What's new

An 'engine' for India's growth

But can we ever make planes like Boeing Jet and Airbus A380? Seems like impossible

But we can certainly start with small planes and go upto 70 to 100 seaters as it seems feasible from current technical competence.

But we can certainly start with small planes and go upto 70 to 100 seaters as it seems feasible from current technical competence.
We have already started a project of making a 90-100 seater passenger aircraft.

@bolo ,your concern is right but copying American products with 1/4 th of quality and then exporting it cheaply is not in our genes.

Some time back GSLV was also impossible for us,,,,,Takes Time ,,,We ll for sure...

If you are saying like GSLV takes time. 30 years from now people will have galactic planes running commercially. We are just that late :/

If you are saying like GSLV takes time. 30 years from now people will have galactic planes running commercially. We are just that late :/
The timeline of completion of the project is 2018.

U still in Past dear,,,,,come to present..Tc

It India wants to have an good aerospace industry, it will need to invest heavily in S&T education and spend at least 20 billion dollars in engine development like China is currently doing.

Ok i knew this,Are we planning to enhance its power??
If yes then by how much??

12 MW is the maximum power output of the current engine .

IMO, they will not be able to easily enhance it's power from the current one .

GTRE has developed the marine Kaveri by modifying the aero engine with a shaft, through which power can be delivered to a propeller. The navy has extensively tested these engines at Visakhapatnam and found that the marine Kaveri can deliver 12 Megawatts (16,000 Horsepower) of propulsion power.

Built for air force, Kaveri engine chosen by navy | Business Standard

12 MW is the maximum power output of the current engine .

IMO, they will not be able to easily enhance it's power from the current one .

GTRE has developed the marine Kaveri by modifying the aero engine with a shaft, through which power can be delivered to a propeller. The navy has extensively tested these engines at Visakhapatnam and found that the marine Kaveri can deliver 12 Megawatts (16,000 Horsepower) of propulsion power.

Built for air force, Kaveri engine chosen by navy | Business Standard
I have read this article ten times,there was a news that they will enhance its design and hence the power and i read it in some forum also that they can enhance it upto 18mw.
I just want a solid evidence.

I have read this article ten times,there was a news that they will enhance its design and hence the power and i read it in some forum also that they can enhance it upto 18mw.
I just want a solid evidence.

Never read anything about this .

Back
Top Bottom