What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

I haven't been back to Pakistan is a long time so I really want to know if Pakistan have a data network like 3g?

No 3G here. No 3G license has been given to any company.

Iphone 4 s is much better. I sold my iphone 4 to get S2. I will not go for apple until they bring flash support for web browser, Bring SD card slot, bring support for multi video formats(Div x, Xvid etc) and last but not lest get rid of limitation of itunes and simply bring drag and drop option when connect with PC...

Flash support, i am not aware of this.

for SD Card, if you want to save your files, you can simply download usb softwares, for video formats AV Player is there.

Yes, the limitation of itunes is there, however iOS 5 include wireless syncing as well.

i used couple of new phones in recent weeks but i say go for iPhone 4 once again...

I liked Samsung Galaxy S2 as well... but iphone 4 with IOS 5 is still probably the best choice

To me there is not a huge difference between 3GS and 4, considering the differential amount to be paid for iphone 4.
by paying extra 15 to 18 K, you just get bit speedy processor / ram, shape, high res cam and front cam. which is too high.

but still moved to iphone 4, due to front cam, it has become replacement for a laptop that i was using for video chatting. Result on skype, yahoo, ooVoo is extremely excellent when compared with my Dell Vostro Core i5.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

wt about iphone 4s worth the xtra cash ?

Nope. I would not recommend 4S, as there is not a huge difference but price is almost double.

No 3G here. No 3G license has been given to any company.

Then this discussion is moot isn't it?
might as well buy a Nokia phone from 1999.
There really isn't much of a point to a smart phone if you don't have data available.
Hopefully Pakistan will modernize soon.

Nokia X-7 isn't bad either , been using it for last 3 months now , have no complaint with it.

Then this discussion is moot isn't it?
might as well buy a Nokia phone from 1999.
There really isn't much of a point to a smart phone if you don't have data available.
Hopefully Pakistan will modernize soon.

Well, if I talk about myself, i have Wifi in my office as well as in home.

After looking many phones (including Iphone 4S), I treated my self with Samsung Galaxy S2. I am very pleased with this phone. Android Gingerbread is awesome :tup:

i have changed the icons / theme of my galaxy s to htc incredible s via launcher pro apk [widget] -- now ive the theme of htc and the super amoiled lcd of samsung , most of the specs of incredibles and galaxys are almost the same

Please share your experiences / applications being used by you on your Iphone / Other smart phones.

I have iphone 4 wiht iOS 5 installed on it.

So far I have found

- Opera mini (browsing internet)

- Magic Jack (for free calls to USA / Canada over wifi)

- Fring (social networking)

I have a google voice number i.e. USA number but I am unable to receive GV calls directly on my iphone.

any suggestions.

I have Iphone 4 with ios 5 installed.. waiting for untether JB... redsnow is not worked for me.

My experience: awsome..it is my first touch phone... so u can understand.

Fav Apps: Echofon for twitter
NSE Mobile for trading....
Google Places (awsome app if u travell alot).. last month when I was in Amritsar... Google app given me Pizzahut number of lahore
Zipfileviewer
Angry birds.

Thanks for opening this thread.

Regards,

Sputnik

I have Iphone 4 with ios 5 installed.. waiting for untether JB... redsnow is not worked for me.

My experience: awsome..it is my first touch phone... so u can understand.

Fav Apps: Echofon for twitter
NSE Mobile for trading....
Google Places (awsome app if u travell alot).. last month when I was in Amritsar... Google app given me Pizzahut number of lahore
Zipfileviewer
Angry birds.

Thanks for opening this thread.

Regards,

Sputnik

I use Zipbrowser, USB Disk, iFlashdrive to store files such as excel, word, pdf etc.

other utilties i have are Speed Test, Convert Units, Spy Cams (Fun, shows you million of real time cams from all over the world),
Lookout (although iCloud is better replacement to backup contacts/mails/etc.).

Pandora Box is another excellent application, which give you alert about paid applications are offered for discount and sometimes free.

iPhone 3G user here.

Apps i have used and are awesome:

Sygic Pakistan - Pakistan Map app (has an amazing number of POI)

Tiny tower - Addictive game. Build a tower with floors for residents and shops.

Cambridge advanced dictionary - the name says it all

Tomes - for pdf/doc/txt reading

Air Hockey - the name says it all

Air guitar - a good novelty app!

air/bloom/trope - ambient music apps by Brian Eno. Touch the screen to make music

Brushes - awesome paint app. has support for layers

Camera+ - add cool effects to your pics

Civilization revolution - civilization on your iPhone!!!

convertbot - converting app (miles to km, currency, etc)

the settlers - a game like black and white

the express tribune - tribune.com.pk's official news app

finger physics

flight control

fruit ninja

Game dev story - very addictive app

ibomber - awesome tower defense app

goodreader- pdf/txt/doc/etc reader

stanza - epub/pdf/mobi/etc reader

guitarstudio/ishred - both apps are guitar apps

I Am T-Pain - makes you sound like T-Pain when you sing

iForce - the most awesome magic trick app for the iPhone...you have to check it out...drove my friends crazy trying to figure it out

igunpro - realistic gun effects

NFSU/NFS:hot pursuit

Paper Toss

Pianist

Plants vs Zombies

Quickoffice Pro - for editing/reading/writing word/ppt/excel documents

real racing

worms

zen wars

tower bloxx

and many others i don't remember.

Use sygic.. in conjunction with my Pioneer LCd in my car.. it has an app mode.. the result is instant Navigation for my car.

Back
Top Bottom