What's new

Should Pakistan purchase the Venezuelan F16

I don't think we will get embargoed again.

USA knows full well what will happen in this region if it did.

And I think quite the opposite. and I have History as a Proof for that.
I assure you, as the political landscape will change in Pakistan, and as USA is in position to let go Afghanistan, Pakistan will again become a useless state for US. and keep in mind that active lobbying is underway from elements within us administration and Indian and Israeli elements to make USA impose embargo on Pakistan. It won't take them long to succeed.

Do you buy used car without warranty unless you are a mechanic

I think pakistan should not buy used F-16. They can't repair it.

And I think quite the opposite. and I have History as a Proof for that.
I assure you, as the political landscape will change in Pakistan, and as USA is in position to let go Afghanistan, Pakistan will again become a useless state for US. and keep in mind that active lobbying is underway from elements within us administration and Indian and Israeli elements to make USA impose embargo on Pakistan. It won't take them long to succeed.

That's very right,
now India is the country which USA want to draw.

The F-35 reference was for people who wanted to well say that F16 is a finished bird...

I mean unless we have something like that we are k with our F16 crafts

We also got Mirages from Libya when they were sanctioned , there was no problem then , so why there should be an issue ?

I think its a briliatnt idea to cancel out the MRCA before any single out plane even got inducted by indians
One of the major flaws in your theory is to believe the you will get all F16 from Venezuela right away, can send them to Turkey to upgrade them and have them operational soon. But Venezuela of course would sell them only, if they get an alternative and even then, they will come only in small batches. When they get the first 12 new fighters, they would give PAF the first 12 F16s, then PAF must send them to Turkey and so on. Bottom line is, that this deal would take quite some time till the fighters finally could be in operational service.
Besides that, even F16 B52 is inferior to nearly any MMRCA in the competition, so these upgraded won't make a difference to the MMRCA competition at all.
As several other members told you before, it's not as easy as you think and would be more useful to go on and get 4.5 gen fighters like J10B.

we need to move beyong F-16s enough is enough, I Still fell that don't have a potent force to counter more than 250 MKIs & 126 MMRCA jets & PAK-FA

Enough F-16s, a decent 4.5 Gen platform With investment in 5th Gen is the way forward

we need to move beyong F-16s enough is enough, I Still fell that don't have a potent force to counter more than 250 MKIs & 126 MMRCA jets & PAK-FA

Enough F-16s, a decent 4.5 Gen platform With investment in 5th Gen is the way forward

Appreciated:agree::cheers:

The F-16 is a solid platform which Pakistan has used for the last 30 years. F-16 can last for another 20 years in the Pakistan Air Force.

After F-16, we need to move to Chinese and Indigenous production.

Our Inventory by 2025:

300 - JF-17
150 - J-10
150 - J-11
110 - F-16

The F-16 is a solid platform which Pakistan has used for the last 30 years. F-16 can last for another 20 years in the Pakistan Air Force.

After F-16, we need to move to Chinese and Indigenous production.

Our Inventory by 2025:

300 - JF-17
150 - J-10
150 - J-11
110 - F-16

But what about the period between 2010 and 2025.

But what about the period between 2010 and 2025.

That is a transition phase.

We are going to be retiring our old F-7 and Mirage Fighters and inducting JF-17, F-16, J-10 and J-11.

It won't be until 2020 or 2025 until our Air Force has fully transitioned.

I am also hoping that by that time, we would have started work on JF-18. :pakistan:

Do you think all these new planes we are purchasing and manufacturing, will be enough in 2025... and if so then how long can they serve us in future, like till 2035 ... 2040?

Do you think all these new planes we are purchasing and manufacturing, will be enough in 2025... and if so then how long can they serve us in future, like till 2035 ... 2040?

By 2025, we will have an Air Force of more than 700 Fighters.

India by that time may have more than 2,000 Fighters.

The thing to remember is that Pakistan can never compete with India.

We have to orient our forces in a defensive manner. Such that if India decides to wage war on Pakistan, it knows full well of the kind of hell it would expect should it cross the Pakistani border, air space or territorial waters.

So even if India has 5 Air Craft Carriers by 2025. We need a lethal anti-ship missile force to devastate Indian Carriers.

So even if India has 2,000 Fighter AirCraft, we need to have thousands of SAM missiles to shoot them down.

So even if India has 6,000 Tanks, we need to develop lethal Anti-Tank missiles to take out these tanks.

Remember, it costs millions to make 1 Tank but only a few dollars to take it out.

We should take example of Hezbollah and it used those anti-tank missiles to neutralize those state of the art Israeli Tanks during the 2006 war.

Yeah one has to maintain Minimum Aggressive Posture... but for how long can those 700 planes help us maintain that posture? Thanks

so now what would we do for the next 2 decades.I mean Obviously we can't go in with the F-16 for 20 years.We do Need Something else.

lol dun predict PAF if they can go with mirage3 for 40 years thn these are still f-16's lol....

we really need a high tech aircraft its now or never kinda situation

Last edited:
That is a transition phase.

We are going to be retiring our old F-7 and Mirage Fighters and inducting JF-17, F-16, J-10 and J-11.

I
. :pakistan:

and who told you that PAF will go for j-11 ...are there any authentic sources or just a percepntion based thng?

hi,
Exactly Pakistan needs to concentrate on getting 4.5 gen or 5 gen later on. so has to stop loving these antiquated f-16's, you are not going to believe this many people in Pakistan think that f-16 is the best jet in the whole wide world.:rofl: just because the media keeps on showing those 30 year old songs with these f-16s and people keep on getting inspired :hitwall:

really brother ur very right ,why not we think about technologies ahead of it and gaining new technologies:pakistan: Allah khair karay pakistan ka..we shud have to move forward and fast

Back
Top Bottom