What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

Never guessed you had this wicked streak in you.

upload_2020-5-6_17-17-34-jpeg.630132
We are getting SH1,SH2,SH15,T2-52,VN1,VT4,AH4 and everything else that we can get our hands on. Jokes aside hopefully we will get most in the above list.

Last edited:
We are getting SH1,SH2,SH15,T2-52,VN1,VT4,AH4 and everything else that we can get our hands on.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I feel sorry for you. You don't know how much fun you are missing. Go to the thread on A Homeland for Indian Muslims, and look at the knowledgeable contributions by Vegav and another Sanghi. Run.

Yeah, seems like SH2 was also evaluated. However, now i got some definite news regarding SH1-155. So, i strongly believe that SH1 will be coming. Lets see.

Maybe you mean the AH-1? It is somewhere between a towed and a self propelled howitzer with a motorized unit. http://www.military-today.com/artillery/pll_01.htm

One thing Khafee was right about way back a year ago is Pak-China strategic alliance is getting so close with these purchases that to the West, Pak may just be a Chinese province.

Maybe you mean the AH-1? It is somewhere between a towed and a self propelled howitzer with a motorized unit.

One thing Khafee was right about way back a year ago is Pak-China strategic alliance is getting so close with these purchases that to the West, Pak may just be a Chinese province.

No dear. I mean proper wheeled SP Artillery.

Maybe you mean the AH-1? It is somewhere between a towed and a self propelled howitzer with a motorized unit.

It was kind of bound to happen...

From Pak's side...due to the the American tilt towards India to counter China...making Pak/US relationship difficult(plus the whole Afghan war going on making the relationship more tense and complicated)...Pak needed another country to rely on for things like defense purchases...
...China was the natural choice

From China's side...due to the mounting pressure from the west...and a growing list of enemies(Japan, South Korea, India, Vietnam, Phillipines, US and by extension US allies like Australia)...China needs allies badly...as a counter balance...
North Korea kind of balances South Korea enough to keep focus away...Pak can divert India's attention and resources(not to mention the other importance...as in providing a backup route to the middle eastern oil in case sea routes in SCS are blocked).

If the west is realizing that now...I'm surprised it took them this long.

For 8x8 Europeans and Turks etc had better options.

I even thought we had our own Cavalier family of APCs

No dear. I mean proper wheeled SP Artillery.

I though SH1 has been with PA for a few of years in small number. While it is a solid artillery with great range and mobility but its accuracy has room to improve (possibly why it wasn’t inducted in PA in mass). When SH15 was rollout by NORINCO, its accuracy is a massive step up to SH1 and meets PA requirement.

Yup that is confirmed. I think it is SH 15 based on my discussions with some people. SH 2 makes some sense as well so might be true too but not aware of it. In fact, all this debate is going to make me check on this today. :)

But i do agree that around 250 new SPH will be coming inshallah and the number might go up if different platforms are sought!

SH15, like the VT4, successfully completed winter trials in 2019.​

Hi Panzerkiel only difference I see is one lowers its chassis for stability while the other is more conventional like the CAESAR. Wonder if this could be to speed up production due to urgency of the purchase.

From what I've heard of the trials, due to the stability, its range is awesome. Plus it's mobility is also very good.

Generally, Pack Howitzers are used in mountains since everything, even Light Artillery Guns cannot be towed everywhere. Pack Howitzers can be dis-assembled, loaded on mules in pieces and can taken everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom