What's new

South Korea's Indigenous IFV K-21.

@pokdo

This is good. Is Korea keen on exporting its armoured products? You already export warships.

@pokdo

This is good. Is Korea keen on exporting its armoured products? You already export warships.

Yeah, matter a fact, L&T is offering to produce the Korean K9 self arty for India.

0_201204040050022GaLK.jpg

[Documentary] Stories on Development of K-21 (korean)

Anyeong ha shim ni ka!
Jeongmal gam sa habnida. Naneun hangug-ui gunsa gae bal e gwan sim-eul !

Kam sa hamnida !

View attachment 36851 View attachment 36852 View attachment 36853 View attachment 36854 View attachment 36855 View attachment 36856 View attachment 36857

Not so sure but I've heard that the engine is a licensed product of MAN D2840 and the tansmission is domestically enhanced version of Bradley(IFV)'s

Hi @pokdo ,

May I also ask how many of these types are currently active in the South Korean Army?

Kam sa hamnida ! joh-eun il !

:tup:

Anyeong ha shim ni ka!
Jeongmal gam sa habnida. Naneun hangug-ui gunsa gae bal. gwan sim-eul !

Kam sa hamnida !

Hi @pokdo ,

May I also ask how many of these types are currently active in the South Korean Army?

Kam sa hamnida ! joh-eun il !

:tup:

Doumo arigatto gozaimasu !

please forgive my bad japanese skill.
Anyway I'm glad you like my thread.
To be honest japan is the most experienced and resourceful at all kinds of technology currently as for korea it is such an blessing to have such a great collaborator around.
Eventhough they make many troubles in their history issues or general consensus, yet they are the closest allies alike.
So I Wish you all the luck .....

and I almost forgot to answer your inquiry!
I don't know much of the exact numbers but primarily 900 or more of the vehicles were planned to be deployed.
I might be wrong since this isn't an accurate information issued by reliable sources.

Last edited:
@pokdo

They've always been a keen on sales but then all the floodings of retired goods in the market forced it only to be used at the homeland.

But still they're looking forward for a good news.

Last edited:
Doumo arigatto gozaimasu !

please forgive my bad japanese skill.
Anyway I'm glad you like my thread.
To be honest japan is the most experienced and resourceful at all kinds of technology currently as for korea it is such an blessing to have such a great collaborator around.
Eventhough they make many troubles in their history issues or general consensus, yet they are the closest allies alike.
So I Wish you all the luck .....

and I almost forgot to answer your inquiry!
I don't know much of the exact numbers but primarily 900 or more of the vehicles were planned to be deployed.
I might be wrong since this isn't an accurate information issued by reliable sources.

Domo arigato gozaimasu, my friend ! Your Japanese is perfect ! :cheers:

The developments of the South Korean Armed Forces, and the Korean defense industry is to be emulated , truly! I've been following the South Korean TA-50 fighter trainers, these are really great innovations, which takes into consider the F-16 design. I'm also keen read about the naval development of South Korea, one of my favorite ships is the Gwanggaeto the Great Class as well as the Sejong the Great Class. Very impressive !

While I agree with you that the unfortunate historical issues between Korean and Japanese people, I believe that it is only invetible that both of our countries get past this, and forge even greater strategic cooperation and partnerships.

I don't know if you know this back in 2013, both the South Korea and Japanese naval forces held a joint naval and air exercise. Perhaps, we can return to such activities , even expand it to ground operations, after our great nations normalize relationships. Long has it always been that Japan considers South Korea an strategic partner , and Japanese people have much respect for Korean culture and Korean people.

U.S.+Navy+CVN-73+George+-+Washington+aircraft+carrier,+DDG+85+Mike+Campbell+missile+destroyers,+Japanese+Shirane-class+guided+missile+destroyer+DDH144+pommel+horse,+South+Korea+sent+the+DDH-976+Chungmugong+missil+%281%29.jpg

Our Trilateral naval cooperation in 2013,

See you around more @pokdo , I look forward to seeing you also in the China & Far East discussion section. Its good to read more of the Korean point of view.

Kam sa ham nida.

primarily 900 or more of the vehicles were planned to be deployed.

That is an impressive amount to be deployed !

Thank you for your great interest and gratitude I really wish I had learnt how to speak in japanese

But anyway matta kondo aimashou!

Back
Top Bottom