What's new

''Sharpshooters'' Convert To Thunder Bravos Move To Bholari

No need to count CSS and K-8 sherdils since the first are not full sqds and the second are not really combat planes. Finally, what is Brave Hearts?

CCS ones are full squadrons, only Falcons join on a rotation basis.
K-8P is a trainer, yes I agree but can be deployed in the operation theatre.
Brave hearts is another internal aerobatic team with Tweety birds.

Add two CCS squadrons making Thunder count to 7 and Mirage ROSE count to 4.

One more thing No.15 is number-plated to re-raise with Dragons.

Lets break it down, not counting CSS:

6 x Thunder according to my count (inorder of induction date) - No.s 26, 16, 2, 14, 28, 18

5 x Falcons - Yes agreed (nos. 5, 9, 11, 19 and 29)

0 x Dragon - This is in future, we want to see current strength

3 x Mirage Rose + 3 x Mirage - Rose-I is no.7 , Rose-II is no. 25, Rose-III is no. 27, the remaining Mirages in no. 8, 15 (or 50 but that news is not confirmed), and 22

3 x PGs. (nos. 17, 20, 23)

Total: 20 sqds

No need to count CSS and K-8 sherdils since the first are not full sqds and the second are not really combat planes. Finally, what is Brave Hearts?
My guess is by end of this year / or next year 2023
We should only have rose mirages left (3 pgs & 3 non rose retired)
I think half will be taken over by thunder other half by j10s(3 sq each)

One thing here is counting squadrons on paper and treating them the same.

To give you an example No 19 is an F-16ADF unit with 13 old and second hand planes. No 5 has 18 new Block 52s. So safe to assume No 5 will be able to throw 12 planes into the fight immediately (all very capable) whilst No 19 may manage 8 at best, and these probably some of the least capable planes in the PAF avionics wise.
So they may look equal on paper but in reality a significant difference whish is fine as everyone knows they have different roles and types of aircraft.

Now back to Sqd numbers.

CCS has never operated full squadrons from what I know, and i have visited the place. Firstly PAF simply cannot afford to have 4 full squadrons at CCS (that is around 60-70 planes!) as our air force is not that big, and there is simply no requirement to that much combat training and aggressors in a 350 plane air force.
Secondly Mushaf AB simply aint that big!

We have 44 F-16 MLUs, given No 9 and No 11 are frontline units they will probably be give the standard number of 18 planes each (just like No 5 has 18 Block 52s) leaving just 8 for No 28 Aggressors/CCS unit at Mushaf. Which is half a squadron and the size traditionally CCS units are. Also keep in mind on one of these units (possibly No 11) also has to act as the OCU for the entire fleet.

The 25 J-10s seems like we will have one full unit and another one building up so chances are there will be 2 squadrons of around 12 planes each that will increase to the standard size of 18 aircraft each once all 36 J-10s are delivered. With just 2 Sqds in the short term it is highly unlikley we will have a small J-10 CCS unit until we order more planes. Also worth noting J-10s will not be a one on one F-7 replacement. 2 J-10 units can easily do the job of 4 F-7/Mirage sqds. We can also assume at least one Block III unit stands up in 2022 after seeing the pictures of 8 planes lined up last week. Also fair to assume

So end of 2022 PAF should look like this

Front line (I am counting OCUs as frontline as they play a war role)

4 x F-16
2 x J-10
8 x JF-17
4 x Mirage

CCS

1 x F-16
1 x JF-17
1 x Mirage
1 x F-7PG (Aggressor)

18 Front line units plus 4 CCS units that have a war role (as 28 Sqd amply demonstrated during Swift Retort)

I am in no way dissing the person but u have to admit he has made some out landish claims one one which was the acquisition of the jh 7......n it has gone horribly sideways to say the least.
"It's a new engine, hence teething issues. Nonetheless aircrafts are upgraded and refurbished.
12 of them have landed, 14 more to come.
Things are being worked out, they are not as bad as I previously thought. So let's see when they are revealed, but their primary role will be naval."

"It's a new engine, hence teething issues. Nonetheless aircrafts are upgraded and refurbished.
Things are being worked out, they are not as bad as I previously thought. So let's see when they are revealed, but their primary role will be naval."
?? Are you suggesting that Bade mian's famous JH-7s have landed?

Let's not downgrade this place with things that aren't said here by anyone.

Well well @Windjammer

Image source :

1642618933147.jpg

In this era of tech I think it would be near to impossible for both the parties to surprise each other.
And yet 27th Feb stands as testament against this statement

PAF has 20 combat squadrons (excl CCS) the rest are AEW, EW, Tanker, Transport etc. Past PAF Chief has said they would like to maintain a combat strength of 375 to 400.

Not really. Taza taza:
Do you think PAF would disclose the total# they can field? JF-17s and J-10s with the Chinese engines are the black horses here...

With so many fighters coming up in 6 months
I will be surprised if PAF keeps any of f7s/p/pg/ft-7

Just doesnt make sense
No no no PAF should turn all F-7s into Drones
watch
China converts all Soviet era old fighters into Drones for Taiwan theater

Back
Top Bottom