What's new

Shahed-136 - Tracking usage & expanding understanding.

Welp ... :unsure:
Atleast Ukrainians have free checkpoints to go out warm themselves for free, afterall Russians are hopefully considered enough to leave some extra fuel inside Shahed's tanks to burn a little longer in these crispy cold nights.

Looks like theres a new engine. MD275 instead of MDR208.

Attachments

• photo_2022-12-19_15-31-10.jpg
    photo_2022-12-19_15-31-10.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 35
  • photo_2022-12-19_15-31-11 (2).jpg
    photo_2022-12-19_15-31-11 (2).jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 38
  • photo_2022-12-19_15-31-11.jpg
    photo_2022-12-19_15-31-11.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 37
I hope the new engine does not affect the beautiful sound of this bird..... it just wouldn´t be the same without the moped roar.

If "Arash" drone is used it would be a good time for the UKis to prepare the white flag....what will come to them in the coming new year is unthinkable..Russian is gradually tightening the screws on them ..They should never have underestimated Russian power and Russian resolve ....But at least they know their Jew President made it to Time magazine "man of the year" award... that would warm up their hearts!..:undecided::undecided:

Iran should re-examine the warhead payload to fuel ratio on these drones. I feel like 1000km range is wasted seeing how Russia is hitting Kiev, which is just ~150km from the border.

The sweet spot should be 500km range with a 80kg warhead.

If "Arash" drone is used it would be a good time for the UKis to prepare the white flag....what will come to them in the coming new year is unthinkable..Russian is gradually tightening the screws on them ..They should never have underestimated Russian power and Russian resolve ....But at least they know their Jew President made it to Time magazine "man of the year" award... that would warm up their hearts!..:undecided::undecided:
Agreed.

It seems like Russia is now doing more serious air attacks due to an overall degradation of Ukraine air defense network- Arash 2s?/ whaaaat???? Ukraine has to break apart cuz of its stupidity to try to join NATO at Russia's disadvantage- Ukraine keeps losing many valuable men, and cant take another town since Kherson...and riding pick up trucks...Russia seems to be locking down the battlefield and adapting very quickly....forget NATO, they have no ammunition to enter the war with - big jokers.

Interesting catch🤔

Iran should re-examine the warhead payload to fuel ratio on these drones. I feel like 1000km range is wasted seeing how Russia is hitting Kiev, which is just ~150km from the border.

The sweet spot should be 500km range with a 80kg warhead.
System was designed to be a theater-wide system for the Middle East region. Anything less than 300km or so becomes quite limited considering the vast geography of the region, and largely empty space. I can see why Iran wanted this thing to be atleast 1000km minimum. If Russia will be producing these on their own, they can consider modifying the body to fit a bigger warhead but Ukraine is also a large country and they don't want to be limited by making the range shorter in exchange for payload I think.

Call me crazy but I think their is a smaller version of the Shahed-136 and a larger version.

Last edited:
@Dikoy @Nevsky

With Ukraine having access to AIM-120 which have a large stockpile from NATO nations, I don't see much reason for more Patriot AD aside from countering ballistic missiles. If allegations of Iran going to provide some SRBMs to Russia for use, this Patriot package may be the reason for it.

Some of us predicted this might happen, if Iran puts the weight of it's missile industry behind Russia & Russia continues its production missiles, Ukraine will be in deep shit without Patriots.

How many ready to fire missiles are their for a single Patriot battery at a time?
Apparently the answer is 32.
8 Launchers, with 4 missiles each in a typical battery, but they may not receive the full size battery. Hard to say for certain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom