What's new

Should AMCA be build around Modified Engine of FGFA?

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Sukhoi-T-50-PAK-FA-KnAAPO-2S.jpg

NEW+AMCA+SHAPE.jpg

hi friends

we know that AMCA will be developed and Super MKIs will be in IAF around 2015.

my question is Should AMCA be build around Modified Engine of FGFAand should it be single engine?

if we manage to do so we will get a single engine 5th gen fighter which will share engine with FGFA; thus relatively easy maintenance and less type of engines to be maintained.

this AMCA will be single engine, but unlike F 35, will be able to supercruise

we will get high-low end mix like F 22 and F 35

discuss

su30superstealth.jpg

NEW+AMCA+SHAPE.jpg

hi friends

we know that AMCA will be developed and Super MKIs will be in IAF around 2015.

my question is Should AMCA be build around Modified Engine of FGFAand should it be single engine?

if we manage to do so we will get a single engine 5th gen fighter which will share engine with FGFA; thus relatively easy maintenance and less type of engines to be maintained.

this AMCA will be single engine, but unlike F 35, will be able to supercruise

we will get high-low end mix like F 22 and F 35

discuss
Will single engine able to produce that much thrust ???
If i am not wrong PAK-FA/FGFA engine is still in development stage
And isnt our JV with sigma is supposed to produce engine for AMCA too ???

Double engine jets are more powerfull and RELIBLE. We will have LCA for low end

...if we manage to do so we will get a single engine 5th gen fighter which will share engine with FGFA; thus relatively easy maintenance and less type of engines to be maintained.

That would at least make them more different and the whole idea for another fighter in IAF somewhat more logical. However, there should be a priority on developing an own engine, based on Kaveri and not to licence produce more Russian engines.

I think it will be alot better if go with Twin engine only...Reasons

1}It reduces the chances of crash

2}AMCA will need wet thrust of atleast 200 Kn-220Kn which is possible through twin engine only...

Now we at least know what is involved in making a jet engine, even if we are not there yet.

LCA was envisioned to have our own engine but it dint, we basically shot in the dark with over ambition. AMCA should have our own!

That would at least make them more different and the whole idea for another fighter in IAF somewhat more logical. However, there should be a priority on developing an own engine, based on Kaveri and not to licence produce more Russian engines.

agreed

but we cant develop a 5th gen engine in own our own for next 10 years

so Single engine AMCA powered by AL 41 is good option

our own 5th gen engine will replace it later

no bcoz we AMCA will be powered by an indeginous engine or rather an Indo-French JV i think which we were not able to do with LCA

N since neither us or France is producing such powerfull engines which could power 5th gen fighters so twin engine is a better option

+there r many other advantages also like greater internal payload n longer range

and most importantly is ablility to master jet engine designing n manufacting on our own which is not possible by licence manufactuing of Russian engines...:hitwall:

agreed

but we cant develop a 5th gen engine in own our own for next 10 years

so Single engine AMCA powered by AL 41 is good option

our own 5th gen engine will replace it later

Not alone, but with French help, for sure.

AMCA should be very different from FGFA FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES. It should be much more stealthy, medium range aircraft with high end EW and sensor fusion those may be missing in FGFA. AMCA should be solely for IAF like F-22 only for USAF.

no bcoz we AMCA will be powered by an indeginous engine or rather an Indo-French JV i think which we were not able to do with LCA

Thats correct, Development agencies still harbor plans of getting AMCA with Kaveri GTX Engine (link).
However given its troubled development history and IAF's requirements, its difficult to predict if thats going to materialize anytime soon.
Can't help feeling, this might be another LCA in the making.:frown:

^^ you have given link to a article posted in 2009

BTW i think that GOI is firm backing to AMCA and it wants indigenous engines for AMCA

A single-engine stealthy warbird ? Isn't that what the Tejas Mk-III is supposed to be?

If i am not wrong then AMCA will be 5th generation rafale, means atleast in terms of role...right???

A single-engine stealthy warbird ? Isn't that what the Tejas Mk-III is supposed to be?

Atleast that's what Mr. Sarawat think aloud somewhere :D
Let's see Mark-2 first then we will put some hopes on Mark-3. I don't think Mark-3 will ever be materialise. IAF will be getting FGFA/AMCA/SS/MR-2 nearly in same timeframe.

Back
Top Bottom