What's new

Google Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KitKat rumors: here's everything............

Status
Not open for further replies.
iPhone 5S all the way! Boo Android!

Haha! The iPhone is great, but I want to try the Nexus 5 as a primary device. Apple's iOS 7 still requires more time to improve seeing as it's brand new.

I got the iPhone 5 last year, & I honestly don't think there is any major reason that would require an iPhone 5 user to upgrade to the iPhone 5S. In that case, it's better to wait for the iPhone 6.

White Nexus 5 official shot surfaces

Anyone interested in the white Nexus 5 may check out the picture in the source above.

Nexus 5, 10 2 release date October 24: Android 4.4 KitKat to launch at NYC Play Google event with new products

I hope this source is accurate, just two more days left for the announcement. :D

By the way, the above source also mentions battery life & general performance optimizations in Android 4.4 Kitkat, & that applies to older devices that get the update too.

Although people with older devices including recently released devices may never get the update or they might get it around 6 to 8 months after release. :laughcry:

:cheers:

Isnt the point of a nexus, not having to update because software is recent?

Is the build quality of the nexus 4 that bad?

I just hope the speakers are loud, my n3 speakers suck.

Good build quality but feels pretty light, depending on preference that may or may not be a good thing. It's speakers aren't the best thing in it. It's camera had issues too.

They improved all of that for the nexus 5 and the new android OS is the special thing.

For speakers I think HTC has some of the best on the market. I actually was debating, I have an Galaxy Note 2, so I got used to big screen phones. I was really excited for the HTC One Max, but, they should of had a snapdragon 800 quad core processor. Also, maybe even am higher resolution screen as high as it is. Their camera needed improving and they didn't do that.

I would have loved to purchase it had they fixed these three things. So now, I'm looking at the nexus 5. And I'm not sure I want to go back to samsung, they're good. But, I want to try something new. I'll check the note 3 out either way.

Haha! The iPhone is great, but I want to try the Nexus 5 as a primary device. Apple's iOS 7 still requires more time to improve seeing as it's brand new.

I got the iPhone 5 last year, & I honestly don't think there is any major reason that would require an iPhone 5 user to upgrade to the iPhone 5S. In that case, it's better to wait for the iPhone 6.

You're gonna love the pure android experience. You won't regret it. They are really going to master this one I believe. The only con may be the battery life, even though it may he really good, it won't be great.

You can just buy an extended battery though. :)

You're gonna love the pure android experience. You won't regret it.

I hope so too.

They are really going to master this one I believe. The only con may be the battery life, even though it may he really good, it won't be great.

You can just buy an extended battery though. :)

Yeah, the Nexus 5 has the potential to rival all other flagship devices in the market at the moment. The Google Edition of flagship smartphones was a good idea too, but I never came across either Google Edition device or even heard much about them after the early publicity.

They could have been successful if they were marketed properly & introduced in more markets, but I guess OEMs wouldn't want the sales of their official flagships to be affected.

To be honest, I am not fond of extended batteries like the Morphie Juice Pack for the iPhone. As long as the battery can last around a day with moderate to slightly heavy usage, it's fine with me.

**********​

Anyway, here is more news about the Nexus 5:

[Update] Google sending out invites for October 24 event

According to the source of this invite, Russell Holly, who is always spot on with his information, there will be no new hardware at this event. Google, quit playing games with my heart!

Google event scheduled for October 24th is not for the Nexus 5

A published report on Friday cites a reliable source as saying that this event will not feature the introduction of any hardware at all. As it turns out, the event will be for educational purposes only. Well, that now leaves next Thursday wide open for you.

nexuso.png

So it turns out the Nexus 5 might not be introduced on October 24. That's annoying! :lol:

The link below is a bit old & its reliability is uncertain, but it highlights the Nexus 5's performance, which seems to be quite impressive.

Nexus 5 smashes Galaxy S4 in leaked benchmarks
Compares well to the iPhone 5S

Android 4.4 will going to be better than IoS7 I think. The Galaxy S4 already has the features of iphone 5s ios7.

Nexus 5 release rumour hints at November

It is pretty obvious that there will be a new Nexus smartphone in the coming weeks following the amount of leaks and sightings we have seen recently, and it has long been believed that the device will become available this month but a new Nexus 5 release rumour hints at November.

We may get more indication about Google’s plans tomorrow at the event it is staging over in New York City, and they may even surprise everyone and reveal the Nexus 5 along with the Nexus 10. Leaks have continued to come thick and fast recently that have included a white model and a brief appearance on Google Play.

Rumor: Nexus 5 release date set for October 31 (Google Play), November 7-8 (Canada)

Google did not announce new products during its October 24 event, but the company is now rumored to soon launch its next flagship Android smartphone, the Nexus 5.

According to a tip received by MobileSyrup, the Nexus 5 will start selling on October 31 from the Google Play Store, with November 7-8 reportedly being the release date set for various mobile operators from Canada that will apparently launch the device. The carriers list for the handset includes Rogers, Bell, Telus, Koodo and Virgin.

Naturally, we’ll remind you that this is just a rumor, although we will say that this isn’t the first time we hear that October 31 may be the Google Play Store launch date for the Nexus 5.

Furthermore, the same publication posted a supposedly leaked press image for the Telus Nexus 5 not too long ago, with the image (or at least part of it – see below) being confirmed by Google’s Nexus 5 Play Store listing.

telus-nexus-5-2-645x576.jpg

**********​

Here is another high resolution picture of the Nexus 5 from the same source.

nexus-5-press-image-1.jpg

Nexus 5 reportedly due to launch on November 1st, will be available in black and white models
Sean Buckley - Oct 27th, 2013

Still waiting for Google to make its often-leakedNexus 5 official? Sit tight -- one leak suggests the device's unveiling could be just around the corner. The latest render from @evleaks shows a two-toned Nexus 5 with a white backplate, but the post's text is even more revealing: "In white," it says. "11/1." It's definitely a vague statement, but in light of Google Play's recent product page leak, an early November launch would be right on schedule. The latest rumors and leaks promise a device with a 4.95-inch 1080p display, a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 CPU and LTE available in both 16 and 32GB models and, apparently, in black or white. Reportedly starting at $349, it certainly has our attention. We'll let you know when we hear something official.

At the moment, Nexus 5 rumors are fluctuating between 31st October to 1st November. No official statement from Google is out yet, so at this point all of these rumors should be taken with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom