What's new

SPECTACULAR OPENING OF ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2011 IN BANGLADESH

I have seen the videos and a few other pics of Afridi and to me he didnot look very comfortable... kind of the odd one out. I guess being the captain of a team which has been shamed in front of the world is telling on him as he stands next to the cricketing fraternity and also against them in the same picture. Afridi can possibly put up the bravest of face from Pakistan in such dire circmstances.... I hope he manages to restore Pakistan cricket to where it belongs.

Would have been a lot nicer if La-Hasian and gang wasn't around. I skip the damn thing just because I have to see her face. :tdown:

Would have been a lot nicer if La-Hasian and gang wasn't around. I skip the damn thing just because I have to see her face. :tdown:
may be you are right . almost everything was good but our bcb boss gave a speach as if he was speaking in paltan maidan . along with this some other mistake were there .
Amardesh Online Edition

may be you are right . almost everything was good but our bcb boss gave a speach as if he was speaking in paltan maidan . along with this some other mistake were there .
Amardesh Online Edition

I did not see the show but what I gather from the news footage is that the whole show was confined in Awami show. Bangladesh doesn't revolve around Mujib, bloody 71, language movement and Hindu based cultural show. Bangladesh is a lot more and I find that majority's cultural practice and believe were absence form that show. :disagree:

Mr. Shankar wrote and performed the theme song which beg me the question, what happen to our singer and if India was so visible in this show then what was the reason for us to hold the show in Bangladesh rather then in India???? :undecided:

This show didn't represent Bangladesh as nation instead some particular group and culture. Thus world did not see the country Bangladesh. :tdown:

That is so patriotic! So you missed a proud moment of your country because a secular leader was presiding over it?

Amardesh Online Edition

whatever the case is I don understand why mumtaz was singing, there were so many others :/ anyways lets hope for the best for our teams. As the show wouldn mean sh*t if they can't atleast goto the next round.

:: cricket.bdnews24.com ::

The link above shows many photographs of the Opening Ceremony of Cricket World Cup in Dhaka. I have tried to bring out the entire page, but I could not do it. Moderators or someone else may be requested to bring the entire page. Thanks.

Beautiful Bangladesh - School of life

Bangladeshi singers welcoming the world

Light show and worlds 1st ever vertical aerial show...

Entering of the 14 captain of the participants countries of the ICC World Cup 2011...using rickshaw..

Bharati sonu nigam performing...

Bangladeshi Artists are depicting bangladeshi culture and tradition starting from vatiali, jaari and shari gaan to national language movement to 1969 movement to the speech of 7th march 1971 by the father of nation to the liberation war... to depicting our national flower shapla ... the symbol of pace to the Mongol Shova Jatra... Cele...bration of the bengali new year...

Bryan Adams performing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Srilankan singers singing and depicting their cultures...

Bharati artists depicting bharti culture and dance of different region...

Final closing by bharti Shankar Mahadevan with the world cup theme song...

This is more bigger version but blocked in Canada... but may work outside...

Last edited by a moderator:
Then BD needs to grow up.:tdown:

As I told before, the matter is about presenting our History and culture. And unfortunately our History is bitter to Pakistani people. But what can we do. That is our history since our independence. So try to understand the fact. We don't have different things to show. Though our AL govt try to get advantage repeating 71-history always, which is irritating. We do not show our History to hurt Pakistanis, rather these are shown as our glorious achievements. Try to understand that. Our people dont want to find who was right or wrong in 52 or 71, but somehow these have became our integrated part of our glorious History.

Try to think the matters differently now. By appreciating our History you can easily win the heart of Bangladeshis, if you want. As Indians do by prising our History. Think like that, you failed to understand what Bangladeshis want before, now this is the super chance to understand Bangladeshis again. So, be diplomatic, and exploit our history and ego to have well relation between us, or skip such comment.

Cheers!

:)

@ Why our Honourable PM said 2001 instead of 2011 ? Was she dreaming about her father ?

@ Why Runa Laila sung, "Damadam Mastkalander? ? However, once she started the song why it was hurriedly closed ?

@ Why the address of 7th March of Sk Mujib was screened at the stadium ?

Back
Top Bottom