What's new

shall the burqa be banned??

shall the burqa be banned by the governments ?

• Total voters
Their country,their rules. If people don't like it ,then they can leave.
Their country is democratic and the people who are objecting are the very citizens of that counry be it 2nd generation or 4th generation and some are new converts...So we are talking about their people where are they supposed to leave for? Such a remark is very useless esp if you dont know the background at all!

Its pointing out intolerance of the West how they keep crying about intolerance of Muslim country we call this showing the mirror!

Burqa are security risk
Already covered in post 2...try something new :pop:

It sounds very rude, but it is a question that has spring up in my mind. Just what do you gain from covering up that much here? What are you covering up? Is it necessary?
All of which is none of my business. But imagine, if me a British Pakistani thinks that. What about the White British to whom this is alien to, if my involuntary reaction is strong, how strong must there's be.

Dont know others but for me ...post 2 has summarized it very well...

I agree with her...When you look at a woman, 1000 things go in your head- its natural.

We have people staring at the eyes, ears, hair and other body parts...It is either admiring it or taking notes and stuff....

Now when a woman is properly covered (lets just include no niqaab just loose clothes and all other criteria) vs a Western dress woman in a tight shirt a big neckline + tights or tight skirt.....

Which one will you concentrate on listening to what she has to say over what she looks like?

Whose talk will you be listening to than admiring or criticizing her looks?

These are questions that pop in my mind...I live in this west and many a time a girl bends down and shows everything, being a lady I am appalled I cant imagine how men react?

And then there are women with a barrel shape and wearing the tightest dresses on the planet...Seriously how can anyone think of what they are saying and not 2-3 words of shock along the lines of what the hell is that ...

My honest question to men:

When there are pix of women (only the face revealed) on this very forum....Many guys turn from a human to a wolf....It is a fact now if that woman was talking or saying something lets say educational or technical how many will stop admiring her hair, pretty face, sexy voice and listen to the information she is giving out?

This is only for the face I havent talked about a full length pix of a woman....showing her curves and wearing half of any dress possible?

Please be honest!

Yes.

Reasons:

1.Security risks.

2.I find it opressive for women.You might say "it's their choice",but many slaves after the American Civil War refuse to leave their masters because they were accustomed to that and didn't know any better.Sometimes modernity has to dragg you kicking and screaming into the future.

3.To be honest,it frightens me ...it's a cultural clash,i live in Europe ,not in Kabul and i would like it to remain that way.

I only saw a burqa 4 years ago in Paris,i literally stopped and backed away and remained stearing at her as she passed away.It took a gentle reminder from my girl friend to wake me up.Lately i see many muslim women in my home town who come here for studies (arabs and pakistani) but while they wear headscarves ,fortunately no burqa yet.Headscarves are ok,many of our women use them to.

You don't have to be showing cleavage if you decide not wear a burqa. Where'd you make that jump between the two. IF covering up according Islamic principles is the need, the Burqa goes above and beyond that.
Ok lets skip revealing clothes but what does an average Western lady wear?

fashion%2520drawing%2520sketch%2520copia.jpg

Ok lets type experiment 1:

I typed casual wear:

womens-casual-fashion-style-4.jpg

Untitled.jpg

64.jpg

y7lgzd-i.jpg

Now tell me for each lady when you saw the pix what did you see first and what did you think?

Lets say these ladies passed by and each gave you a talk on something or another...how much of the talk and how much of the details of how the ladies look will you remember?

I dont expect everyone to be a wolf but vast majorities are....

Ok lets skip revealing clothes but what does an average Western lady wear?

fashion%2520drawing%2520sketch%2520copia.jpg

Ok lets type experiment 1:

I typed casual wear:

womens-casual-fashion-style-4.jpg

Untitled.jpg

64.jpg

y7lgzd-i.jpg

Now tell me for each lady when you saw the pix what did you see first and what did you think?

Lets say these ladies passed by and each gave you a talk on something or another...how much of the talk and how much of the details of how the ladies look will you remember?

I dont expect everyone to be a wolf but vast majorities are....

They don't wear this in most muslim countries though...on account that they may get stoned for it,so let us not complain to much i say.:)

I find it opressive for women.

many slaves after the American Civil War

Yea I agree, we live enslaved by fashion...it telling us what to wear and what not...but that is fine we cant ban fashion we live for it god forbid anyone wants to as devoted as a nun :agree:

it frightens me ...it's a cultural clash,i live in Europe ,not in Kabul
Well then you want to live among clones....Where diversity doesnt exist :tup:

I only saw a burqa 4 years ago in Paris,i literally stopped and backed away and remained stearing at her as she passed away.
And it is because you are soo used to seeing the same types everywhere and fail to acknowledge a diversity...Different thing scares you just like change scares Mullahs :rofl:

They don't wear this in most muslim countries though...on account that they may get stoned for it,so let us not complain to much i say.:)
I am talking about western countries as the topic is about the West...

Plus since you have never been to a Muslim country as it scares you...you are probably in no position to judge what goes on there!

Sure wear burka but not in Europe please. Go ahead and wear it in Pakistan. What's funny is that majority of Pakistani women don't even wear Burka at least they didn't used to until recent radicalisation of Pakistan.

Exactly, we can't really complain how whites think when many of us don't see any purpose in taliban style burqa in western countries. But UK is very liberal society and i hope it continue to be one, i just don't think muslims should take advantage of freedom and go extra mile by bringing practices which are not even neccesary in Islam like burqa.
It is sad you think that way...

Just coz you dont see or agree you want to ban it on people with different opinions! Well for that very reason I call a MULLAH a Mullah coz he cant tolerate differences!

And it is because you are soo used to seeing the same types everywhere and fail to acknowledge a diversity...Different thing scares you just like change scares Mullahs

Not really...i just said that even in my Romanian hometown we got lots of diversity with arabs,pakistanis,africans,indians coming to our universities and i find it interesting and colourfull.But the burqa sighting just blew me away,it wasn't even about diversity/race (it could have been a white woman under that) ,it just scared me and transported my thoughts to the talibans.

Sure wear burka but not in Europe please. Go ahead and wear it in Pakistan. What's funny is that majority of Pakistani women don't even wear Burka at least they didn't used to until recent radicalisation of Pakistan.
Not sure when you last lived in Pakistan...My mom used it and it wasnt even forced....

Why not in Europe? Is Europe on Mars? Oh yea they are fake democratic and their freedom shit only stretches as far as hypocrisy! :agree:

It is sad you think that way...

Just coz you dont see or agree you want to ban it on people with different opinions! Well for that very reason I call a MULLAH a Mullah coz he cant tolerate differences!

Not in Europe, wear it in mullah society where one may need it.

it could have been a white woman under that) ,it just scared me and transported my thoughts to the talibans.
Well I am not talking about diversity of people but diversity of choices...

It scares you coz of what you attribute to it based on what people tell you...You have never spoken to one so how can you judge?

I am talking about western countries as the topic is about the West...
Plus since you have never been to a Muslim country as it scares you...you are probably in no position to judge what goes on there!

I've been to Turkey and yes, I must confess i have no desire to expend my travel horizons until things change in many muslim countries.

Not in Europe, wear it in mullah society where one may need it.
Well you are being Europe's Mullah!

Europe where the law doesnt stop one from practicing nor does it dictate what religion should do...welcome to secular West...get used to it!!

And mind you you are making the West intolerant just as the East is intolerant to Western ideas...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom