What's new

Shocking!!Thousands of muslim children in the UK being taught to chop hands off!!

5000 is the number of pupils attending Islamic weekend schools. I couldnt find any facts on how many were taught to "chop off hands" (which I suspect was more of history lesson).

Daily mail is a known scaremonger and you should know that since you live in Britain. I havent seen the BBC documentary yet but I would advise you to draw conclusions from that rather than anything the daily mail "reports".

The article makes clear this might be a rare occurrence in a Saudi funded weekend school so dont try and accuse Muslims or justify the mindless Islamophobia portrayed in the comments section by daily mail readers. Most of them are straight up bigots.

United, the article refers to lessons where students are specifically taught how to carry out amputations..not a history lesson by any stretch of the imagination

Here is an article on the investigation from the left leaning Guardian if you are more inclined to believe what it reports..

BBC's Panorama claims Islamic schools teach antisemitism and homophobia | Education | The Guardian

BBC's Panorama claims Islamic schools teach antisemitism and homophobia

Children in Islamic schools are being taught antisemitic and homophobic views from textbooks, the BBC's Panorama will claim tonight.

A textbook used in some weekend schools reportedly asks children to list the "reprehensible" qualities of Jews, according to the programme.

It claims to have found 5,000 Muslim schoolchildren being taught that some Jews are transformed into pigs and apes and that the penalty for gay sex is execution. Some textbooks are said to teach the correct way to chop off the hands and feet of thieves. A spokesman for the programme said the pupils, aged six to 18, attend a network of more than 40 weekend schools across the country which teach the Saudi national curriculum to Muslim children.

One book for children as young as six is said to ask them what happens to someone who dies who is not a believer in Islam – the correct answer is "hellfire".

Investigators claim to have also found a text for pupils aged 15 which reads: "For thieves their hands will be cut off for a first offence, and their foot for a subsequent offence."

British Schools Muslim Rules, which will be aired tonight on BBC One at 8.30pm, says other texts for the pupils are said to claim that Zionists want to establish world domination for Jews, a spokesman said.

Michael Gove, the education secretary, told Panorama: "Saudi Arabia is a sovereign country. I have no desire or wish to intervene in the decisions that the Saudi government makes in its own education system. But I'm clear that we cannot have antisemitic material of any kind being used in English schools."

At present, part-time weekend schools are not inspected by Ofsted but Gove said the educations standards watchdog would be reporting shortly on how to ensure part-time provision is better registered and inspected in the future.

In a written response to the findings, the Saudi ambassador to the UK said the teachings were not endorsed by the Saudi embassy.

Yeah we could discuss the problem, could discuss the solutions too. But the stream of responses that followed were denial, plus people taking this article as an attack on their faith.

So yeah let's discuss the problem and the solution. OK?

Okay, you can discuss the solution. I am definitely not.

These threads are *****.

Why not flood PDF on how to stop Western media from creating so much hate against us? How about getting their soldiers out of our countries? And justice for Kashmiris? Justice for Palestine? Let's flood the forums with each and every single massacre occurred against Muslims, for the sake of 'history'? Let's find solutions for Islamophobia other than "Muslims need to get their act together"? Or ask modern Muslims to raise our voice when we aren't given attention if we do? When we are hated to the blood every day? Might not sound familiar to you, It does to me. I have lived half my life in a country that does not welcome me. What about spam anti-India and anti-Hindu posts and expect you to not get defensive? The list is endless.

All I am saying, the program is being aired, so why has the program / evidence not provided to the law enforcement agencies, why has the law enforcement agencies not yet acted on the program contents.

Doesn't the Panorama guys have moral obligation to give their sources and evidence to law enforcement agencies so that they can and should take action and stop such things happening in a civilized society.

My point is, why no legal steps being taken ?? Why no one got arrested for spreading such hate content ??

I am sure the CPS would be seriously looking at bringing charges under race hate and terrorism legislation..It may all depend on whether covert footage is actually admissible as evidence in court.

Oh but that's the classic knee jerk response around here. Anything and everything of such nature is shrugged off as an 'isolated incident' and subsequent attempts to discuss and understand such issues are vehemently derailed by the likes of Paladin who yell Islamophobic at the top their lungs.

There isn't a single genuine attempt to address the growing rift between Islam and the West either because the two are wholly incompatible or people just find it easier to skirt the issue and point fingers. There was in fact a thread the other day about torture devices used in MEDIEVAL Europe (we're talking 14th-15th century) that further 'highlighted' the West's 'hypocritical' and 'Islamophobic' stance, never mind how such schools can operate in a nation with impunity by exploiting their rights/freedoms.
My words exactly. These children are being taught something so horrible, it is shocking that British police doesn't take actions to shut down the school and arrest the people responsible for teaching such things to young, innocent kids.

Teaching such things is no freedom of expression; most people confuse freedoms as being anarchic. I think legal authorities should take this matter up and have those responsible arrested for life imprisonment.

Why not flood PDF on how to stop Western media from creating so much hate against us? How about getting their soldiers out of our countries? And justice for Kashmiris? Justice for Palestine?

Clarifier, I still don't understand what has regional politics got to do with teaching kids such horrible things and matters of hate. Can you please clarify the link between the two events?

First of all, the thread is to tell people that radicalized bunch of people are teaching wrong things to the innocent kids. This is easily misinterpreted by a few members as attack on Islam where as nothing has specifically targeted Islam. The article simply states how a few selfish people misuse religion and make an innocent generation of kids take law in their hands through mis-appropriated ideologies.

By simply labeling everything as Islamophobia, you cannot wish the problem away. I have begun to notice something that many members here take religion as a sole excuse to mask all their comments and when counter comments are made, portray these comments as offensive to religion.

No sane member here is criticizing Islam; any criticism even in the main article is directed towards radicals who are making innocents learn evil ways. Who would teach youngsters to cut off hands? Karate, etc is good for self- defense and all but cutting off hands? Hating an entire religious community?

This thread or the reasons that you mentioned above are surely not justifiable enough to be called Islamophobia or other terms of self-victimization. This is a social problem and has to be discussed.

See if these problems are not prevented at this stage, tomorrow these kids will grow up and do these acts and once done, this will further tarnish Islam's image because these kids happen to be Muslims.

Tell me who would be responsible for this? The family of that man whose hands this would-be youngster would chop off? Or the radicals who are at first teaching such evil things to these tender age kids?

This thread is on the verge of being de-railed. But we can still discuss this sanely and logically if you or other members don't bring self-victimization. Please.

Okay?

Like I said,

Why don't you discuss religion problems other than about us?

I'm done with this thread

Okay?

Like I said,

Why don't you discuss religion problems other than about us?

I'm done with this thread
Again with the "us"? Are you them? Are those kids you? See this umbrella approach towards every Muslim around the world is wrong and hence you get into troubles that are not even yours to begin with.

The topic is about kids (Muslim by religion) who are being taught such things by radicals. Put 2 kids; a European and a Muslim on the street and put a football on the road. You will see that within 2 minutes, both will start playing with the ball and will be laughing and chatting away; totally unmindful of their different worlds.

Now when kids of such age are purposely taught such things, who's problem is it?

Why run away from it rather than face and finish it and remove this blemish?

So, the story is out, evidence is there with the news agency.

Where is the govt action ?? Why hasn't the govt done anything in this regard ?? Why no arrests are being made ?? Why the ones who are teaching such things not being arrested ?? Why no video news items coming on BBC, CNN & most importantly Fox news or even Sky News. Where is MI5 or Scotland Yard doing investigations ??

Where is the civilized world to take care of stopping such hate speech being spread ??

Or should I say, may be the story is cooked up, as reason is obvious.

First of all there are not clear cut laws in the UK against children being taught something like this. Secondly such religious matters are highly touchy and no politician would want to get his hands dirty and loose muslim votes. The story is not cooked up and is something that many of my friends from the UK have also told me. Extremism is growing in Europe mainly because of the relaxed laws that they have there. There are more than enough articles and videos out there that talk about such incidents that have become common place in Europe. France is the first country to start clamping down on all this, lets see if UK follows suit.

Saudi school lessons in UK concern government

The government says it will not tolerate anti-Semitic and homophobic lessons being taught to Muslim children in the UK.

BBC Panorama found that more than 40 Saudi Students' Schools and Clubs are teaching the official Saudi national curriculum to about 5,000 pupils.

One text book shows how the hands and feet of thieves are chopped off.

The Saudi government said it had no official ties to the part-time schools and clubs and did not endorse them.

However, a building in west London where Panorama obtained one of the text books is owned by the Saudi government.

The director of education for the Saudi Students' Schools and Clubs said the Saudi Cultural Bureau, which is part of the embassy, had authority over the network.

'Hellfire'
Education Secretary Michael Gove said there was no place for the Saudi teachings with regard to Jews or homosexuals in Britain: "To my mind it doesn't seem to me that this is the sort of material that should be used in English schools."

He said in light of the BBC's findings, the school inspectorate Ofsted was looking into the possible regulation and inspection of out-of-hours schools and clubs. At present, part-time schools do not fall within Ofsted's mandate.

"Ofsted are doing some work in this area, they'll be reporting to me shortly about how we can ensure that part-time provision is better registered and better inspected in the future," Mr Gove said.

One of the text books asks children to list the "reprehensible" qualities of Jewish people. A text for younger children asks what happens to someone who dies who is not a believer in Islam - the answer given in the text book is "hellfire".

Another text describes the punishment for gay sex as death and states a difference of opinion about whether it should be carried out by stoning, burning with fire or throwing the person over a cliff.

In a book for 14-year-olds, Sharia law and its punishment for theft are explained, including detailed diagrams about how hands and feet of thieves are amputated.

In a written response, the Saudi embassy said such materials were often taken out of context and often referred to historical descriptions.

But Neal Robinson, an expert in the Koran, said the context in which the materials are presented comes with risks.

"To present it cold, as it seems to be here, just part of the teaching of Islam, no it's not wise. In the wrong hands I think it is... ammunition for anti-Semitism."

The use of these materials in Britain comes three years after a BBC investigation found a Saudi-funded school in west London was using texts that referred to Jewish people and Christians in derogatory terms. That prompted assurances at the highest diplomatic levels that the materials would be removed.

Panorama has also found evidence of extreme views on some private, full-time Muslim school websites, including messages that state: "Our children are exposed to a culture that is in opposition to almost everything Islam stands for" and "We need to defend our children from the forces of evil".

MP Barry Sheerman, former Labour chairman of the Children, Schools and Families parliamentary committee, said politicians had avoided the issue of controversial teachings in some Muslim schools.

"There are some very good Muslim schools but there are some Muslim schools that give me great cause for concern that is often around the ethos of the schools, the focus of the school and the kind of ideology that is concerning."

Dr Usama Hasan, an Islamic scholar and part-time imam in east London, warned of the dangers of segregating young Muslims in Britain, particularly the seminaries where the next generation of imams are being educated.

"They don't interact with people who are not Muslim... they don't learn the ingredients of the western world, so it's very easy for them to read the medieval texts which were written at a time when Islam was under attack and say non-believers are our enemies and we have to fight them."

BBC News - Saudi school lessons in UK concern government

John Ware asks: How do you define extremism?
By John Ware
BBC Panorama

What is extremism - how do you define it?
The Education Secretary Michael Gove says: "You know it when you see it."
That does not seem to be the case for some part-time Saudi schools in Britain.
As Panorama has discovered, a network of more than 40 weekend Saudi schools have been offering to teach the Saudi national curriculum to Muslim children in the UK and some of it is very extreme indeed.
Text books teach school children about the correct way to chop off the hands and feet of thieves - a hand for the first offence, a foot for the second.
It tasks pupils to spell out the "reprehensible qualities" of Jews. It explains that the penalty for sodomy is execution - possibly by being thrown off a cliff - and that Zionists are plotting to take over the world for Jews.
'Anti-Semitism'
This is a reference to a late 19th century "plot" by Russian anti-Semites who claimed the elders of Zion had written a series of secret "Protocols" to achieve global domination of the economy and media.
These "Protocols" were exposed as a hoax 89-years-ago.
But for 15-year-old Muslims studying the Saudi national curriculum here in Britain in the hope of getting into a Saudi university, the plot continues to the present day. There are "many proofs" of the Protocols' "veracity", the grade 10 text book says.
BBC Newsnight exposed similar anti-Semitic sentiments in Saudi text books at a Saudi school in London in 2007. The Saudi government's promise of a "comprehensive" review of all offensive material in their curriculum does not seem to have been comprehensive enough.
These Saudi schools have been going for about 30 years.
The Saudis have got away with this for so long because part-time schools do not have to register with the Department for Education (DfE), so they do not get inspected. That may now change.
Mr Gove told me the school inspectorate Ofsted will shortly report to him about how "part-time provision is better registered and better inspected".
Easier said than done.
Western influence

Thousands of children from all faiths attend other perfectly respectable part-time schools at the weekend. And these classes are not just held in church halls, mosques, synagogues, and temples. Some are in the backrooms of private houses.
What about full-time faith schools of which there are around 25,000 in England and Wales? Do they all recognise extremism when they see it? Assuredly most do. But not all. And this is where the spotlight again falls mainly on Muslim faith schools.
There are not as many Muslim faith schools per head of population as there are Christian (most of which are now 'faith' in name only) and Jewish.
But Muslim parents are turning to faith schools, mostly private, in increasing numbers in order to preserve the Islamic ethos of their offspring and to shield them from western influence.
In our comparison of more than 100 websites of schools of all faiths, it was the anti- western tone of some Muslim schools that was most striking.
Let us be clear. No-one is talking here about teaching terrorism.
The real concern is about a school ethos that reinforces separatism - either by living in separate enclaves or by not buying into the core values of a liberal democracy - tolerance, equality between men and women, and respect for man made laws.
Integration
The Muslim population of Britain has been rising rapidly and research by the economics department at Bristol University shows that Muslim children are the most segregated in Britain.
Faith schools are growing in popularity. Which way will Muslims be pulled - towards or away from the mainstream?
The new government, much like the last one, sees integration as the long term solution to radicalisation because it has recognised that a sense of Muslim isolationism from wider UK society can increase vulnerability to radicalisation by charismatic preachers.
That is why the entire school inspection system is now being reviewed by the Education Secretary.
Many Muslim faith schools clearly do manage to preserve their Islamic identity whilst embracing the pluralism of a liberal democracy.

I was struck how the Al Furqan school in Birmingham displayed symbols of all the faiths, including Buddhism and Hinduism, shunned by many Conservative Muslims as normalising polytheism - the worship of Gods other than God.
For me the symbolism seemed clear: Al Furqan was genuinely striving to connect to the mainstream.
Just as clearly, however, other Muslim schools we encountered seemed in varying degrees to want to stay separate, leading separate lives in separate enclaves.
Following a lengthy study, the centre right think tank Policy Exchange, today publishes recommendations about how to protect children of all faiths from religious fundamentalism in the classroom.
Due diligence
Will these steer more Muslim faiths schools in the general direction of schools like Al Furqan?
The report finds that the education system is currently "not equipped" to prevent "extremist influences" in faith schools.
It includes Ofsted whose often glowing reports about a school's promotion of "spiritual, moral and cultural" values seem at variance with the school's links to fundamentalist preachers, Islamic institutions, mosques and websites.
One of the report's authors John Bald, a former Ofsted Lead Inspector, says Ofsted was never designed to sift and weigh evidence of this kind.
Policy Exchange also say the government should set up a dedicated Due Diligence Unit based at the DfE to vet new applicants who want to establish new academies and schools independent of government under Mr Gove's Free Schools plan.
I am told that currently due diligence consists of not much more than a "google search...of Companies House and Linkedin".
Mr Gove is already adopting some of these recommendations.
He told me he is not going to "attempt to police what people believe" but is "determined to ensure that those who have access to public money and those who are shaping young minds, do not peddle an extremist agenda".
Applications from "any organisation or individual who we fear might be associated with extremism" will be rejected, Gove explained.
As in other spheres, the attempt to shape a new British identity from childhood - one that is both British and Muslim at ease with their common citizenship - seems to have entered a new phase.

So, the story is out, evidence is there with the news agency.

Where is the govt action ?? Why hasn't the govt done anything in this regard ?? Why no arrests are being made ?? Why the ones who are teaching such things not being arrested ?? Why no video news items coming on BBC, CNN & most importantly Fox news or even Sky News. Where is MI5 or Scotland Yard doing investigations ??

Where is the civilized world to take care of stopping such hate speech being spread ??

Or should I say, may be the story is cooked up, as reason is obvious.

What a conspiracy theory. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

police not arresting anyone hence it must be false. Remember, pakistani police is also not arresting any politician inspite of their alleged corruption scndals. So they must be saints!!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom