What's new

Singh to visit Pakistan in March

Mate I don't expect a lot if anything to be officially signed.. However that doesn't mean he shouldn't go.. These visits even if it's a farewell visit does plant some ground work.
on moral ground he must visit,i agree ....because Mr Sarif has invited him with open arms in many occasion openly in media ...........without any hesitation ,Mr Sarif is putting his best effort ............................

but you remember my word things is gonna to turn more violent............because in one hand % people are in favor of dialog......than another hand % of people will put their best effort to spoil it ........it is brutal fact

No and yes Levina behn ji,

no and yes

Look we just bought bunch of industry stuff from India because it was cheaper and customer support was mighty quick

However MFNs between two countires with similar labor rate are too much noise but no real benefit.

Same thing like playing cricket.
Which industry were you talking abiut chemical or the automobile /heavy equipments industry???
Because as far as I know India wants to invest in the pharma sector...automobile and agricultural sector in Pak.

FaujiHistorian said:
Didn't expect you of all people to raise these negative points.

peace
Negative points???? Nooooo:hitwall:
I have been arguing with @Armstrong on MFN from last 2 days on this.I have seen India-Pak economical relations going kaput every time there's some disturbance on the borders.
While I think in this regard we must learn a lesson or two from Japan and China...who despite locking horns recently have not curbed their trade relations.
No we don't ! :bunny:
Yes you do. :)

Armstrong said:
Free Trade has to be 'free' for any benefit to be accrued to anyone ! o_O

Besides if this is an exercise into Confidence Building - You guys are not budging on any of your maximilist positions for there to be any movement on the issues that concern us - Siachin, Kashmir, Sir Creek, your meddling in Baluchistan & Cross-Border-Terrorism from Pakistani territory !
You know what? SAFTA can be a bigger economic block than ASEAN.
And yes India is notorious for its over-burdensome regulations, a legacy of the era of Nehruvian policies....so Pak is no exception..Btw this might be mellowed after congress epoch ends

Armstrong said:
I'm not a 40 year old like yourself; I don't know when was the last time one of your PMs or Presidents visited Pakistan ! :P

!
Last when our PM visited Pak in 1999 i was still in school .....you XXXL size hippo.:p:

India bashing is the favorite pastime in Pakistan. Like what's going to unfold on this thread pretty soon!!

Its more like the other way round. Just take the example of media from both sides and i can give many others and maybe it will help take off the mask you are currently wearing.

on moral ground he must visit,i agree ....because Mr Sarif has invited him with open arms in many occasion openly in media ...........without any hesitation ,Mr Sarif is putting his best effort ............................

but you remember my word things is gonna to turn more violent............because in one hand % people are in favor of dialog......than another hand % of people will put their best effort to spoil it ........it is brutal fact

That's why you let the people favoring dialogue win.

Anyway.. It's midnight here.. Peace.

Bolta nahi hain, lakin punjabi Pind dekh jai ga or kya.

Wants to visit his roots. ^^

Ok g, anay do --- es bahanay showbaz sharif thori bohat development karwa day ga os village main.

Arr

Are bina bole to usne 10 sal raz kiya socho ager bolta to kya nahi kerta

Bolta tu 1 saal mai hi chhutti ho jaani thi

AG what ? What the heck does that acronym stand for ?
AGPL stands for Actual Ground Position Line, the current position that divides Indian and Pakistani troops in the Siachen Glacier region.

Your PA has refused to authenticate the line and that is the problem. They claim that the whole of Siachen, including J&K belongs to Pakistan and therefore there is no question of authenticating the present AGPL!!! Pakistan wants the line to be drawn East to connect the Karakoram Pass so that they can link up with the Chinese.

And that my friend, will never be allowed! Period!

Expound on that a bit more, if you will !(Sir Creek)
In a nutshell, the dispute lies in the interpretation of the maritime boundary line between Kutch and Sindh. Pakistan lays claim to the entire creek. India sticks to its position that the boundary lies mid-channel as depicted in a map drawn in 1925, and implemented by the installation of mid-channel pillars back in 1924.

India supports its stance by citing the Thalweg Doctrine in International Law. The law states that river boundaries between two states may be, if the two states agree, divided by the mid-channel. Though Pakistan does not dispute the 1925 map, it maintains that the Doctrine is not applicable in this case as it only applies to bodies of water that are navigable, which the Sir Creek is not. India rejects the Pakistani stance by maintaining the fact that the creek is navigable in high tide, and that fishing trawlers use it to go out to sea.

So what's the big deal? Though the creek has little military value, it holds immense economic gain. Much of the region is rich in oil and gas below the sea bed, and control over the creek would have a huge bearing on the energy potential of each nation. And that is the crux of the issue. Economics!

So Cross-Border-Terrorism is a two way street; lets talk about it !
The difference is that Pakistan has not provided an iota of evidence of Indian involvement to this day.

If you have something, show it!

here he is born
Manmohan Singh's village in Pakistan gets electricity, courtesy India
424592-gahmanmohansinghafp-1345525022-722-640x480.jpg

n Indian initiative is lighting up Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's birthplace in Pakistan as part of a little publicised project aimed at energy cooperation, including tapping alterative sources of energy, in the subcontinent.

The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) has set up two power micro-grids in Chak 313 village of Pakistan's Sahiwal district as part of the initiative.

TERI chief R. K. Pachauri told mediapersons here that the institute will also provide additional solar water heaters and two desktop computers at Gah village, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's birthplace, in Chakwal district as part of its 'Lighting a Million Lives' campaign, which has provided electricity to over 380,000 households in rural India.

"We are essentially providing technical support to boost energy security in Gah.

"We have connected several houses through smart grids and have set up 51 solar-based domestic lighting systems in the village since 2006.

TERI has also installed 16 solar street lighting systems and and solar heaters in all the three mosques of the village," said Ibrahim Hafiz Rehman, director, social transformation division, TERI.

"Pakistan is currently in the throes of a serious power problem, with many villages deprived of energy," Pachauri said Friday.

He said a series of events over Oct 12-13 in Pakistan designed to boost bilateral ties included "a high-level conference on energy access in Islamabad on Oct 12 and a meeting and briefing with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari."

The events are being organised by TERI in collaboration with Pakistan-based organisations LEAD, Buksh Foundation, and state-run Alternative Energy Development Board (AEDB).

He said though the cost of the projects has been around Rs.100,000, the expenses could not be compared to the goodwill and warmth in Pakistan generated by the projects.

The Pakistan events conclude with a benefit concert on Oct 13 in Lahore, where Indian rock band Euphoria and Pakistani band Junoon will perform.

man1.jpg

light_0810212.jpg

AGPL stands for Actual Ground Position Line, the current position that divides Indian and Pakistani troops in the Siachen Glacier region.

Your PA has refused to authenticate the line and that is the problem. They claim that the whole of Siachen, including J&K belongs to Pakistan and therefore there is no question of authenticating the present AGPL!!! Pakistan wants the line to be drawn East to connect the Karakoram Pass so that they can link up with the Chinese.

And that my friend, will never be allowed! Period!

The AGPL is nothing more than the extrapolation by your side of the LOC to an hitherto unmarked region !

In a nutshell, the dispute lies in the interpretation of the maritime boundary line between Kutch and Sindh. Pakistan lays claim to the entire creek. India sticks to its position that the boundary lies mid-channel as depicted in a map drawn in 1925, and implemented by the installation of mid-channel pillars back in 1924.

India supports its stance by citing the Thalweg Doctrine in International Law. The law states that river boundaries between two states may be, if the two states agree, divided by the mid-channel. Though Pakistan does not dispute the 1925 map, it maintains that the Doctrine is not applicable in this case as it only applies to bodies of water that are navigable, which the Sir Creek is not. India rejects the Pakistani stance by maintaining the fact that the creek is navigable in high tide, and that fishing trawlers use it to go out to sea.

So what's the big deal? Though the creek has little military value, it holds immense economic gain. Much of the region is rich in oil and gas below the sea bed, and control over the creek would have a huge bearing on the energy potential of each nation. And that is the crux of the issue. Economics!

Lets go before an International Body to accept that just as we did in the Rann of Kutch affair - What do you fear if you think you're in the right ?

The difference is that Pakistan has not provided an iota of evidence of Indian involvement to this day.
If you have something, show it!

And I presume India has provided evidence of Pakistan's involvement in Kashmir ?

Or does it leverage its view point through a media frenzy instead ?

If you think that your boys are going to leave a Visiting Card of RAW's station chief at the scene of every crime then you underestimate your own Intelligence Agencies !

And I presume India has provided evidence of Pakistan's involvement in Kashmir ?

Or does it leverage its view point through a media frenzy instead ?

If you think that your boys are going to leave a Visiting Card of RAW's station chief at the scene of every crime then you underestimate your own Intelligence Agencies !
Oh, so you wanna go back to the early 90s? Or to the LeT/JeM yahoos that your ISI has raised and funded specifically for spreading terror in Kashmir? The whole wide world knows it, but you don't?

C'mon man, you want to still deny what your own erstwhile chief had himself admitted to his American counterpart, that these militant groups are his 'Strategic Assets'? :P

Oh, so you wanna go back to the early 90s? Or to the LeT/JeM yahoos that your ISI has raised and funded specifically for spreading terror in Kashmir? The whole wide world knows it, but you don't?

C'mon man, you want to still deny what your own erstwhile chief had himself admitted to his American counterpart, that these militant groups are his 'Strategic Assets'? :P

I hope you won't furnish an 'article' as evidence to substantiate that !

He is a weak prime minister heading a lame duck govt....So don't get your hopes high folks.

he will be a lame duck PM (election bound govt) and cant really sign anything significant. It is a personal goodwill visit as @levina pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom