What's new

Kaveri engine will not power Tejas MK-1 nor AMCA

It means he does not know how the fan blades (SCB) go into the process. Still walks tall on these issues, and in the process, starts to ridicule fellow forumites by portraying himself as omniscient.
Lol

My friend, this is the part of turbine component okey?

And what is that answer in one or the other way as I posted viz;

Are they heated or frozen?
Reply dude....

Do not take refuge in a word jugglery.
Talk straight.
Say it..

I already gave you the answer you nitwit. The answer OBVIOUSLY DEPENDS UPON THE PROCESS USED. WHICH YOU DID NOT SPECIFY. I WAITED AND THEN TOOK THE LIBERTY TO SPECIFY THE PROCESS MYSELF. VACUUM INDUCTION MELTING FURNACE- INTO IT GOES THE ALLOY- FIRST MOLTEN AND THEN VERY SLOWLY COOLED.

" You process it first through high temp in molten form and then slowly lower it to the other zone, the alloy will solidify from the base up at the rate of a few inches per hour. "

DID YOU MISS THE ABOVE PART OF THE PREVIOUS POST YOU ABSOLUTE DULLARD!

No interest from the IAF yet as far as the AMCA is concerned.

That's the point and without a customer that is ready to commit itself, the whole project is useless. Just another way for ADA/DRDO to try to show off and then badly fail again.

Btw, why are you putting so much effort in convincing narcon? Just let it go

That's the point and without a customer that is ready to commit itself, the whole project is useless. Just another way for ADA/DRDO to try to show off and then badly fail again.

Lets hope not. Would depress the soul.:(

I believe AMCA will be a JV between India and France.

We alone can not design a 5th generation fighter, now whether France wants to commit itself to such project is other thing.

@sancho Although its again the ADA which is the designing authority and HAL which is the system integrator with no design responsibility or autonomy. The same method which caused the Tejas fiasco and now AMCA is being fed in to the same system, a vastly more ambitious project. Lord have mercy.

We alone can not design a 5th generation fighter, now whether France wants to commit itself to such project is other thing.

They'll most probably be willing to provide off the shelf solutions for integration, beyond that its a toss up. They seem happier with the Neuron and the hoopla about UCAVs being the future.

@sancho Although its again the ADA which is the designing authority and HAL which is the system integrator with no design responsibility or autonomy. The same method which caused the Tejas fiasco and now AMCA is being fed in to the same system, a vastly more ambitious project. Lord have mercy.

They'll most probably be willing to provide off the shelf solutions for integration, beyond that its a toss up. They seem happier with the Neuron and the hoopla about UCAVs being the future.

So they believe UCAVs and Rafales are enough?

BTW are they planning any 4.75th gen version of Rafale?

Btw, why are you putting so much effort in convincing narcon? Just let it go
So they believe UCAVs and Rafales are enough?

BTW are they planning any 4.75th gen version of Rafale?

Future plans for the Rafale are iterative. So something keeps coming up, they have this brilliant idea of dispensable electronic decoys which can be launched akin to flares from the rafale and be used to mess with inbounds which have more modern discrimination capabilities. So they can be innovative but the economics and politics involved in their decisions is beyond me.

They won't, they plan with Rafale till 2030 and already have teamed up with UK for a Rafale / EF replacement. So we can only get Dassault as a JV partner to the project, but don't get any commitment from the country or their forces.

I already gave you the answer you nitwit. The answer OBVIOUSLY DEPENDS UPON THE PROCESS USED. WHICH YOU DID NOT SPECIFY. I WAITED AND THEN TOOK THE LIBERTY TO SPECIFY THE PROCESS MYSELF. VACUUM INDUCTION MELTING FURNACE- INTO IT GOES THE ALLOY- FIRST MOLTEN AND THEN VERY SLOWLY COOLED.

" You process it first through high temp in molten form and then slowly lower it to the other zone, the alloy will solidify from the base up at the rate of a few inches per hour. "
DID YOU MISS THE ABOVE PART OF THE PREVIOUS POST YOU ABSOLUTE DULLARD!

Still the word jugglery?

You process it first through high temp in molten form and then slowly lower it to the other zone, the alloy will solidify from the base up at the rate of a few inches per hour. "

What does this other zone mean?

Thaw, Cool or freeze?
Because the temperature scale is critical here/

this AMCA Is already a failed project, no disrespect to the people who are working, but the way they are managing it, its destined to be doomed.

And on top of that DRDO with a record of excellent project management and development capabilities! But if Kaveri is really de-linked, one of to say, that they have learned at least something and don't want to make the fighter development dependent on the engine development again.
Anyway, the best engine options for AMCA remains:

1. Single engine varient of the FGFA Type 30 (Supercruise capable, TVC developed, will be navalised for Russian navy, licence produced by HAL in India)

2. GE 414 engine of LCA MK2 (Supercruise capable at least in Gripen NG, produced by HAL in India, already navalised, but not TVC)

3. EJ 200 of the EF (Supercruise capable, TVC joint development on offer, but costly and not under production in India so far, could be the perfect base for a jointly developed Kaveri K10)

4. Kaveri K10, jointly developed with a foreign partner (Own engine, but require a lot of upgrading and maturing to offer 5th gen capabilities)

5. M88 engine of Rafale (Supercruise capable and produced in India, but most likely too less thrust to power an AMCA)

Still the word jugglery?

What does this other zone mean?

Thaw, Cool or freeze?
Because the temperature scale is critical here/

The temperature scale is below the melting point of the specific alloy in the other zone, the vacuum induction melting furnace has two regions/areas- one kept above the melting point of the alloy and other below it. The alloy first passes in the molten form and then is slowly passed to the "other" zone as in the region where the temperature is below the melting point (you don't freeze and thaw, this isn't a hunk of meat you moron)..the key being very slowly..this ensures a gradient formation for interaction between the molten and solid state portions of alloy (more elucidation on that when dealing with dendrite formation).

You want me to explain a complicated process in layman's terms? Teach you like a little child? This is the simplest it gets unless you want to follow the following instruction- first you heat it and then you cool it!

@sandy_3126

IF HAL is anything close to be as capable as you believe, or has the guts to compete ADA and DRDO for once, they should propose an own concept based on the FGFA! They can only win, because they can benefit fully from the Russian work, from commonality to make the project cheaper and faster to develop and could even bind Dassault to it through the Rafale deal, for the direct navalisation. All HAL has to do is, to get IN on their side to convince MoD for a competition.

pitch is still years from the making...

Back
Top Bottom