What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

LoL. Asim was claiming that s3 will have 12Mp camera, but it has 8.

That's what it was supposed to have, maybe in the second update. Samsung always comes with a second update in a few months after the inital launch, like we saw the 4.5" SII.

The Eye tracking in the front facing camera is definitely something big in terms of humanistic technology. So far from the videos and specs, I'm sold on the SIII, when it comes, I'm buying.

That's what it was supposed to have, maybe in the second update. Samsung always comes with a second update in a few months after the inital launch, like we saw the 4.5" SII.

The Eye tracking in the front facing camera is definitely something big in terms of humanistic technology. So far from the videos and specs, I'm sold on the SIII, when it comes, I'm buying.

i think samsung will through another galaxy in market after the launch of iphone 5

i am having galaxy gio and its running on ICS ROM its awesome why you didnt tried ICS ROMS on your galaxy S even its way power ful device then the galaxy gio may be you dont know the capabilities of android phone you better buy iphone toys those are good for you people :D

which browser you used for your android phone dear ?? galaxy S is a good phone and we can compare hardware of galaxt s with iphone 4 i am using medium android device its awesome and about browsing thingy there are a lot of forums which are linked up with android apps may be you didnt tried those apps too :rolleyes:

ICS ROM is not yet stable for Galaxy S India version. My contention with Samsung is that they refuse to roll out ICS update for Galaxy S when the Galaxy S is powerful enough to have a fully fledged ICS. Heck not even a value add on update! F@ck you Samsung!

I usually use XScope Pro or Dolphin HD. Gingerbread doesn't have a good browser, controls and navigation are pathetic in all of them, dunno who designed them!

IOS has barely changed at all if you go from 2,3,4,5.

Unless they do something radical with the IO6 and release with Iphone5 and it has atleast 4.5+ inched screen with at least Quad Core processor, people are not going to even consider Iphone5.

It's true that the notification bar in iOS mimics Android's but if you take a look at my earlier posts you would have read that Android basically today is what it is because of iOS. Steve Job's himself considered it a stolen product. I will disagree with you on another note, that just because nothing has changed doesn't mean that Android is better. Apple set the base of iOS with the release of the first iPhone, after that it has slowly built upon its platform by introducing features when they are refined enough to the extent that they function in an elegant manner. An example of elegance could be all the icons having the same size resulting in uniformity & an equal for a user to press the icon for every application. You may have noticed in the Galaxy S III you are able to watch a video in a tiny box as if it was a popup while doing other activities. Frankly that feature hasn't even been implemented decently & is just there for showing off.

Well Android's software used to be crap until Honeycomb was introduced. This new Ice Cream sandwich simply outclasses all the predecessors and you no longer have those ugly crashes every now and than. I have used both IOS and Android platforms from the very beginning and let me assure you that the latest platform of Android has so many features that IOS is simply lagging behind in everything. IOS is updated very slowly and there is no doubt it is still more stable than Android but I don't feel pain by using Android platform either.

Well flash is missing on iOS, the only way to get it at the moment is via jailbreak, but HTML5 being an emerging platform will hopefully change that. As for the quality of software, I even added articles stating that Google itself isn't happy with the quality of software on the Android market place. In my own experience almost every application on iOS is of superior quality to Android. I can even post YouTube videos of people demonstrating some awesome on their iPads & iPhones.

See the word "Hopefully" is the problem in IOS where Android wins straight away
I don't know if this helps, but is the kind of Forex software you require:

App Store - FOREXTrader by FOREX.com

This iPhone's Forex software is for babies... same version of this software in Android has tons of more features and a perfect replacement for Desktop version of the same software. I know for general purpose users, iPhone has better "entertaining" software's available in App store but for business users Android offers a lot more features comparing to IOS.

The other points you mention are personal preference for example having live widgets, or any external memory card. Some people even want removable batteries, I hardly find any benefit in having a removable battery. I never came across a situation in my iPhone that would require me to remove my battery. It all comes down to this I guess, people should use what's best for them.
Yes but having an option of more features is always better than having no or limited features

Apple's iOS has loads of software to do day to day tasks, you can use "Pages" for word processing. Also I am quite certain not all Android phones can be used as a laptop replacement, especially not the ones with smaller screens. The iPhone gives people a standard experience & is meant for those that like, Android's variation might be considered a strength by few, but it's also its biggest weakness.
Alternative for pages in Android is Office Suit or Polaris office.. and you also have many other free apps for similar purpose. Yes Android does give problems in some of the softwares when the screen resolutions do not match and you see fonts either very large or very small but then see that exception is only for 0.00001% of the software's whereas most of the standard software's works absolutely fine.

Samsung Galaxy SIII: Competition for the iPhone?

Samsung Galaxy SIII: Competition for the iPhone? - YouTube

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Apple iPhone 4S - Hands On and Comparison

This is not a good comparison video, in fact it sucks, but it's all I could find at the moment. I hope Technobuffalo or Phonedog makes a comparison video between the iPhone 4S & Samsung Galaxy S III.

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Apple iPhone 4S - Hands On and Comparison - YouTube

He just compared the screens and totally dissed the iphone :P

Look at the icon riddled screen of the iphone, like people are too dumb to select apps normally. Compare that with the pebble nature phoneTop!

Iphone 4S is not even IN competition with the SIII. Iphone5 maybe, unless they do something about IOS and radically bring it at par... I don't see it competing. Iphone 5 is like 4 months away? By then SIII update 2 would be out, so it has no chance competing hardware-wise lets see if Apple can stay ahead of the game with its software.

Unless they do something radical with the IO6 and release with Iphone5 and it has atleast 4.5+ inched screen with at least Quad Core processor, people are not going to even consider Iphone5.
It might have got 4.5+ inch screen, but the screen quality is of no match to Retina Display of 4S, which has higher pixel density.

It might have got 4.5+ inch screen, but the screen quality is of no match to Retina Display of 4S, which has higher pixel density.
That is the only fair advantage Apple phone has over other manufacturers. But see it has nothing to do with the software...

and if you start using both mobile phones side by side.. you would opt to choose larger screen of 4 inches + for browsing Defence.pk, watching youtube videos and googling from Internet. iPhone's screen is the best in the market but it is very small for browsing large Internet pages...

Could be my personal opinion though

They are almost the same PPI, furthermore the colors have to be compared as well and the SIII has a lot more vivid colors, heck I think that Retina Display doesn't even compare to the SII screen.

Like I explained earlier, Apple isn't fond of radical overhauls to the operating systems it makes. The transition from OS 9 to OS X was pretty extreme but it was essential or Apple would have died. With iOS for example the base of the operating system was set with the initial iPhone, & now Apple is going to continue to build upon that base & improve it.

I am sure that iPhone 5 will have a quad core processor. As for the screen size, it will never be 4.5 inches or above. I have said this so many times that Apple releases one phone to target the mass market. Android phones are released with different specifications to target segmented markets. Not all consumers want a phone with a screen size of 4.5 inches or above, this means Apple has to figure out a way to satisfy the majority. Personally I think Apple should should increase the screen size to 4 inches.

That is the only fair advantage Apple phone has over other manufacturers. But see it has nothing to do with the software...

and if you start using both mobile phones side by side.. you would opt to choose larger screen of 4 inches + for browsing Defence.pk, watching youtube videos and googling from Internet. iPhone's screen is the best in the market but it is very small for browsing large Internet pages...

Could be my personal opinion though

The retina display's mostly an illusion, compare pictures, browsing and videos on the SII with the Iphone 4S and you'll see the difference. Iphone gives a sharper image but with dull colors. It's the whole technology, Super AMOLED is just starting off, Retina Display can't improve much further.

I'm not fond of too big screen where I have to stretch my thumbs at their extreme to reach the controls at the top. Heck with these bigger Samsung models I guess I'd need an extra hand. :/

Back
Top Bottom