can't be accommodated in future.
3552.jpg

attachment.php

The latter accommodates 48N6E 48N6E2 9M96E miossiles.
3551.jpg

These are just concept. Nothing realistic has happen from Russia. How many has tested? How many has installed onboard? None... :rolleyes1:

These are just concept. Nothing realistic has happen from Russia. How many has tested? How many has installed onboard? None... :rolleyes1:
and we know that as soon as this concept materialists you are going to copy it and give it a Chinese name.

and we know that as soon as this concept materialists you are going to copy it and give it a Chinese name.
The Chinese already have it ahead of the Russian and Indian. :enjoy:

Type 052D destroyer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Type 052D has a brand new vertical launching system (VLS) for surface-to-air missiles, cruise missiles, anti-submarine missiles, and anti-ship missiles, and is capable of quad-packing missiles and cold launch; it is the third type of Chinese VLS system identified, after the circular version of VLS on Type 052C destroyer and the rectangular version on Type 054A frigate.[5] The VLS system on Type 052D differs from that on Type 052C. The circular-shaped VLS system on Type 052C is replaced by the VLS with rectangular cells on Type 052D.[6] Moreover, this box-like VLS looks different from the VLS system of Type 054A.[7] Photos show that Type 052D's VLS system does not contain the shared exhaust vents between the rows of launching tubes,[8] which is the common feature of Type 054A's VLS.[9] Instead, the VLS on Type 052D looks more similar to the American Mk 41 VLS, but without obvious indication of exhausts. The lack of exhaust vents in the leaked photos leads to some Chinese internet forums postulating the cold launch method is adopted on Type 052D,

Even our Type054A frigate VLS is universal launch that can fire SAM and ASROC. :D

By the time India or Russia come out one, I bet is a copy of Chinese one :lol:

I didn't answer any of your question. And you keep giving irrelevant info non regarding to this thread to try prove what point? We are talking abt apple and you give orange? :D

:lol: Best claimed by Indians only and I bet the replacement will happen 10 years later given by Indian speed. :D

You are confused as ever. Integration of LR SAM has already begun.

01_sxzz.jpg

02_npax.jpg

ahem... from the Da-Nang seaport, you can virtually observe chinese warships and nuclear submarines leaving the hideouts on the Hainan island. good hunting! :D

OMG What a Warship?

Back
Top Bottom