What's new

Smart phones | Selection advice, New releases, Concepts

1. Don't go for Nokia....yet. The N9 isn't out yet, symbian sucks balls, and Nokia's WP7 phones aren't out yet.

2. Don't go for Blackberry...outdated .

3. Go for Samsung Galaxy SII (Dual core phone) (less than 60k), Samsung Galaxy S (Can get it for less than 35k) or iPhone 4 (Less than 50k for factory unlocked) or wait for iPhone 5.

If you like tinkering around with your phone, the Android OS is the best for you. iOS is the best if you want relative simplicity/seamless functionality. Loads of apps and multimedia functions are available in both.

As for WP7, the reason i didn't list any is because all of them are outdated in specs...wait a few months for nokia WP7 phones. Out of all the mobile OS's, WP7 is the most interesting IMHO.

If u could wait for 2-3 months .
Go for Windows phone 7 OS of Nokia .

Great Hardware coupled with great software .
Windows phone 7 has one of the best User Interface .

Or else go for Iphone 4 . Again gr8 OS and easy to use .
I dont like Android phones .

If u r getting Android phone , plz dont get HTC phones . They have shitty battery life . My Brother's HTC HD7 battery used to last for only 5 hours

as someone quoted in previous posts have a check upon LG optimus 2x its an android phone with dual core processor, amazingly fast. not that expensive, and android beats apple hands down any time any day. iphones are overpriced products. and don't even think of Nokia cause symbian is a medieval software.
. as of now LG optimus 2x is a happening thing.

Whats the price of samsung Galaxy s 19000 in pakistan ? Price of Samsung galaxy in decent condition(2 or three month old) is between 220 to 300 pounds(aprox 35000 rupees) while brand new is 40000

But trust me if you have samsung Galaxy S you dont need laptop..This phones support all videos format..good screen size and weight only 119g..better battery life than iphone.. You can views and edit office documents words, excel, power point etc. You can download songs straight from website. You can watch all flash videos contents on different website including bbc i player and there is option of AP where you can use your phone as internet wirless router to connect other wireless enables devices..Super AMOLED touch is also great with support of multi touch and there are so many other good things about this phone

I rarely use the video / music function of my mobile. What I need is the 'email' (3 email account) with real time updating, with attachments, editing etc. plus the documents viewing i.e. PDF, Word, Excel. and Of course the internet as well. Qwerty Keyboard is bless for all these works.

S.M.R buy any phone that fits into your life style...
For eg. I have small devil nephews, throwing expensive mobile phone is a joke for them...few months ago my 3yr old nephew threw my Nokia5800 at me with a close call 'chaachoo catch'...we were at least 15 feet apart, it was impossible to save it from hitting ground:(...even after landing horribly on cemented roof, its still working fine without any issues.

if you have 15-20000 cash i would recommend any Android based set, S557 is good with 17K price tag.
Another reason i like Android platform is that they have good wifi detection algorithm, unlike Symbian S60V5 which has lots of issues during wifi connection.

If your range is above 45K, then Galaxy S9000 is good option!

Galaxy S9000

samsung_galaxy_s_android_500.jpg

and S557

Samsung-Galaxy-Mini-S5570-specs.jpg

I used HTC desire but battery got drained quickly and also it did not support Xvid/Vidx which is important for me as i have movies in .avi formats..also no on can beat the super AMOLOED display..

You can always flash CUSTOM ROM .. :P

I rarely use the video / music function of my mobile. What I need is the 'email' (3 email account) with real time updating, with attachments, editing etc. plus the documents viewing i.e. PDF, Word, Excel. and Of course the internet as well. Qwerty Keyboard is bless for all these works.

You can easily do all these things with Galaxy s. I even use this phone as scanner and scan documents and send it as PDF by email. I have got 5 email accounts at one place. For me this keyboard is much faster than qwerty keyboard

Samsung_Galaxy_S_36-420-90.jpg

sony-ericsson-xperia-x12-arc%20%20silver.jpg

Sony Ericsson Xperica Arc

Got this from work. I prefer this over the HTC desire HD I have. Not a bad phone

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffffooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Buy an iPhone 4. Its great :)

Currently I am using Nokia E-90 (with blackberry activated on it). I have three email addresses.

I have no idea of IPhone, planning to buy one. Will I be able to use blackberry service on it? I mean I have three email addresses, which I must use on my phone.

Please suggest a phone for me.

Samsung galaxy S II

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffffooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Buy an iPhone 4. Its great :)

But someone said it is very sensitive, keeping in view my kids. they gonna ruin it in few days.

i switched from apple to samsung that was a big bluder never ever go for samsungs

why? what were reasons?

if u have been an aple user or other nokia touch screen samsung simply sucks ... not user friendly at all , they are copying apple products ... nothing of their own , i read some where apple took legal action against samsung for doing this ! regret not thinking about it now i have live with this misery untill next year will go for black berry as apple 4 working out to expensive

Back
Top Bottom