What's new

SPECTACULAR OPENING OF ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2011 IN BANGLADESH

@ Why our Honourable PM said 2001 instead of 2011 ? Was she dreaming about her father ?

@ Why Runa Laila sung, "Damadam Mastkalander? ? However, once she started the song why it was hurriedly closed ?

@ Why the address of 7th March of Sk Mujib was screen at the stadium ?

1ST one I guess slip of tounge the way Bangladesh cricket board chairman said bangladesh is a country of 100 million instead 160 or 166 million.

2nd... I did not notice that Runa laila was stopped quickly in the second music...Here is the video again.. But she seemed to be almost finished the song so there were no reason to stop the stop her quickly..

3rd To depict part of liberation war ... to show Shaikh mujib initiated the war ..

Last edited by a moderator:
"DAMADAM MASTKALANDAR" is a Pakistani song or qawali whatever you want to say Runa laila did a great job by singing it reflecting her gratitude towards Pakistan though we sadly didnot host the WC

As i already have said many times before and dare to say it again that showing the liberation war , ploitical stuff and other things was not a good thing on Bangladesh's part .it was a sports ceremony and they would have better let it to be what it was rather initiating this political stuff ,really it would have hurt a lot of people ,

Sports is for peace and love not for wars,enemosity and politics

I did not see the show but what I gather from the news footage is that the whole show was confined in Awami show. Bangladesh doesn't revolve around Mujib, bloody 71, language movement and Hindu based cultural show. Bangladesh is a lot more and I find that majority's cultural practice and believe were absence form that show. :disagree:

Mr. Shankar wrote and performed the theme song which beg me the question, what happen to our singer and if India was so visible in this show then what was the reason for us to hold the show in Bangladesh rather then in India???? :undecided:

This show didn't represent Bangladesh as nation instead some particular group and culture. Thus world did not see the country Bangladesh. :tdown:

And for ur kind information..the world cup is not held only in Bangladesh..There are two other countries 'India' and Sri lanka...So the opening ceremony was showing culture of all the three hosts...India show cased its culture..
If u find that disgusting....then :wave:

"DAMADAM MASTKALANDAR" is a Pakistani song or qawali whatever you want to say Runa laila did a great job by singing it reflecting her gratitude towards Pakistan though we sadly didnot host the WC

She grew up in pakistan... but get back to bangladesh after partition... She most of time sang the song... do not know anything about her gratitude for pakistan or she sing the song for that or not..

As I told before, the matter is about presenting our History and culture. And unfortunately our History is bitter to Pakistani people. But what can we do. That is our history since our independence. So try to understand the fact. We don't have different things to show. Though our AL govt try to get advantage repeating 71-history always, which is irritating. We do not show our History to hurt Pakistanis, rather these are shown as our glorious achievements. Try to understand that. Our people dont want to find who was right or wrong in 52 or 71, but somehow these have became our integrated part of our glorious History.

Try to think the matters differently now. By appreciating our History you can easily win the heart of Bangladeshis, if you want. As Indians do by prising our History. Think like that, you failed to understand what Bangladeshis want before, now this is the super chance to understand Bangladeshis again. So, be diplomatic, and exploit our history and ego to have well relation between us, or skip such comment.

Cheers!

:)

Well it is good that you are proud of your history which you should be but the fact is that at some occasions such type of performances are just unneeded and should be avoided. As far as bitter history is concern we have much bitter history to Bharat than you have with us. But we never keep repeating the history on every platform whether it is sports or anything else. We also hosted Cricket WC before you were awarded test status. We hosted Hockey WC too. But we never keep repeating this "bitter history" issues in those sports tournaments. Every nation has it's part of bitter history but they don't keep bragging about it on every occasion even sports. If you want to keep living with the "evil" West Pakistanis thing than fine. Keep living with it, but at least don't bring it in sports.

As far as Indians praising your history is concern, you know why they praise your history and the reason is obvious. So the bottom line is you should be proud of your history but please spare sports for once. If it is about winning hearts, you already disappointed many Pakistanis including me with this lousy "history praising" performance.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings but enough is enough. :disagree:

As i already have said many times before and dare to say it again that showing the liberation war , ploitical stuff and other things was not a good thing on Bangladesh's part .it was a sports ceremony and they would have better let it to be what it was rather initiating this political stuff ,really it would have hurt a lot of people ,

Sports is for peace and love not for wars,enemosity and politics

It is true that liberation war along with language movement is an integrated part of our history and AL always try to monopolize it.... But another big group has also emerged n that is the bharatis ... according to them they have won the war and has done something... n freedom fighter has done nothing... in reality every one knows that other then providing some assistance and coming in to the war for the last 13 days bharatis has done nothing... This was a known fact militarily bhartis were uncapable of defeating united pakistan or to win war in the east pakistan. I personally think that a peaceful separation was possible and it would be better for both pakistan and bangladesh's economy... But pakistan's then ruler has done lots of bigotry... even though 1 thing really bothering me whether bhartis tryed to provoke the situation by insisting Shaikh Mujibor Rahman to go directly in a confronting situation instead asking international assistance for the separation through referendum...Est Pakistan/ Bangladesh had more population then the west and they just recently won the election both thing would have worked for our favor.. through this we would not only able to save the life of 3 million people but also could save our economy which was in better position then both china and india...

I did not see the show but what I gather from the news footage is that the whole show was confined in Awami show. Bangladesh doesn't revolve around Mujib, bloody 71, language movement and Hindu based cultural show. Bangladesh is a lot more and I find that majority's cultural practice and believe were absence form that show. :disagree:

Mr. Shankar wrote and performed the theme song which beg me the question, what happen to our singer and if India was so visible in this show then what was the reason for us to hold the show in Bangladesh rather then in India???? :undecided:

This show didn't represent Bangladesh as nation instead some particular group and culture. Thus world did not see the country Bangladesh. :tdown:

Thats what made me upset and hurt alot of cricket fans specially in Pakistan .Really was un-expected ,the moment that bloody stuff started i turned off my TV because i knew that something is going to be really cocky here

i wonder if Sheikh Hasina was paid for it or she really is so much anti-Pakistani either way not a good sign

She grew up in pakistan... but get back to bangladesh after partition... She most of time sang the song... do not know anything about her gratitude for pakistan or she sing the song for that or not..

Never knew it,thanks for telling

It is true that liberation war along with language movement is an integrated part of our history and AL always try to monopolize it.... But another big group has also emerged n that is the bharatis ... according to them they have won the war and has done something... n freedom fighter has done nothing... in reality every one knows that other then providing some assistance and coming in to the war for the last 13 days bharatis has done nothing... This was a known fact militarily bhartis were uncapable of defeating united pakistan or to win war in the east pakistan. I personally think that a peaceful separation was possible and it would be better for both pakistan and bangladesh's economy... But pakistan's then ruler has done lots of bigotry... even though 1 thing really bothering me whether bhartis tryed to provoke the situation by insisting Shaikh Mujibor Rahman to go directly in a confronting situation instead asking international assistance for the separation through referendum...Est Pakistan/ Bangladesh had more population then the west and they just recently won the election both thing would have worked for our favor.. through this we would not only able to save the life of 3 million people but also could save our economy which was in better position then both china and india...

The same BS in every thread. Even in Cricket, this guy can't think beyond his dreams. :lol:

Sorry Mods in advance for going bit off topic

To remember your past is not an ugly thing but what i m talking is there is a "right place, right people and right time" for everything ,yesterday's event was not suitable for that

Secondly its like Pakistan on the eve of such sports ceremony showing that how Pakistan got independence from Bharat, would it be pleasing for indian nation at the time when they along with the whole world was expecting something hospitable ? or for other instance we showing how Mujib-ur-Rehman bluffed Pakistan with the help of anti-Pakistani's? will such stuff have pleased Bangladesh nation?

Thats what made me upset and hurt alot of cricket fans specially in Pakistan .Really was un-expected ,the moment that bloody stuff started i turned off my TV because i knew that something is going to be really cocky here

i wonder if Sheikh Hasina was paid for it or she really is so much anti-Pakistani either way not a good sign

I personally do not know in which part you closed the TV... but the videos are here...

Here bangladeshi culture and history was tried to be depicted through cultural performance... but I think speech of shaikh mujibor rahman could have been avoided... that was not part of cultural performance...it gave a political dimension to the show...

Last edited by a moderator:
some more pics...from espn...

128452.jpg

128468.jpg

128485.jpg

128466.jpg

128467.jpg

128465.jpg

128463.jpg

Back
Top Bottom