What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

Never guessed you had this wicked streak in you.

Roza b lg jata ha bndy ko!!
Well again, i meant no disrespect and i get so rigid about the things i know for sure. That is why it was dragged that much.

Towed artillery are used in Areas like LOC and WB. The more light it is the more easy it would be
Its not like that bro. For this you need a pack howitzer unit. One that can be disassembled, carried in smaller pieces to the required area and assembled again very quickly. AH-4 don't offer that!

Not everything that glitters is gold my friend. AH-4 is a name known to everyone because it is a relatively new artillery system designed and built to be light weight. It is much like the titanium based M777 of USA. These guns are designed so that these can be carried by helicopters. In our case that is not practical so we really do not need to spend extra cash because of a feature we are not going to use!!

Agreed!
As said here as well:
Its not like that bro. For this you need a pack howitzer unit. One that can be disassembled, carried in smaller pieces to the required area and assembled again very quickly. AH-4 don't offer that!

Not everything that glitters is gold my friend. AH-4 is a name known to everyone because it is a relatively new artillery system designed and built to be light weight. It is much like the titanium based M777 of USA. These guns are designed so that these can be carried by helicopters. In our case that is not practical so we really do not need to spend extra cash because of a feature we are not going to use!!

Touch screen operated PCL-181/SH-15
215801htdi22ganaldydly.png

From what I've heard of the trials, due to the stability, its range is awesome. Plus it's mobility is also very good.

So why not go with all SH-1s then? Hmm.... could it be that an additional purchase would help round off the SH-1s already in service? And upgrade them to the new standard?

Or maybe one is heavier than the other (though the specs don't indicate this), and one may be suitable to a different terrain / requirement than another.

So why not go with all SH-1s then? Hmm.... could it be that an additional purchase would help round off the SH-1s already in service? And upgrade them to the new standard?

Or maybe one is heavier than the other (though the specs don't indicate this), and one may be suitable to a different terrain / requirement than another.

Actually there is a difference of opinion as to what PA is getting to. I am for SH-1, that SH-1 is being inducted by us. Let see.

hope they figured out how to get more barrel life out of the guns. Chinese vehicles aren't the most reliable in the world. The SH-1A would be mechanically simpler than the SH-15, which could make sense.

I personally would choose the SH-1A over the SH-15. This is because bringing down the suspension is inherently more complex and prone to breakdown than the simple and time tested mechanism of stabilizing the gun for the SH-1A.

Reminds me of the sophisticated cabin of LY-80 vehicle. That thing looks awesome at the night.
300 is a huge number, without license production... this purchase doesnt make much sense to me.

The main gun, barrel, FCS etc should be atleast produced in house... that would help our domestic industry tremendously..

Back
Top Bottom