What's new

Sikhs threaten agitation if security not provided

Status
Not open for further replies.
food_expenditures_and_malnutrition.png

Here was the proportion of Pakistanis who were malnourished in 2008 compared to Indians. Those were Musharraf years when Pakistani economy was booming. It has been downhill since then in Pakistan right? With 14 hour load shedding much of your industries closed and there is massive unemployment there right? Now things also got bad in India with food inflation but still the situation is not as bad as in Pakistan, so I will take the data you posted with a pinch of salt.

The map i posted is from this year report and official UN. Only Sri Lanka have less poverty then Pakistan in South Asia, check latest World Bank report.

I only take World Bank and UN reports seriously not any 3rd rate agency who have no idea about our part of the world.

LOL, they seem very happy.

ha ha nice joke

sikhs in pakistan should simply seek asylum from india , we would be more than happy to help them .

we have just been fair , a sikh in india can do all those things which he can only dream of doing in pakistan .

Yea, after killing thousands of Sikhs and damaging their holy place, India seems to be a beacon of peace.

The map i posted is from this year report and official UN. Only Sri Lanka have less poverty then Pakistan in South Asia, check latest World Bank report.

I only take World Bank and UN reports seriously not any 3rd rate agency who have no idea of our part of the world.

I am sorry, those are rather unscientific data with many many loopholes in them.

I am sorry, those are rather unscientific data with many many loopholes in them.

The image you posted indeed are not trust worthy, only UN and World Bank should be taken seriously. And Pakistanis are well build generally compared to Indians which is only possible with extra food. Pakistanis on per capita basis eat 6-7 times more meat then Indians.

And meat is not cheap unlike vegetables.

Yea, after killing thousands of Sikhs and damaging their holy place, India seems to be a beacon of peace.
by your logic, given the number of Muslims killed in Pakistan by Pakistani govt in multiple COIN operations plus the Lal Masjid drama, Pakistan is the worst place for a Muslim. Isnt it?

The image you posted indeed are not trust worthy, only UN and World Bank should be taken seriously. And Pakistanis are well build generally compared to Indians which is only possible with extra food. Pakistanis on per capita basis eat 6-7 times more meat then Indians.

And meat is not cheap unlike vegetables.

Pakistanis eat more meat because they are Muslims. Indian per capita consumption of meat is less because 50% of the population is vegetarian and eat a lot of fruits and vegetable which are infinitely more healthy. Meat is also cheaper in India, particularly beef at Rs. 180 per Kg, but people do not want it. Only Muslims, Christians, and some atheist Hindus eat it. Onions in India were selling at Rs. 80 to Rs. 100 per kg. So vegetables and fruits are much much more expensive than meat. Those Hindus who do eat meat also eat less meat because it is generally not looked upon as healthy food.

Now, I do not know if Pakistanis are taller than Indians in general. There are lot of very tall Indians too. Genetically, the Pushtuns are taller compared to some other people in the subcontinent. Nothing to do with food habits.

LOL, they seem very happy.

not a beacon of peace but i must say we are miles ahead of you guys in treating our minorities .

Now, I do not know if Pakistanis are taller than Indians in general. There are lot of very tall Indians too. Genetically, the Pushtuns are taller compared to some other people in the subcontinent. Nothing to do with food habits.

:girl_wacko:

Indian jatt sikhs are taller right? You should expect Pakistanis to be inch taller then even sikhs in that case. Usually Hindus eat meat once they can afford it regularly. Bengalis are also muslims but their per capita consuption of meat is similar to Indians. I have seen Indians in west not even sparing dog meat.

Pakistanis eat more meat because they are Muslims. Indian per capita consumption of meat is less because 50% of the population is vegetarian and eat a lot of fruits and vegetable which are infinitely more healthy. Meat is also cheaper in India, particularly beef at Rs. 180 per Kg, but people do not want it. Only Muslims, Christians, and some atheist Hindus eat it. Onions in India were selling at Rs. 80 to Rs. 100 per kg. So vegetables and fruits are much much more expensive than meat. Those Hindus who do eat meat also eat less meat because it is generally not looked upon as healthy food.

Both India and Pak have Childhood malnutrition >40%... so whats there to compare between 2 hells ?

Both India and Pak have Childhood malnutrition >40%... so whats there to compare between 2 hells ?

I doubt the data figures provided by India. IMHO it is just like the AIDS data they had given to UN a few years ago which was found to be hyperbole and fake.

:girl_wacko:

Indian jatt sikhs are taller right? You should expect Pakistanis to be inch taller then even sikhs in that case. Usually Hindus eat meat once they can afford it regularly. Bengalis are also muslims but their per capita consuption of meat is similar to Indians. I have seen Indians in west not even sparing dog meat.

I see no evidence of Pakistanis being taller than our Sikhs. No Hindus do not start eating meat if they can afford it. As I already stated a meal of beef in India is much cheaper than a meal of vegetables and fruits. Also the richest people in India are Jains who are strictly vegetarian. Bengalis eat a lot of fish in comparison to fowl and meat I presume.

Also I would not call India a hell. To be in hell you need to be in ME right now.

Last edited:
I doubt the data figures provided by India. IMHO it is just like the AIDS data they had given to UN a few years ago which was found to be hyperbole and fake.

I see no evidence of Pakistanis being taller than our Sikhs. No Hindus do not start eating meat if they can afford it. As I already stated a meal of beef in India is much cheaper than a meal of vegetables and fruits. Also the richest people in India are Jains who are strictly vegetarian. Bengalis eat a lot of fish in comparison to fowl and meat I presume.

Do you see any evidence of sikhs being taller then other Indians? I wonder why every Indian i see is shorter then me and i am just 5'11 which is average height anyway. Jains are small minorty of people, like parsis.

Do you see any evidence of sikhs being taller then other Indians? I wonder why every Indian i see is shorter then me and i am just 5'11 which is average height anyway. Jains are small minorty of people, like parsis.

Sikhs in general are tall people, but I see many others too very tall given the number of 6 and 6+ feet tall guys one sees nowadays. I just gave Jains as an example. Hindus who traditionally do not eat meat do not eat meat even if they grow rich just like the Jains. For eg. Lakshmi Mittal is one of the richest guy in UK, he is still a vegetarian. So being rich has nothing to do with meat eating in India. Yes, a case can be made that those who are traditionally meat eaters can up their consumption of meat when their income levels increase.

Sikhs in general are tall people, but I see many others too very tall given the number of 6 and 6+ feet tall guys one sees nowadays. I just gave Jains as an example. Hindus who traditionally do not eat meat do not eat meat even if they grow rich just like the Jains. For eg. Lakshmi Mittal is one of the richest guy in UK, he is still a vegetarian. So being rich has nothing to do with meat eating in India. Yes, a case can be made that those who are traditionally meat eaters can up their consumption of meat when their income levels increase.

You are giving exemple of one case here and there. The only Indians who on average are as tall as us are sikhs and they make 1% of Indian population. Average hindu is only meat eater as long as he can't afford regularly. I don't blame hinuds because fish & chicken is very good for health.

You are giving exemple of one case here and there. The only Indians who on average are as tall as us are sikhs and they make 1% of Indian population. Average hindu is only meat eater as long as he can't afford regularly. I don't blame hinuds because fish & chicken is very good for health.

All the examples given by me can be considered as case studies of the general behavior of Indian people and vegetarians in general. That is how studies are done. No one can go and ask all the 1.2 billion people about their food habits. Also from what I know of Pakistanis, majority cannot afford meat and so most often only eat daal and aloo and more daal and aloo. So even the higher average consumption of meat in Pakistanis is only because the wealthier sections of Pakistani population are more carnivorous.

@Indrani You are getting into futile discussion. My two cents, baki tussi mere toh sayane ho...:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom