What's new

Sino-Pak Friendship 2010 Joint Military Exercise

Camera-time. I meant that they're commanders seem to be camera shy, that's all.

Well i go on Chinese forums a lot and it is full of videos showing thier military commanders, from junior rank to senior rank giving interviews and other stuff going on in those documentaries, which i believe clearly tells they are not camera shy, but in this case, it may seem that as these pictures are from Chinese sources, thus they are emphasizing more on the Pakistani contingent commanders, rather then their owns.

Do go on Chinese defence forums, you will see a lot of stuff about their military, on-going exercises and interviews from their commanders, they give a lot of coverage to their military and men in uniform.

It seems this shyness is being shown only here by their media as they are concentrating on the visitors/guests.

By the way that is what i had first thought initially that their own videos and pictures are full of their officers, then why not here.

Well i go on Chinese forums a lot and it is full of videos showing thier military commanders, from junior rank to senior rank giving interviews and other stuff going on in those documentaries, which i believe clearly tells they are not camera shy, but in this case, it may seem that as these pictures are from Chinese sources, thus they are emphasizing more on the Pakistani contingent commanders, rather then their owns.

Do go on Chinese defence forums, you will see a lot of stuff about their military, on-going exercises and interviews from their commanders, they give a lot of coverage to their military and men in uniform.

It seems this shyness is being shown only here by their media as they are concentrating on the visitors/guests.

By the way that is what i had first thought initially that their own videos and pictures are full of their officers, then why not here.

Well I've been to their forums, not very often though.

The overall issue I seem to have is that they are a far more equitable society with far less arrogance in them. Our colonial past and our social structure combine to create a society where the distribution of power is considered to be an unholy thing (just like devolution of federation). Our focus has always been on glitz and galmour of the officer cadre, whether it be the bureaucracy or the armed forces.

This plays out in our coverage of the entire society. Look at the people who sacrifice their lives for the nation. We're so inhumane that it's almost always (or always), "security man died", "5 security man killed", "3 FC men killed", etc. No names, no remembrance unless it's an officer. Look at the Americans. I know they loose far less number of soldier than us, but they cover their forces wildly. Soldiers are given huge televised remembrances. They try to glorify their heroes equitably unlike us. The British, the French all do the same.

Take the military dramas (we've had nearly a dozen televised serials). All of them almost exclusively deal with glitz and glamour. The charming officer, his fancy soon to be brides, the cars and the fancy locations. Of course there's the bravery factor with a mock battle or two involved there but see the military films across the globe and you'll notice that it's mostly focused on the soldiers and the soldiers get character development rather than acting like duds who get orders or are comedy relief. Officer focused war dramas are a rarity. Do you get my point? (I except you to be wise enough not to use exceptions in order to nullify a generalization and try to understand my point here)

You might want to say that the state covers their family expenses later, widows and children are given support but that does not equate the fact that we do not have that social culture where we value our down trodden ones.

I'm not saying it's a problem associated exclusively with our armed forces, it's our society's problem. We always try to hide our highly inequitable society. We focus on the becoming-rich and new aristocracy mostly, sometimes on the uber-rich and occasionally do we focus on the poor. Our debates are the same where the poor and their problems don't deserve a mention. The drama about the factory owner, the educated wadera vs the traditional wader and so on. Occasionally there is the rare one, but exceptions do not negate a generalization.

Well I've been to their forums, not very often though.

The overall issue I seem to have is that they are a far more equitable society with far less arrogance in them. Our colonial past and our social structure combine to create a society where the distribution of power is considered to be an unholy thing (just like devolution of federation). Our focus has always been on glitz and galmour of the officer cadre, whether it be the bureaucracy or the armed forces.

This plays out in our coverage of the entire society. Look at the people who sacrifice their lives for the nation. We're so inhumane that it's almost always (or always), "security man died", "5 security man killed", "3 FC men killed", etc. No names, no remembrance unless it's an officer. Look at the Americans. I know they loose far less number of soldier than us, but they cover their forces wildly. Soldiers are given huge televised remembrances. They try to glorify their heroes equitably unlike us. The British, the French all do the same.

Take the military dramas (we've had nearly a dozen televised serials). All of them almost exclusively deal with glitz and glamour. The charming officer, his fancy soon to be brides, the cars and the fancy locations. Of course there's the bravery factor with a mock battle or two involved there but see the military films across the globe and you'll notice that it's mostly focused on the soldiers and the soldiers get character development rather than acting like duds who get orders or are comedy relief. Officer focused war dramas are a rarity. Do you get my point? (I except you to be wise enough not to use exceptions in order to nullify a generalization and try to understand my point here)

You might want to say that the state covers their family expenses later, widows and children are given support but that does not equate the fact that we do not have that social culture where we value our down trodden ones.

I'm not saying it's a problem associated exclusively with our armed forces, it's our society's problem. We always try to hide our highly inequitable society. We focus on the becoming-rich and new aristocracy mostly, sometimes on the uber-rich and occasionally do we focus on the poor. Our debates are the same where the poor and their problems don't deserve a mention. The drama about the factory owner, the educated wadera vs the traditional wader and so on. Occasionally there is the rare one, but exceptions do not negate a generalization.

Well i was talking in context of the exercises and things related to that, not all the other stuff that you have brought in.

My answer was coined around these specific pictures of the exercise and exercises as a whole.

I will not go to the other things you have mentioned as it derails the thread as well as i can understand what is in your mind about the military.

And as for your that names things of not showing, i am not sure how much you watch the TV, but i have seen the clips of the nimaz-e-janaza of soldiers being shown as well as of officers, and many times even the nimaz-e-jinaza of the officers have not even been mentioned, and also many times even not names, just a strip that an officer and this many soldiers died, no names and no videos. So this is not just one sided they way you have portrayed.

Anyway, its totally out of the context of this thread.

Amazing pictures, i am so impressed at both the Chinese and Pakistan professionals. Very impressed indeed, some nice team building going on in one of the pictures i see.

There seems to be an element of marketing here as well, or am I misreading the display and demo of various chinese weapons as routine??

There seems to be an element of marketing here as well, or am I misreading the display and demo of various chinese weapons as routine??

This is normal routine, they show such weapons to other visitors also when such exercises happen.

Showing the weaponry to each other for knowledge purposes.

But some weapons may suit to the SSG guys for special purposes, especially for CQB scenarios.

here watch these pics:
f&

Here in this pic, see behind the sign boards showing the names of Chinese weapons and specifications stuff:

India_China4.jpg

^
I see that indian soliders also wear the Warrant Officer's rank on the wrist. British Traditions die hard.

:)

Back
Top Bottom