What's new

Shocking!!Thousands of muslim children in the UK being taught to chop hands off!!

Again with the "us"? Are you them? Are those kids you? See this umbrella approach towards every Muslim around the world is wrong and hence you get into troubles that are not even yours to begin with.

Wrong. I said, I grew up in a western country and kids- other children, talked about Muslims like they were animals.

Now when kids of such age are purposely taught such things, who's problem is it?

Not ours. Go to a UK forum

Why run away from it rather than face and finish it and remove this blemish?

Okay, I will fly to Saudi Arabia right now, put a gun to the sheikh's head and tell him to stop.

Why should we 'face and finish it' when clearly the west has a double policy when it comes to Muslims around the world?

If you want to change it, why don't you?

Do you expect us not to be angry?

The link lists core subject groups....Religious studies being one of them....

Nowhere does it go into detail of the same wrt. what is the content of the Religious studies.
Unless I am missing something, the link does not provide the following:

1. That other faith based schools in the UK have been preaching hatred as is the case with the Madrasah in the report.
2. The curriculum is in line with and approved by a governing body in the UK

PS: The only link working is the "Secondary Education" under Science

Sharia lessons for pupils aged six: BBC uncovers 'weekend schools' that teach pupils how to hack off thieves' hands

Sharia lessons for pupils aged six: BBC uncovers 'weekend schools' | Mail Online

Pupils asked to list the 'reprehensible' qualities of Jews
Around 5,000 children attend a network of 40 schools
Diagrams show children how to hack off hands and feet

Children in Britain are being taught brutal Sharia law punishments, including how to hack off a criminal’s hand or foot.

So-called ‘weekend schools’ for Muslim pupils as young as six also teach that the penalty for gay sex is execution and that ‘Zionists’ are plotting to take over the world for the Jews.

One set textbook challenges youngsters to list the ‘reprehensible’ qualities of Jews.

Another for six-year-olds asks them to answer what happens to someone who dies who is not a believer in Islam. The answer being looked for is ‘hellfire’.

A BBC Panorama investigation, to be screened tonight, identified a network of more than 40 weekend schools teaching around 5,000 children, from age six to 18.

The schools – which offer the hardline Saudi National Curriculum – are run under the umbrella of ‘Saudi Students Clubs and Schools in the UK and Ireland’.

They are not state-funded, and do not use Government buildings. They are able to exploit a loophole which means weekend schools are not inspected by Ofsted.

Last night, experts at the Policy Exchange think-tank warned that similar extremists could seek to exploit the Government’s policy of giving greater freedoms from state control to free schools and academies.

They call for the establishment of a due diligence unit to check whether those applying to open the schools have an extremist background.

Current checks are largely limited to fraud, criminal convictions and funding.

Education Secretary Michael Gove, who is believed to be supportive of the idea, said he would not tolerate anti-Semitism and homophobia in English schools.

The Panorama investigation identified a book for 15-year-olds being used in the classes which teaches about Sharia law and its punishments.

It says: ‘For thieves their hands will be cut off for a first offence, and their foot for a subsequent offence.’

There are diagrams showing children where cuts must be made. One passage says: ‘The specified punishment of the thief is cutting off his right hand at the wrist. Then it is cauterised to prevent him from bleeding to death.’

For acts of ‘sodomy’, children are told that the penalty is death and it states a difference of opinion whether this should be done by stoning, or burning with fire, or throwing over a cliff.

Panorama alleges that a building used for one of the schools, in Ealing, West London, is owned by the Saudi government .

Mr Gove told the programme: ‘I have no desire or wish to intervene in the decisions that the Saudi government makes in its own education system.

‘But I’m clear that we cannot have anti-Semitic material of any kind being used in English schools. Ofsted are doing some work in this area.

‘They’ll be reporting to me shortly about how we can ensure that part-time provision is better registered and better inspected in the future.’

The text books for 15-year-olds revive the so-called ‘Protocols of the Elders of Zion’, which teach that Zionists want to establish world domination for Jews.

The Saudi text books instruct pupils: ‘The Jews have tried to deny them (the Protocols) but there are many proofs of their veracity and their origin among the elders of Zion.’

The text books say the ‘main goal’ of the ‘Zionist movement’ is ‘for the Jews to have control over the world and its resources’ which, the book allege, Zionists seek to achieve partly by ‘inciting rancour and rivalry among the great powers so that they fight one another.’

Mr Gove said anyone who cites the Protocols of Zion is ‘indulging in one of the oldest and foulest anti Semitic smears that, that we know of’.

In a written response to the findings, the Saudi ambassador said the schools had nothing to do with the Saudi embassy.

It stated: ‘Any tutoring activities that may have taken place among any other group of Muslims in the United Kingdom are absolutely individual to that group and not affiliated to or endorsed by the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia.’

Referring to the lesson that tasks children to list the ‘reprehensible qualities of the Jews’, in a letter to the BBC, the Saudi ambassador said it was ‘dangerously deceptive and misleading to address such texts and discuss them out of their overall historical, cultural and linguistic contexts’.

Panorama separately claimed some Muslim private schools have expressed extreme sentiments on their school websites.

These include: ‘We need to defend our children from the forces of evil’, and ‘our children are exposed to a culture that is in opposition to almost everything Islam stands for’.

Policy Exchange says Britain’s faith and other schools are increasingly vulnerable to extremist influences.

It claims in a report that the Department for Education, Ofsted, education authorities and schools are ‘not equipped’ to meet such challenges.

Current checks for extremism are described as ‘piecemeal’.

The report adds: ‘The Government’s policy of opening up the education system to new academies and free schools programmes could be exploited unless urgent measures are taken to counter extremist influence.’

No wonder Islamophobia is on the rise across Europe if this is the sort of thing Muslim youth are being taught in their schools..It also explains to a certain extent the inexplicable and pervasive racially charged hatred displayed against Hindus on this forum and by Pakistanis in general, if the heavily criticized state curriculum in that country is anything similar (the Jews are replaced by 'Hindus' but the 'essential attributes' of the hated 'other', such as being stupid, devious, racially inferior etc etc, remain the same)

Those in the UK can catch the investigation on Panorama on BBC 1 at 8:30 pm tonight. For those outside the UK, I`ll post the video once its uploaded on Youtube

brutalty will never going to bring peace and stabilty ........

A good two million female fetus get aborted a year in India, it's like no one India cares. There is some news on the Mail in England , a s**storm starts blowing.
Wonder where you get your fine words from. First come back to your country and set things right of you are so concerned.

The schools – which offer the hardline Saudi National Curriculum – are run under the umbrella of ‘Saudi Students Clubs and Schools in the UK and Ireland’.

Surprised? Really?

watched the programme last night..was a bit shocked abt the contents of some of the books they were teaching 6 year olds with..

What does it mean to BE a Muslim? This question is the most important question of this century -- I genuinely, sincerely, think so - It's a question that involves absolutely everybody, not just Muslims - and is a tremendous opportunity.

After interacting with people across various religions in india. I have come to a conclusion that all relgions have its own set of extremeists be it in a mild form or a extreme form.

But i find wide majority of hindus,christains, buddhists to be moderates. Hindus because of no unified authority to intepret and dictate them what is right and what is wrong. Christains because of their lifesytle, Buddhist because of their peaceful nature.

I find muslims from across the world to be very rigid to the idea of change, and very senstive about their religion. I do not know the reason. But there is an underlining sense of medival mindsets among other communities about muslims. just because of their laws & lifestyle, or should i say the media projection of stupids in the muslim community(which tend to mallign the entire community). one such example is the fatwa issued by deoband against blood donation, they have wide spread followers... and people who read this story can have nothing but -ve feeling about majority of people who are following islam.

more of a propaganda video rather than factual..The children who are taught about that particulat clause in islamic shariah about chopping theif's hands are also taught about the circumstances and mechanism in place for such punishment.
Its same as students learning capital punishment in any law school...they are not asked to go shoot murderers,they are taught the law and all the related clauses..they are not taught to impose that law....same about those islamic schools..

If you ever meet a graduate from those British Islamic school and how well groomed they are....you wont be such demonizing about them.

If you ever meet a graduate from those British Islamic school and how well groomed they are....you wont be such demonizing about them.

95% of the posters here won't. The 5% who would or have know better than to jump through hoops or flay their arms in panic at the mention of this sensationalist report.

Surprised? Really?

Muse, what's surprising is the fact that this is being taught to thousands of children in the UK.Also, judging by the content of some of the Pakistani textbooks, I won`t be surprised if the some of it has been funded by the Saudis.Someone had posted a link earlier on the thread to a report by an NGO examining the state curriculum in Pakistan but it seems to have disappeared now (or maybe I am going blind):what:

more of a propaganda video rather than factual..The children who are taught about that particulat clause in islamic shariah about chopping theif's hands are also taught about the circumstances and mechanism in place for such punishment.
Its same as students learning capital punishment in any law school...they are not asked to go shoot murderers,they are taught the law and all the related clauses..they are not taught to impose that law....same about those islamic schools..

Define 'well groomed'. IIRC, students at the Lal Masjid would have been considered 'well groomed' in your scheme of things and we all know how that turned out.

Any notional benefit of such a curriculum is far outweighed by the tremendous harm is does to children's perceptions of other faiths and the longer term damage it does to community cohesion. In CBT terms, such prejorative attitudes introduced into impressionable minds at an early age by those in positions of authority serve to create certain 'core beliefs' in children about 'the other', which subsequently give rise to 'dysfunctional assumptions' and a strong confirmatory bias in the manner in which they perceive the world around them. This leads the individual to examine events through the prism of these deeply held beliefs and any fact that does not conform to them is either rejected or modified to fit the core belief (giving rise to consiparcy theories etc).

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom