What's new

Kaveri engine will not power Tejas MK-1 nor AMCA

Ohh I wish I could be you for a month then .... Havent had a single day of vacation since November..

You'll get yours'. Shoot much at the range? Always wanted to get my hands on some American cannons..yahaan toh its go to the village and make do with the do nalli!!:hang3:

Can you substantiate and corroborate that Ukraine HAS it for India to have it all?
Why you waNt to run away members with your veiled threats ?
Can you disprove that it HAS not? Unless that can be done, back and forth to and fro's on the subject are pointless and contribute little further beyond it

Other than coming with (putting a admin hat) muscles, what substance do you have to offer to counter this arguments on reasoning, just because you fav particular personality?

You wanna ban me, do it.
Twitter is WIDE OPEN brother.
Ban me.

As you wish.

You'll get yours'. Shoot much at the range? Always wanted to get my hands on some American cannons..yahaan toh its go to the village and make do with the do nalli!!:hang3:
Not much, trying to find a good estate to go shooting instead of a range...Next time you are in US Hit me up, promise to get you some good range time...

@narcon , First, I appreciate that you seem to know about metallurgy and engines. If you really do then teach us @Dillinger me and @Oscar included. We would love to know more about such things, there is no need to put someone down because you might know more... Certain section of the forum are for learning such topics are a great resource... If you wanted to add something useful, then do... Correct us if people here go wrong, there is no need go all El-Hefe on us...

Last edited:
Not much, trying to find a good estate to go shooting instead of a range...Next time you are in US Hit me up, promise to get you some good range time...
What about me?
Thinking of doing a lot of range time for two reasons. First, to get my skills back up. Second, to learn anger management. Contrary to what some common sense might dictate, I think learning how to use, fire and control a weapon is the best form of anger therapy.
If you can hold a weapon that can kill and learn to maintain your calm with it under all circumstances.... Zen Master you are..

On the topic, it seems with all the talk of critical manufacturing knowhow being "kept" or withheld.. the next best option seems to point towards getting a local assembly licence for the GE-404 perhaps. Critical manufacturing techniques may still elude for a few years, but everything else about a modern engine and the "putting it all together" process will be set in very well.

Can you disprove that it HAS not? Unless that can be done, back and forth to and fro's on the subject are pointless and contribute little further beyond it

The onus or burden of proof remains on someone who started the claim, to prove it beyond the doubt.
And not who wants to respond.

I found the argument between the two pound for pound.
And here you came and discarded someone, just because you favoured someone else.
I see that you did not debunked the one you issued a threat to in technical terms.
You are extremely biased YES.

Now you want to ban me, may be because you do not like my attitude towards you and you have means to achieve it, cause my name is kafer sounding?
Go ahead.

What about me?
Thinking of doing a lot of range time for two reasons. First, to get my skills back up. Second, to learn anger management. Contrary to what some common sense might dictate, I think learning how to use, fire and control a weapon is the best form of anger therapy.
If you can hold a weapon that can kill and learn to maintain your calm with it under all circumstances.... Zen Master you are..

On the topic, it seems with all the talk of critical manufacturing knowhow being "kept" or withheld.. the next best option seems to point towards getting a local assembly licence for the GE-404 perhaps. Critical manufacturing techniques may still elude for a few years, but everything else about a modern engine and the "putting it all together" process will be set in very well.

What about you? you don't need to ask, you are always welcome boss... Hit me up before your next visit...

On topic... this critical tech has a simple issue- No Body Transfers It, I wont even go into high tech stuff, compressor manufacturers wont even transfer their rotor profiles for centrifugal blades to their international partners... SCM, AESA, OLS beyond question...

What about you? you don't need to ask, you are always welcome boss... Hit me up before your next visit...

On topic... this critical tech has a simple issue- No Body Transfers It, I wont even go into high tech stuff, compressor manufacturers wont even transfer their rotor profiles for centrifugal blades to their international partners... SCM, AESA, OLS beyond question...

Well, you can appreciate now why Chinese universities supposedly offer degrees in reverse engineering. They knew of the restrictions on technology transfer and tried a solution to bypass it. Whatever one wants to say about it, it is paying off dividends in certain areas.

Well, you can appreciate now why Chinese universities supposedly offer degrees in reverse engineering. They knew of the restrictions on technology transfer and tried a solution to bypass it. Whatever one wants to say about it, it is paying off dividends in certain areas.

The Chinese have had greater farsight than Indians have had for a long time.

Explains why China is ahead of India by decades.

To move forward we need to bite the bullet and move forward the chinese way,not only in reverse engineering but actual research too.

Just recently they tested hgv with peak speed of mach 12 which is a world record,they publish max no of research papers after usa.

Also they are well at least a decade ahead of us in space,maybe 15 years.

So yeah they do reverse engineer but they are doing a crap load of original research too.

To move forward we need to bite the bullet and move forward the chinese way,not only in reverse engineering but actual research too.

Just recently they tested hgv with peak speed of mach 12 which is a world record,they publish max no of research papers after usa.

Also they are well at least a decade ahead of us in space,maybe 15 years.

So yeah they do reverse engineer but they are doing a crap load of original research too.

Good to see another Indian with a realistic perspective here :)

What about me?

Well yes, zen master, thank you for rubbing it in our faces. No ranges here, no real guns either.:mad:

As for ToT, what it should really be called is M-ToT. For examples Thales has officially defined its ToT obligation to be to provide the rotables for its components.:p: Best of luck eking out an ECM/ESM system out of that.

@Oscar Although what do you think of the notion of go it alone ab initio engine development (Kaveri) to begin with? We achieved much but still fell short. Its honestly painful in a sense to see it not being put to operational use and yet I couldn't help but nod when it was officially de-linked from Tejas all the way back in 08-09.

Last edited:
90 KN should be adequate, considering Rafale is 75 KN now, however we dont need it anyway, GE 414 is the engine, considering it powers the hornet and ideal for NLCA.

Any idea why pratt and whitney was never considered by us?

But Rafale is a very light fighter, while AMCA should be more comparable to the EF or F18Sh in size and weight. The latter is even the key, considering that stealth fighters needs to carry fuel and weapons internally, they empty weight is far higher than in 4th gen fighters. EF for example with 11t empty and 2 x 90kN thrust offers good performance, while the F35 weighs 13+t empty and 1 x 190kN isn't good enough.
Without the naval requirement for N-LCA, we could had gone with the EJ200 + TVC for Tejas, combined with a joint development on Kaveri for AMCA or even for the EF. I never understood why the EF consortium never linked their EF offer with the Tejas to win MMRCA.
Not sure if they have a light class engine to offer, they mainly have heavy class once for F15s, or F16s right?

Ohh I wish I could be you for a month then .... Havent had a single day of vacation since November..
Oh u Chinese hitman,...... Get a real flag of your country: dongrilla.

Lol

------/-----/
Time to move on Kaveri is a dead deal we tried every bit from Russian to French to little help from Boeing
Time to bite the bullet and start over again. With new found help and expertise from Kaveri

Back
Top Bottom