What's new

Shahid Afridi announces Pakistan comeback

in the heat of the moment, it happens.....''gandu'' is not a very nice thing to call a team-mate. That was some sloppy fielding by Hafeez though, i must say.

PCB -- well i think it's (former) head was beghairat but yes again, in public these types of language are not professional and so he shouldn't say it. There are clever ways to expose the incompetence of PCB, this isn't the way. Emotions in public is never a good thing, i think.

i agree with both of your comments but I feel that ball was going to pass the boundary anyway. It was a genuine shot for 4 runs and by diving it may not have helped him that much....The pace of the ball was too much... but i think regardless of that there is not justification to abuse any player in the middle of a International match where millions of people are listening to you through the microphones attached in the pitch.

The bottom line is... you got my point and few reasons why I feel Afridi needs to improve his leadership skills and should only be given this responsibility if he can maintain calmness and good atmosphere in the dressing room. Being aggressive is a good thing but being over-aggressive is the worst thing you can do

---------------------------------------
Off-Topics

Umpire of the year: LBA gives Dar Rs160,000 for flood victims :tup:

271196-Umpireoftheyear-1318272982-327-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: Cricket umpire Aleem Dar continued his personal efforts to raise funds for victims of this year’s devastating floods in Sindh, picking up Rs0.16 million from the Lahore Bar Association at a reception hosted in his honour at Aiwan-i-Adl.

Dar was recently crowned the world’s best umpire for a third year in a row by the International Cricket Council.

Speaking at the ceremony on Monday, Dar said his success was down to hard work and honesty, as well as the good wishes of the people of Pakistan. He said every able Pakistani should be working to help the flood victims and he was planning to set up a trust for the needy. He said he recited verses from the Holy Quran before each match he umpired.

(Read: You have done us proud, Aleem)

Asked if he had ever been approached by a bookie looking to fix a match, he said he did not pick up random calls to his phone. Asked by this correspondent for his views on disgraced Pakistani cricketers caught spot fixing, he did not comment.

LBA President Advocate Shehzad Hassan Shaikh presented him the Rs160,000 cash donation. He described the umpire as a lone “ray of hope” in a depressed nation who had “raised the Pakistani flag” in countries where the image of Pakistan was poor.

Correction: An earlier version of the story incorrectly stated the amount as Rs1.6 million. The correction has been done.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 11th, 2011.

---------------------------------------
Off-Topics

Umpire of the year: LBA gives Dar Rs160,000 for flood victims :tup:

271196-Umpireoftheyear-1318272982-327-640x480.jpg

LAHORE: Cricket umpire Aleem Dar continued his personal efforts to raise funds for victims of this year’s devastating floods in Sindh, picking up Rs0.16 million from the Lahore Bar Association at a reception hosted in his honour at Aiwan-i-Adl.

Dar was recently crowned the world’s best umpire for a third year in a row by the International Cricket Council.

Speaking at the ceremony on Monday, Dar said his success was down to hard work and honesty, as well as the good wishes of the people of Pakistan. He said every able Pakistani should be working to help the flood victims and he was planning to set up a trust for the needy. He said he recited verses from the Holy Quran before each match he umpired.

(Read: You have done us proud, Aleem)

Asked if he had ever been approached by a bookie looking to fix a match, he said he did not pick up random calls to his phone. Asked by this correspondent for his views on disgraced Pakistani cricketers caught spot fixing, he did not comment.

LBA President Advocate Shehzad Hassan Shaikh presented him the Rs160,000 cash donation. He described the umpire as a lone “ray of hope” in a depressed nation who had “raised the Pakistani flag” in countries where the image of Pakistan was poor.

Correction: An earlier version of the story incorrectly stated the amount as Rs1.6 million. The correction has been done.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 11th, 2011.

^^^ This deserves another thread.

Shahid Afrid has been removed from my favorite players, he is no longer on my lists after Wasim, Waqar, Saeed, Inzamam, Hall of Fames players. World Cup Semifinal has disappointed me, he is arrogant to let Pakistan down. T20 Champion in 2009 was lead by Younis Khan.

Shahid Afridi announces Pakistan comeback

Or

His come back :D

To be honest Pakistani players need to be mature especially Afridi..Jazbaat mein a kar retiremnet detey hein aur phir kabi khud aur kabi kisi se mintein karwa kar wapis a jatey hein..Its not professional approach :)

AFP: Afridi announces Pakistan comeback :D

Listen guys. Shahid Afridi is no Imran Khan when it comes to behaving in a dignified manner as a captain, so maybe we should not hold him up to that standard. He is a very talented player, and his attitude on and off the field has made him a fan favourite. I for one am glad he is returning because without those mega sixes he hits, crickets was depressing to watch for me.

GO AFRIDI!!! :pakistan:

Listen guys. Shahid Afridi is no Imran Khan when it comes to behaving in a dignified manner as a captain, so maybe we should not hold him up to that standard. He is a very talented player, and his attitude on and off the field has made him a fan favourite. I for one am glad he is returning because without those mega sixes he hits, crickets was depressing to watch for me.

GO AFRIDI!!! :pakistan:

There is no doubt Afridi and Razzaq has been supporting the death part of our innings for almost a decade. We probably still need both players for couple of years and if only one of them is selected... we need to find alternative soon... Without the likes of striking batsmen like Afridi and Razzaq our batting depth seems toothless.

Afridi is one of the most over rated player in the world. He has done more harm to Pakistan than good.

Pakistan has produced heroes like Imran and wasim . This guy has brought more shame to pakistan by immature antics like eating the ball,dancing on the pitch etc. I fail to understand why Pak people admire him so much

Afridi is one of the most over rated player in the world. He has done more harm to Pakistan than good.

Pakistan has produced heroes like Imran and wasim . This guy has brought more shame to pakistan by immature antics like eating the ball,dancing on the pitch etc. I fail to understand why Pak people admire him so much

He has won more matches for Pakistan than half of the current Indian squad's performances combined.

We see him winning the matches for us... most Pakistanis least care what he does a part from that

how did Afridi harmed Pakistan?

i dont agree with you at all

i see little kids in the street chanting his name; he's like a hero figure to many

though i dont think we'll ever have somebody as refined or calculated as Imran Khan. On the field and as a captain, he was a genius. Him and his squad won us a World Cup and much adulation.

I think Afridi did the right thing , its not ideal when PCB treats a national hero , team captain from high responsibility role to a
RAG DOLL , Afridi has a opinion and he speaks his mind that is what a CAPTAIN is suppose to do

He has won more matches for Pakistan than half of the current Indian squad's performances combined.

We see him winning the matches for us... most Pakistanis least care what he does a part from that

So basically u r saying if he wins u matches by cheating on the field, that is fine with u.

What he did in the match against Australia gave a window for everyone to see how his mind works. Here is a captain who is biting the ball so that it will start swinging in the dying moments of the match and worse after the match says he was only trying to smell it. What crap.

Sports persons are ambassadors of your country as well

---------- Post added at 04:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

how did Afridi harmed Pakistan?

i dont agree with you at all

i see little kids in the street chanting his name; he's like a hero figure to many

though i dont think we'll ever have somebody as refined or calculated as Imran Khan. On the field and as a captain, he was a genius. Him and his squad won us a World Cup and much adulation.

That to me gives a hint to y Pakistan finds itself in a situation right now. Living in Denial is what it is.
Pakistan has produced so many other heroes to whom young Pakistanis can look up to.

I think Afridi did the right thing , its not ideal when PCB treats a national hero , team captain from high responsibility role to a
RAG DOLL , Afridi has a opinion and he speaks his mind that is what a CAPTAIN is suppose to do

Well I think the biggest issue with Afridi was that he speaks too much in the public

He was warned by the PCB, another show cause notice was issued by the PCB, warned and fined by the PCB... but did he stop? he is still giving silly remarks every second week... I am not saying whatever Afridi is saying is right or wrong... he might be right in everything

Lets say "Butt" really is Beghayrat like he said in that interview
Lets just say "Waqar Younis" really need to take the coaching classes as claimed by Afridi
Lets just say he saw "Sachin Tendulkar" shivering while facing Shoaib Akhtar
Lets just say "Amir Sohail" is Ghattiya insaan as claimed by Afridi

The bottom line is... why can't he shut up and keep few matters classified? He is appearing on the television as a retired player (when in fact he was not retired and under the PCB contract for most of the interviews I mentioned above). If it is not allowed to reveal the atmosphere of the dressing room or the personal matters in the public why does he keep repeating the same mistake?

All he needs to do is - take long break off from the television and focus only on his cricket. I find him bit arrogant these days... He is no longer the Afridi I used to love for almost 12 years :(

Abdul Razzaq, calm, confident, quicker !

Abdul Razzaq 109 Vs South Africa Match Winning Century Highlights - YouTube

Shahid Afridi gone, now Razzaq going to rescue Pakistan from South Africa crisis. A true match winner!

------------------------

Pic211_h.jpg

Hopefully Gilani will come to shave his hair, so he will able to focus the games.

19917318727620917121020.jpg

World Cup Semifinal proved us. He destroyed India ODIs/T20/Test but not World Cup lifetimes.

Back
Top Bottom