What's new

AMCA based Advanced Fighter Bomber: is this what IAF need?

I had similar idea. But AMCA will have two engines and the idea is to base AFB on AMCA so they will share power plant too. So naturally it too will have two engines.

When we have AMCA, Why do you want AMCA Based fighter of almost same specification. Infact we should go for 118 KN engine based LVCA MK3 or the one i proposed.

when the work on AMCA itself is frozen for last couple months some peeps here are daydreaming about a bomber based on that ROFL !!

Classic example of building castles in air .. A more mature decision would be perfect jet engine tech with full viguour

I am talking about very distant future.
Why not India then scrap this Rafale deal as well and buy SU34, which share many things with your MKI and it a dedicated Attack or should i say a Fighter bomber. And is much cheaper then both Rafale or any new developed type AFB would be. So why add a new type? Why not use the existing MKI infrastructure.

Why not India then scrap this Rafale deal as well and buy SU34, which share many things with your MKI and it a dedicated Attack or should i say a Fighter bomber. And is much cheaper then both Rafale or any new developed type AFB would be. So why add a new type? Why not use the existing MKI infrastructure.

The proposed AFB is 5th gen.

typo , I am sure he meant LCA MK3 .

Congrats for the new rank.

BTW how did you get this rank?

I am doubtful of AMCA as a project.

Congrats for the new rank.

BTW how did you get this rank?

Not a new rank . I just changed the service from Army to Navy .

You can select the service you want at Personal Details .

Because they don't want another heavy class fighter, nor another Russian fighter with techs and weapons IAF will have anyway. It's about adding advantages and alternatives, that's what Rafale offers, or what a stealth airceaft would offer and wrt strike, all that is needed next to FGFA is AURA UCAV.

when the work on AMCA itself is frozen for last couple months some peeps here are daydreaming about a bomber based on that ROFL !!

Classic example of building castles in air .. A more mature decision would be perfect jet engine tech with full viguour

very astute statement. AMCA is not longer a working project as its shelved. A bomber base on AMCA is just a pie in the sky now. We are talking about make major modification of a shelved project. Is the news so slow that this topic has to be conjured.

Because they don't want another heavy class fighter, nor another Russian fighter with techs and weapons IAF will have anyway. It's about adding advantages and alternatives, that's what Rafale offers, or what a stealth airceaft would offer and wrt strike, all that is needed next to FGFA is AURA UCAV.

Eaxctly.

Plus Western fighters are less maintenance intensive.

For example, Mirage 2000 has availability rate of over 80% and has high sortie rate.

Same will be true for Rafale up to large extent.

Eaxctly.

Plus Western fighters are less maintenance intensive.

For example, Mirage 2000 has availability rate of over 80% and has high sortie rate.

Same will be true for Rafale up to large extent.

The availability rate of Rafale in Afghanistan, Libya, or Mali was very high, same for most exercises, so we can expect at least the same if not better performance in that regard.

The availability rate of Rafale in Afghanistan, Libya, or Mali was very high, same for most exercises, so we can expect at least the same if not better performance in that regard.

Am I right about 80 percent plus availability rate of Mirage?

I also heard that it is actually 90%.

Back
Top Bottom