What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

He just compared the screens and totally dissed the iphone :P

I told you it was a horrible comparison video lol.

Look at the icon riddled screen of the iphone, like people are too dumb to select apps normally. Compare that with the pebble nature phoneTop!

Everyone has their own opinions on what a user interface should be like. Personally I think that TouchWiz UI is horrible, the stock ICS interface looks way better.

Iphone 4S is not even IN competition with the SIII. Iphone5 maybe, unless they do something about IOS and radically bring it at par... I don't see it competing. Iphone 5 is like 4 months away? By then SIII update 2 would be out, so it has no chance competing hardware-wise lets see if Apple can stay ahead of the game with its software.

Many people don't care much about the specifications, most users think of the user experience. Apple still has the edge in user experience, the Android experience varies from phone to phone. That is Android's biggest flaw in my opinion. Anyway the Galaxy S III is out now, lets wait & see how it does in comparison with the iPhone.

I told you it was a horrible comparison video lol.

Everyone has their own opinions on what a user interface should be like. Personally I think that TouchWiz UI is horrible, the stock ICS interface looks way better.

Many people don't care much about the specifications, most users think of the user experience. Apple still has the edge in user experience, the Android experience varies from phone to phone. That is Android's biggest flaw in my opinion. Anyway the Galaxy S III is out now, lets wait & see how it does in comparison with the iPhone.

Galaxy S2 ne hi iPhone ki band baja di thee - ab to S3 hai to no comparison until iPhone 5 is released

Galaxy S2 ne hi iPhone ki band baja di thee - ab to S3 hai to no comparison until iPhone 5 is released

Apple’s iPhone Captures 31% Of Smartphone Market in US

comscore-iphone-market-share.jpg

Keep in mind that while Apple's market share only consists of the iPhones, Android's market share consists of every Android phone ever released.

Samsung Galaxy S2 sees record sales but still behind Apple

Samsung’s Galaxy S2 has secured the title of the most popular Android Smartphone and it has already passed the 10 million mark in under two fiscal quarters. This amazing performance is chiefly due to the very impressive specs that come with the phone. It also features a robust version of Android and a very slim and easy-going design. While, Android has managed to capture a larger share of the market for smart phones, no one particular phone has been able to out-perform the iPhone.

Despite the Galaxy S2’s awesome performance, it is dwarfed by that of the iPhone, which managed to sell more than 20 million devices in the 2nd quarter alone. On paper, the Galaxy S2 outclasses the iPhone 4 and may even outperform the iPhone 5. It is also one of the first phones to venture into the dual-core range (along with others including HTC and LG). However, what the Galaxy lacks is the smooth marketing skills that Apple has come to take for granted. In addition, Apple has managed to develop an unrivalled level of product integration and support services that make the iPhone a virtually hassle free device to operate.

Apple’s iPhone Captures 31% Of Smartphone Market in US

comscore-iphone-market-share.jpg

Keep in mind that while Apple's market share only consists of the iPhones, Android's market share consists of every Android phone ever released.

Samsung Galaxy S2 sees record sales but still behind Apple
You have to realize that if iOS was not exclusive to Apple it the iPhone would not have sold as much and IF Android was Exclusive to Samsung it would have matched or superseded iPhone in sales.Not a fair comparison in ANY way IMHO.

You have to realize that if iOS was not exclusive to Apple it the iPhone would not have sold as much and IF Android was Exclusive to Samsung it would have matched or superseded iPhone in sales.Not a fair comparison in ANY way IMHO.

Huh? :woot: If iOS was not exclusive to Apple then it would have had a much larger market share than it does now. Why wouldn't it sell as much if it was not exclusive to Apple?

If Android was exclusive to Samsung it would have done horribly, it's because of the variety of manufacturers selling Android that it has managed to accumulate such a large market share.

iPhone_5s_concept_1.png

iPhone 5S Quad Core Phone Features Full HD Retina Display

It’s been a while since the last iPhone concept and here’s a fresh one by Hasan Kaymak. Meet the iPhone 5S, that features a quad core 1.5 GHz processor and a Full HD Retina Display. I guess that we’re at least one year away from 1080p phones, but if there’s anyone to debut that technology, then that’s Apple.

The iPhone 5S features a 2100 mAh battery, supports a wireless charging, Bluetooth 4.0 and iOS 6.0 as the software of choice. The device’s display diagonal is 4.5 inches and other features included are NFC, 4G LTE+ connectivity and Gorilla Glass 2 technology. The design is not something unexpected, to tell the truth: a slab of metal shaped in a rectangular form and looking a bit like a HTC meets an Xperia to me. There’s also a 12.1 megapixel iSight camera at the back, that I suppose will rule the cameraphone segment for years.

A quad core 1080p phone may happen towards the end of the year and it may come from Samsung, maybe HTC or maybe even Apple. I’m pretty sure they’ll move to quad core processing, but to 1080p not quite… Also, iPhone 5S makes me think about 2013 rather than 2012.

iPhone_5s_concept_2.png

iPhone_5s_concept_3.png

iPhone_5s_concept_4.png

iPhone_5s_concept_5.jpg

New_iPhone_2012_ADR_1.jpg

The New iPhone From ADR Studio… Oh My God!

Wow… just wow! Just when you think you’ve seen everything here comes ADR Studio and delivers The New iPhone. Their 2012 vision of the iPhone 5 is simply stunning and incredibly original when it comes to form factor, especially the back side. And another thing: this device is SIM-free, an idea that Apple has been exploring for a while now.

The New iPhone can get the data directly through the mobile network and supports 4G LTE without requiring a SIM card. This device uses a new audio section, with two panel speakers, as shown by the pics here. There’s also an aluminum unibody design in the mix and the controls are now placed on the top and the edge… and boy is this a thin smartphone or what? And we’re just getting started! The handset comes with 3 Retina Displays, or better said 3 strips of screens, with one at the top showing all the info and notifications, one at the bottom for the App dock, multitasking and others and the main one, the central piece that serves as desktop space.

The Home button is now integrated into the bottom display and it becomes active thanks to a motion sensor. ADR Studio also mentions a LED powered edge, that can be used to show the battery life of the New iPhone 2012 or a favourite caller. I guess that this iPhone concept runs iOS 6.0 and the overall display is certainly bigger than 4.2 inches, so it’s maybe 4.6 inches, as rumored recently. The camera at the back is maybe a 12 or 8 megapixel unit and the CPU inside has got to be a quad core unit… Beautiful, just beautiful!

New_iPhone_2012_ADR_2.jpg

New_iPhone_2012_ADR_3.jpg

New_iPhone_2012_ADR_4.jpg

New_iPhone_2012_ADR_5.jpg

New_iPhone_2012_ADR_6.jpg

**********​

I am sure this concept will never turn in to a reality so don't get your hopes up. I didn't like this concept to be honest.

Here are some extra off topic concepts' articles. I will try to respond other posts on this thread as soon as possible.

**********​

2012 BlackBerry Concept Features a Wraparound Display

The folks of Crackberry.com started an interesting collection of BlackBerry concepts and the first one that impressed them was the one created by John Anastasiadis. Meet the 2012 BlackBerry concept with a wraparound display and asymmetrical design, that looks stunning. I tell you, the iPhone 4S and Nokia N9 don’t have anything on this beauty…

BlackBerry_concept_2012.jpg

The designer of this device is both a BlackBerry fan and industrial design passionate with an MBA, so he put his skills to good work. As I said, this BlackBerry design includes a wrap around display, that incorporates the soft keys on the underside for gaming, navigation and other purposes. Being an asymmetrical device, this unit lets you know which side is the best to hold without looking at the phone. There’s a hard button incorporated, one that’s used to lock the screen, take pictures and more.

An interesting aspect is the artificial intelligence on this model, that predicts the user’s intention for a command. I can see that Chrome is also on board, as well as Facebook and a multitasking system that reminds me of QNX OS. The front and back cameras are hidden behind the display, that will also serve as the flash by illuminating. How cool is that? This has got to be the best BlackBerry design I’ve seen in years…

**********​

This design did manage to impress me a bit, however I am not sure how good the phone would be for day to day usage without seeing some sort of a video of this concept in action. Research in Motion (RIM) has been doing horribly for a long time, lets hope the competition improves once the new Blackberry phones with the brand new OS come out. I am tired of reading news about iOS & Android alone, WP7 isn't doing that great either.

This is the best iPhone concept I liked so far... Hope that becomes reality... Also the concept in the first post is very alluring

What did you like about this concept? Honestly I didn't like how 3 retina displays would be assigned the task of showing 3 segments of the user interface. I prefer the full screen approach in the current smart phones.

What did you like about this concept? Honestly I didn't like how 3 retina displays would be assigned the task of showing 3 segments of the user interface. I prefer the full screen approach in the current smart phones.

I guess we all agree that phones are no longer used for making phone calls only. 90% of their usage is to browse internet and videos only. Now larger iPhone screen will make it easier for me to browse PDF for example... The design of the above model is very friendly to feel in my hands

I guess we all agree that phones are no longer used for making phone calls only. 90% of their usage is to browse internet and videos only. Now larger iPhone screen will make it easier for me to browse PDF for example... The design of the above model is very friendly to feel in my hands

Oh ok, I understand, you give a lot of important to the screen size. I too would like to see the screen size increase, but 4 inches is the maximum we can expect according to my analysis of the rumors so far.

Apple will not be willing to expand the screen size to a point where it would be hard to use the phone with one hand. Besides it's not just us males who use the iPhone, women use the iPhone as well; women generally have smaller hands then men. So if the size of the iPhone screen becomes to large, it may result in Apple alienating its female market segment.

Here is another off topic concept article.

Apple_iCam_camera_concept_6.jpg

Apple iCam Camera Concept Would Kill All Nikon, Canon and Lumix Lovers

An Apple camera concept doesn’t sound so far fetched nowadays, especially with the Cupertino giant looking for a new direction. Steve Jobs wanted to change the way we use phones, TVs, computers and maybe even cameras. He partly achieved that through the great camera on the iPhone 4S, but there’s room for more evolution. Maybe the iCam Apple camera will take care of that…

Apple_iCam_camera_concept_1.jpg

A creation of ADR Studio, this device was shown to us by Antonio de Rosa, creator of many interesting Apple concepts. The iCam comes with an unibody aluminum design, interchangeable Apple lenses, an iMount mounting system and a front touchscreen for self portraits. There’s also an LED flash on board, a front pico projector and a SD UHS-i slot. Siri compatibility is also here, as well as a motion sensor and ISO range from 100 to 3200, extendable to 6400.

The Apple camera concept is capable of full HD 60 fps capture, using a 10.1 megapixel sensor and its specs most likely include Bluetooth and WiFi as well. I suppose that the time between shots is almost non-existent, since even the iPhone 4S beat records and delivered an incredibly fast photo shooting experience. Would you buy this camera? What price range it would fit?

Apple_iCam_camera_concept_2.jpg

Apple_iCam_camera_concept_3.jpg

Apple_iCam_camera_concept_4.jpg

Apple_iCam_camera_concept_5.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S3 comes out today in London. 4.7" Screen, 1.5 Ghz Quad Core processor, 12 MP camera, 320dpi screen. Forget the Iphone. Its for people who want to do dumb things on smart phones.

Correction: It is not 12 MP but 8 MP! Surprising na? I was surprised to see 8 MP on SIII when SII is already offering 12 MP.

Oh ok, I understand, you give a lot of important to the screen size. I too would like to see the screen size increase, but 4 inches is the maximum we can expect according to my analysis of the rumors so far.

Apple will not be willing to expand the screen size to a point where it would be hard to use the phone with one hand.

My friend has Galaxy Note but he has no issue with its big size. But yeah! Steve Jobs was from day one against BIG screens for phones. Apple won't go against the trend laid down by him.

My friend has Galaxy Note but he has no issue with its big size. But yeah! Steve Jobs was from day one against BIG screens for phones. Apple won't go against the trend laid down by him.

Your friend might not have issues with the size of the Galaxy Note, but I am quite certain that not everyone wants a phone with such a large screen as it effects its usability & makes the phone less pocketable.

ICS ROM is not yet stable for Galaxy S India version. My contention with Samsung is that they refuse to roll out ICS update for Galaxy S when the Galaxy S is powerful enough to have a fully fledged ICS. Heck not even a value add on update! F@ck you Samsung!

I usually use XScope Pro or Dolphin HD. Gingerbread doesn't have a good browser, controls and navigation are pathetic in all of them, dunno who designed them!

i dnt know why ur ics rom is not stable mine is working perfect .. and use opera mozilla fire fox or chrome for ur device they are perfectly running on my phone

Back
Top Bottom