What's new

Sikhs were massacred in 1984 even in Indian President Pratibha Patil’s cons

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/62205-lahore-sikhs-denied-right-to-observe-shaheedi-divas-of-bhai-taru-singh-ji/

This only happened few months back in Pakistan but people wanna talk about 1984 still :disagree:

Sikh community in Lahore prevented from celebrating festival

Islamabad The Sikh community in the eastern city of Lahore has been barred from organising a religious celebration at a disputed gurdwara after a religious group persuaded authorities that celebrating the Muslim holy day of 'Shab-e-Barat' is more important than the Sikh festival.
The musical equipment of the Sikhs was thrown out and their entry to the gurdwara barred due to the efforts of the Dawat-e-Islami, a Barelvi proselytising group, The Express Tribune newspaper reported today.

Police were deployed outside the gurdwara to prevent Sikhs from conducting a religious ceremony until after the end of Shab-e-Barat, which falls tomorrow.

The Sikh community wanted to commemorate an eighteenth-century saint at the gurdwara on Friday.

This only happened few months back in Pakistan but people wanna talk about 1984 still

Is there any other sources? It would have been explosive in our media...

It was in many papers including Dawn

Human Rights Commission of Pakistan

HRCP slams barring of Sikhs from temple

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) has noted with concern barring of Sikhs from a gurdwara in Lahore

Ok it has not led to violence, which is good news. I'm sure there will be a solution to the problem as both religions find this place holy, and they said that the Sikhs were only barred from Gurdwara while bringing musical instruments rather than altogether.

Ok it has not led to violence, which is good news. I'm sure there will be a solution to the problem as both religions find this place holy, and they said that the Sikhs were only barred from Gurdwara while bringing musical instruments rather than altogether.

That group is a extremist Barelvi one

HRCP said: “While extremist elements’ barring religious minorities from their worship places in Pakistan no longer surprises anyone, but the Evacuee Trust Property Board’s decision to deny Sikhs entry into Gurdwara Shaheed Bhai Taru Singh in Lahore on the eve of Shab-e-Barat(July 18) is scandalous.”

It was always a Gurdwara this was just a ploy aganist minority rights

HRCP said: “While extremist elements’ barring religious minorities from their worship places in Pakistan no longer surprises anyone, but the Evacuee Trust Property Board’s decision to deny Sikhs entry into Gurdwara Shaheed Bhai Taru Singh in Lahore on the eve of Shab-e-Barat(July 18) is scandalous.”

It was always a Gurdwara this was just a ploy aganist minority rights

Whose ploy was it?

Whose ploy was it?

Four years ago, the Dawat-e-Islami claimed the gurdwara was located on the site of the grave of a 15th century Muslim saint, Pir Shah Kaku.

Gurunanak Mission president Sardar Bishon Singh said the ETPB's decision to bar Sikhs from entering their shrine was against the constitution.

He said that he approached the ETPB but was told to wait until after Shab-e-Barat.

"How can we postpone the rituals of our faith," he asked, adding that the government was not paying attention to their cause.

Singh appealed to Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Chaudhry to take suo moto action over the violation of rights of minorities in Pakistan.

there is only one minority in India..that is MUSLIMS

In terms of persecution , yes ...
aah...give me a break :bad: ....20 crore people make a minority? :lol: ..yes but when it comes to play the victim..u just flash the minority card...

there is only one minority in India..that is MUSLIMS
Minority should be based on state not based on whole country.
Which means, muslims,christians,sikhs are minority in many states, but also hindus are minority in some states. They should get special protection and rights like their muslim counterparts in other states.
Ours is a federal structure, minority rights for muslims in J&K or christians in Nagaland makes no sense.

As a Sikh living in the UK I am exposed to the propaganda supporting the Khalistani movement and Bhindawala- I reject this completely. Every religion has its bad eggs. However I am torn and dismayed by the overwhelming use of force used at Sikhism's holiest shrine and the sheer number of blunders that took place on behalf of the GoI that led to the siege in the first place. However what really troubles me, and I am sure many many Sikhs, is the utter lack of justice for the atrocities of 1984 riots. The fact that many of those responsible for these crimes are still serving members of govt is beyond contempt. I feel if there was justice for these hanous crimes then this could go along way to resolving many greivences many Sikhs still feel. Similarly if justice was brought for Muslims for the Gujarat riots this would also help issues and give less for ignorant fools to preach about.

I don't believe many in secular India should have any quiams with this as attaining justice is a hallmark of a free democracy and whether you are Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Jain etc you would whole heartedly support this. Especially as most of us know such acts were not to do with religion but dirty, dirty politics and tribalism- scum politicians taking advantage of ignorant people for their own evil gains.

As a Sikh living in the UK I am exposed to the propaganda supporting the Khalistani movement and Bhindawala- I reject this completely. Every religion has its bad eggs. However I am torn and dismayed by the overwhelming use of force used at Sikhism's holiest shrine and the sheer number of blunders that took place on behalf of the GoI that led to the siege in the first place. However what really troubles me, and I am sure many many Sikhs, is the utter lack of justice for the atrocities of 1984 riots. The fact that many of those responsible for these crimes are still serving members of govt is beyond contempt. I feel if there was justice for these hanous crimes then this could go along way to resolving many greivences many Sikhs still feel. Similarly if justice was brought for Muslims for the Gujarat riots this would also help issues and give less for ignorant fools to preach about.

I don't believe many in secular India should have any quiams with this as attaining justice is a hallmark of a free democracy and whether you are Hindu, Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Jain etc you would whole heartedly support this. Especially as most of us know such acts were not to do with religion but dirty, dirty politics and tribalism- scum politicians taking advantage of ignorant people for their own evil gains.

Fair point but right now we living under the congress rule who were the main culprits behind 84 riots so they will cover their backs to make sure justice is not given.

Hindus have used and abused Sikhs i must say this because it is true we sacrifice ourselves for the nation and we are repaid with the barbaric attack on our holiest shrine and the genocide of our people in the nations capital.
mate pls read history then talk here...
what happened it was really wrong...but you can't label whole community...

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

dont try to fight with sikhs other indians its because of us you are still what you are. i always think of myself as indian but dont make me support khalistan movement. and believe me if indian was majority sikh nation it would been a better nation.
hmmm ok....pls read mate what was the reason behind...it was wrong wt happened in past

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom