What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

If they have deployed it in Arunachal, then it's there against a specific threat which is not Pakistan.

Its just doesn't seem right that you deploy those guns in Arunachal during peace so that you can deploy them in an entirely new area against a new threat during war. They'll stay there.

Afterall, Pakistan Army is not the only threat they are facing.

Yes India has many enemies, Bangladesh, nepal, Pakistan, China, Maldives, Sri Lanka... except Bhutan and Burma. Does India get along with anyone?

I would always ask
Should india deploy M777 in Kashmir? If yes, why?

My focus of concern is, just because it is basically light, doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to Kashmir. It's other characteristics make it equally potent for plains and deserts as well.

Yes, Sir, and no, Sir. It was very specifically meant for our longest frontier and our strongest opponent, and for a situation where more than 90% of the frontier topography is mountain terrain. Compare that to our frontiers with Pakistan, and you will readily get the point; only the stretch Leh to Akhnoor is mountain terrain (if you will permit, for the moment, a keeping aside of the dim-witted idea of putting guns on top of peaks in Sindh).

If you look at the options, and you look at a mix of ultra-light (M777), light (105 mm), medium (130 mm), heavy (FH77, Dhanush) and very heavy (ATAGS), where would you put the ultra-light, and where would you put the increasingly heavier pieces?

Yes India has many enemies, Bangladesh, nepal, Pakistan, China, Maldives, Sri Lanka... except Bhutan and Burma. Does India get along with anyone?

No.

We are doomed.

End of discussion.

I am looking for a suicide option. Or an Artillery DF task on my location. BBDPICM ammo.

At this point, you are requested to hand over your shoe-laces.

Plus, please note that we rarely use artillery at LoC for reasons stated before. Whether wheeled or towed, these are the two main reasons these guns see limited action on LoC from our side:
  1. Artillery fire is considered as a major violation/provocation. Will be rarely used in peace time to hit targets across LoC.
  2. Pakistan is at a disadvantage that on other side of the border there still are our Muslim Kashmiri Brothers. We cannot go for extensive bombardment as Indians usually do. That is why you see us using mortars and precision attack munitions/ATGMs etc to target Indian forces across LoC.
On point # 2 i agree we are at a disadvantage, however as far as point 1 is concerned i say screw them and start pounding them with whatever we have got shot of missiles. If artillery is considered provocation i say let it be. With an RSS fascist in India, there is hardly any incentive for Pakistan to hold back. Gloves should come off.

Agreed.
Need to work on towed artillery now.

What is maximum range of Excalibur shell which India have purchased? It is said that its very capable mutation.

range of Excalibur shell
Excalibur was developed as a longer-ranged alternative to conventional artillery shells, with GPS guidance for improved accuracy. Excalibur has a range of approximately 40 to 57 kilometres (25 to 35 mi) depending on configuration, with a circular error probable (CEP) of around 5 metres (16 ft) to 20 metres (66 ft).

What is maximum range of Excalibur shell which India have purchased? It is said that its very capable mutation.

44 miles bro according to independent analysts.

https://www.militaryaerospace.com/sensors/article/14173279/smart-munitions-artillery-gpsguided

The new smart munitions weapon in development, called Extended Range Cannon Artillery, not only preserves the GPS-guided precision attack options of the Excalibur ammunition, but also extends attack ranges from roughly 19 miles to almost 44 miles.

Like someone said, delay the storms.

Just to make you guys feel better, our SH2 is coming with a greater range than we expect, exact I'll not specify. Knock knock.....
Ok please hold on. Have we procured both sh15 (155mm) and sh2 (122mm) OR Sh2 is an upgrade of sh15 (both 155mm) which we will be getting OR only sh15 (155mm) is coming for now and sh2 (122mm) is for later?
@Arsalan

Ok please hold on. Have we procured both sh15 (155mm) and sh2 (122mm) OR Sh2 is an upgrade of sh15 (both 155mm) which we will be getting OR only sh15 (155mm) is coming for now and sh2 (122mm) is for later?
@Arsalan

Hmmm... I think neither of the options you presented.

Pakistan along with SH 15 should procure AH 4 from China. We need Towed Artillery Guns for LOC

images (87).jpeg

Back
Top Bottom