What's new

Should Pakistan purchase the Venezuelan F16

So what else do you expect, we should go for some gripens and typhoons or fifth gen JSF??

well i think pakistan should go for LCA from india which is 6th generation stealth air craft :smitten::cheesy:

jokes apart ... we should stop buying these old air crafts we should go for more advance air crafts to compete india ... :undecided: :pakistan:

^^ after 2020

Yar even if J-XX becomes availabe by 2020 i Doubt that PAF would be able to induct it before 2030.Why??Because they can't even afford a medium technology 4th gen Aircraft.So 5th Gen would be a long shot.
so now what would we do for the next 2 decades.I mean Obviously we can't go in with the F-16 for 20 years.We do Need Something else.

And even then 5th Gen would not be in huge Numbers.I bet less than 100.

Yar even if J-XX becomes availabe by 2020 i Doubt that PAF would be able to induct it before 2030.Why??Because they can't even afford a medium technology 4th gen Aircraft.So 5th Gen would be a long shot.
so now what would we do for the next 2 decades.I mean Obviously we can't go in with the F-16 for 20 years.We do Need Something else.

And even then 5th Gen would not be in huge Numbers.I bet less than 100.

too much of chit chat gup shup here. guys cut the chatter and get serious.

you my friend. PAF is looking forward to about 50 latest block 52+ f-16s MLU M3 for 44 and there we have a good state of the art 4th generation fleet of one kind. and also 100 JF-17 block 2 with western systems. all this in 5 years. as for 5th generation. PAF will buy them in small numbers like 2 squadron and this will be done in round about the same time period when IAF 5th gen fleet is about to grow. If we judge PAF proquirment according to the economy. then well PAF should not even have 200 state of the art 4th gen fleet. our current economy situation does not even let us afford 50 4th gen aircrafts because PAK military budget is that much depended on pak economy.

If you seriously believe Pakistan can buy f-16 from Venezuela, you are living in cookoland :) For those who don't know America is Venezuela's arch enemy :)
On September 10, 2009 Chavez gave a speech at the Peoples' Friendship University in Moscow where he called the American government "the greatest terrorist in world history", adding that "[t]he Yankee empire will fall. It's already falling, It will disappear from the face of the earth, and it's going to happen this century.''

here's the clip.watch after 4:25

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if we can get 35 F-35 then we don't need to worry about the F16 from Venezuela that much ....

Again its all hypothetical at this stage should or should not we ... proceed is the question

Last edited:
Well if we can get 35 F-35 then we don't need to worry about the F16 from Venezuela that much ....

Again its all hypothetical at this stage should or should not we ... proceed is the question

What kind of LaLa land are you living in?

35 F-35? Are you insane?

F-35 won't be inducted by the US Air Force until 2015 and rest of the partners until 2020. Its only then they will start retiring their F-16, Tornadoes and other fighters.

It will probably be after 2025 that the F-35 will be made for export. And even then, it will be abhorrently expensive to acquire.

Pakistan's economy should be better by 2025 but acquiring such expensive Fighters does not make sense for Pakistan.

Pakistan is better off investing in anti-air defenses, radar systems, etc, then wasting money on such expensive planes which will never have an upper hand on the Indian Air Force.

Like it or not, Pakistani Air Force will never have planes that are more advanced than the Indian Air Force as India's massive clout and its arrival on the world's stage ensures that USA, Europe, Russia and Israel continue to give it their most advanced weaponry while short changing Pakistan.

And thus, Pakistan needs to adopt a defensive posture in which India knows full well that if it tries to interlude into Pakistani Air Space it will receive a punishing response.

I do not agree with buying these F-16s for the very basic reason, embargo. I am not even favor of buying 18 plus option of block 52. We need to keep it to minimum with f-16. We need to save money and use it in JF-17 program. It is promising platform and will very soon incorporate latest 4/4.5 generation specs.

I do not agree with buying these F-16s for the very basic reason, embargo. I am not even favor of buying 18 plus option of block 52. We need to keep it to minimum with f-16. We need to save money and use it in JF-17 program. It is promising platform and will very soon incorporate latest 4/4.5 generation specs.

I don't think we will get embargoed again.

USA knows full well what will happen in this region if it did.

The F-35 reference was for people who wanted to well say that F16 is a finished bird...

I mean unless we have something like that we are k with our F16 crafts

We also got Mirages from Libya when they were sanctioned , there was no problem then , so why there should be an issue ?

I think its a briliatnt idea to cancel out the MRCA before any single out plane even got inducted by indians

Back
Top Bottom