What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
b

beware @DRAY , dont advice them something unless u want them NOT to follow it. they will change their decisions simply bcoz its also being reiterated by an indian fellow.
on a more serious note thoh, i share the culture of my bangladeshi brethren more than my ghoti (WB , south of ganga) frens (i m a bangal). and it pains me to see they are so adamant to drastically change their culture. i always believed that whatever religion these ppl (bengali ppl....west or east) practice, they shall never let go of their cultural identity. guess i was wrong.

Me too a bangal :-)

Me too a bangal :-)
arey bhai....aamraar mon er kotha keo bujhenaa.:cheesy::cheesy:
our family moved from mymensingh in the 30s, but we still talk the same way, same customs of the erstwhile years.

our family moved from mymensingh in the 30s, but we still talk the same way, same customs of the erstwhile years.

Amader shikor Barishal e, Noyakhali teo bari chilo, aar mayer dik theke Khulna, sob e gechhe. :) Kintu desh jakhon bhag hoyechhei, bhasha ebong sanskriti o bhag hok, pichhutan rekhe dukkho peye ki labh?

That's evilest Yindoo name, Taimurid people should get rid of such evil Yindoo names. :pissed::pissed:
bwahahahahhahahaha.....btw now i realize where are kalu mia, munshi bhai n co. ???

Amader shikor Barishal e, Noyakhali teo bari chilo, aar mayer dik theke Khulna, sob e gechhe. :) Kintu desh jakhon bhag hoyechhei, bhasha ebong sanskriti o bhag hok, pichhutan rekhe dukkho peye ki labh?
aasha bondhu aasha.....

aasha bondhu aasha.....

Aasha rekhe aar labh nei, ora aar firchhe na, oder charamponthi dolguloi konorakam aapos hote debena, aar naramponthider e byapare khub ekta jor nei, thakle ebhabe khunokhuni kore deshbhagtai to hoto na.

Just like Hindi uses Devnagari and Urdu uses Nastaliq, we will keep the name Bangla, you can take some other name like Hind-Bangla or Sanskrit-Bangla:

Hindi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"The dialect upon which Standard Hindi is based is Khariboli, the vernacular of Delhi and the surrounding western Uttar Pradesh and southern Uttarakhand region. This dialect acquired linguistic prestige in the Mughal Empire (17th century) and became known as Urdu, "the language of the court". In the late 19th century, the movement standardising a written language from Khariboli, for the Indian masses in North India, started to standardise Hindi as a separate language from Urdu, which was learnt by the elite. In 1881 Bihar accepted Hindi as its sole official language, replacing Urdu, and thus became the first state of India to adopt Hindi.

After independence, the government of India instituted the following conventions:
  • standardisation of grammar: In 1954, the Government of India set up a committee to prepare a grammar of Hindi; The committee's report was released in 1958 as "A Basic Grammar of Modern Hindi"
  • standardisation of the orthography, using the Devanagari script, by the Central Hindi Directorate of the Ministry of Education and Culture to bring about uniformity in writing, to improve the shape of some Devanagari characters, and introducing diacritics to express sounds from other languages.
The Constituent Assembly adopted Hindi as the Official Language of the Union on 14 September 1949. Hence, it is celebrated as Hindi Day.

Comparison with Modern Standard Urdu
See also: Hindi–Urdu controversy, Hindustani phonology, and Hindustani grammar
Linguistically, Hindi and Urdu are the same language. Hindi is written in the Devanagari script and uses more Sanskrit words, whereas Urdu is written in the Persian script (Nastaliq) and uses more Persian words."

Nastaʿlīq script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hindi-Urdu was an artificial divide it can't be kept artificially divided for so long, both languages have already reunited to great extent and Bollywood had played great role to do it. ;)

Why did your family moved then? U see where the cultural affection and loyalty lies. Your family felt more close to hindu India than muslim BD since we indeed are 2 different people. Culture is shaped by religion and in Islam culture means BS if it is in conflict with religion. Btw what's the difference between your family of the 30s and hindu BDs of today...... well nothing. There's a reason why they have assets in India as that is there spiritual and cultural homeland. If u are so into "apar-opar bangla crap" and culture (which i m sure like most WB indians u aren't) then leave the Indian union and join muslim majority BD. :D

Aasha rekhe aar labh nei, ora aar firchhe na, oder charamponthi dolguloi konorakam aapos hote debena, aar naramponthider e byapare khub ekta jor nei, thakle ebhabe khunokhuni kore deshbhagtai to hoto na.

Come back? So some hindutva WBengalis still have such wet dreams. :lol: U see your bigotry here?:laugh: U are calling us muslims soromponthi. :cheesy: Just based on religion u are calling us soromponthi. U see the kind of ispamophobia and hatred u have towards muslims? Who the hell r u to label us that and expect luvy-duvy relations with us? Are the brains of Indians really that screwed? :o:

Last edited:
Come back? So some hindutva WBengalis still have such wet dreams. :lol: U see your bigotry here?:laugh: U are calling us muslims soromponthi. :cheesy: Just based on religion u are calling us soromponthi. U see the kind of ispamophobia and hatred u have towards muslims? Who the hell r u to label us that and expect luvy-duvy relations with us? Are the brains of Indians really that screwed? :o:

Do you understand Bengali? When did I talk about coming back? In fact I oppose it. And I mentioned about both Charamponthi and Naramponthi, both exist in Bangladesh and here among PDF Bangladeshis also. And to hell with your luvy-duvy relations with us, I want nothing of it, in fact I always ask you guys to keep away and not to jump the border fence. And yes, I am full of bigotry & hatred against your kind, not the entire Muslim population.

Do you understand Bengali? When did I talk about coming back? In fact I oppose it. And I mentioned about both Charamponthi and Naramponthi, both exist in Bangladesh and here among PDF Bangladeshis also. And to hell with your luvy-duvy relations with us, I want nothing of it, in fact I always ask you guys to keep away and not to jump the border fence. And yes, I am full of bigotry & hatred against your kind, not the entire Muslim population.

Apnar post pore to mone hosilo apni ashai buk bedhe asen. :rolleyes: There are no choromponthis and noromponthi muslim classes. A muslim is a muslim. Its as simple as that. Better get this fact into your head rather than having high hopes on BD's "noromponthis". :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom