What's new

Sino-Pak Friendship 2010 Joint Military Exercise

I don't disagree, but a young person does bring to the table speed and agility, but I guess its arguable if that is nearly as important as experience.

It's just interesting to see the differences and this article points them out as well:

China-Pakistan counter-terrorism drill continues CCTV News - CNTV English

Practical training is one of the biggest features of this year's exercise.

That is in a large part thanks to the Pakistani soldiers.

Most of them are in their mid-30s and some are well over 40. Many have over seven years of experience in fighting the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

The average age of their Chinese counterparts is 22. The Chinese soldiers' flexibility, discipline and technical proficiency impressed them greatly.

Captain Sher Khan, Pakistan Army, said, "Our trainings don't have that much skills involved. We don't have the speed that you are having. Our training is more operation-oriented. The soldiers were at the battlefield and they are coming right from the battlefield."

Our troops in the SSG range from 20s to 40s. The Chinese typically have troops of conscription age thus they are younger and mostly from the age group of 20-22.

We have to train the troops in roles that we foresee in a conflict. While calisthenics are important for increasing reaction time, close in combat (hand to hand etc.), special operations, and those too involving counter insurgency are very different things.

I think traditional Chinese flexibility, good work ethic and discipline is definitely something that we would benefit from. What we take to them in the form of our real experience in MOUT and FIBUA, Long range recce, mountain warfare, fieldcraft and sniper training would be invaluable without a doubt for our Chinese friends.

529eec6a71242a41fb7891cb1c3ad634.jpg

The Pakistani commando seems to have a lot of load on him as compared to his chinese counterpart. Is it because he is in full combat gear and the chinese one is not?

529eec6a71242a41fb7891cb1c3ad634.jpg

The Pakistani commando seems to have a lot of load on him as compared to his chinese counterpart. Is it because he is in full combat gear and the chinese one is not?

He seems to be holding a radio set in his back pack that's why he seems to be over burdened, see the radio antenna coming under his left arm.

He seems to be holding a radio set in his back pack that's why he seems to be over burdened, see the radio antenna coming under his left arm.

It's not a raidwa, probably a backpack/rucksack - the usual load.

The antenna is from the hand-held set. Zoom in the pic and you would see the set tucked in around his waist height.

The SSG commando is also wearing body armor. This soldier might have been used to show the chinese our SSG's typical configuration for counter terror ops.

An officer in one of the videos mentioned to the reporters that this is the typical load and configuration for anti-terror ops.

It's not a raidwa, probably a backpack/rucksack - the usual load.

The antenna is from the hand-held set. Zoom in the pic and you would see the set tucked in around his waist height.

Yes correct. The Tactical radio (Harris III) goes on the belt with an extended antenna.

The Rucksack is a standard issue for the SSG.

The Harris manpacks (bigger tactical radios) are different and do not look anything like the rucksack that this operator is wearing.

The SSG commando is also wearing body armor. This soldier might have been used to show the chinese our SSG's typical configuration for counter terror ops.

An officer in one of the videos mentioned to the reporters that this is the typical load and configuration for anti-terror ops.

I believe he is not wearing body armour, rather a Load Bearing Vest (LBV). Typically when SSG formations are deployed to the field, at times each jawan/officer could be carrying in excess of 100lbs of equipment.

He is. Please see here.Its black in colour and a person can barely see the space for SAPI plates .Besides the officer also pointed it out in one of the videos:

P201007041154573205651718.jpg

The same soldier is standing besides the chinese soldier who is in ghillie suit.

127821438128.jpg

GOD bless both our nations .. and our armed forces :)

Yes correct. The Tactical radio (Harris III) goes on the belt with an extended antenna.

The Rucksack is a standard issue for the SSG.

The Harris manpacks (bigger tactical radios) are different and do not look anything like the rucksack that this operator is wearing.

The more i resist posting nomenclatures the more difficult it gets. :)

Anywaz, are you sure it's something of the likes of PRC-152?

And as for the rucksack, well it's obvious that it is not (any) manpack radio.

He is. Please see here.Its black in colour and a person can barely see the space for SAPI plates .Besides the officer also pointed it out in one of the videos:

P201007041154573205651718.jpg

The same soldier is standing besides the chinese soldier who is in ghillie suit.

127821438128.jpg

You are right. I could not see it in the previous picture. :tup:

The more i resist posting nomenclatures the more difficult it gets. :)

Anywaz, are you sure it's something of the likes of PRC-152?

And as for the rucksack, well it's obvious that it is not (any) manpack radio.

You are right. Harris Falcon IIIs are the same thing as PRC-152s as far as I can recollect.

The radio set manpack point was in reference to Taimi's post. The manpack really is too big to be carried inside of a rucksack.

Back
Top Bottom