What's new

Featured SH15 Artillery in Pakistan

Soch hai aap ki. Trials were excellent.
Sir so you are saying they bwon't be used in LOC and Working Boundary?

Again, wheeled Artillery does have advantages, but try to understand the logistics. If a vehicle is there, there ought to have vehicle workshops as well to repair or maintain them, no one will like them to go to Gilgit, we will need a number of workshops up close to the LOC for quick on spot maintenance.

You may find a great deal of similarity between SH2 and D30.
We already have D30s

I have said this before as well. SPH is not being bought with these areas in mind.

We already have D30s

Wont that be nice, that your ammo problem is automatically solved, since you are already manufacturing ammo of 122mm.

This ammo interoperability was the prime reason for rejection of a good platform like G6.

Soch hai aap ki. Trials were excellent.
Boss i know they were. I know that this was that OTHER reason these got approved for procurement and that those desert trials were the reason Nora B-52 had to be brought AGAIN for second trials. In fact, once we started the trials, the authorities were sort of in awe of how great these were performing and it was during those years that a decision was made based on detailed discussion that WHEELED SPH will serve as well and different reasons were provided in its favor. Including the option/provision to be used in mountains. Tracked SPH is NOT POSSIBLE there for us sir!

@PanzerKiel can you confirm/deny this:
It can be used there. But if you are asking how likely it is to see these in extensive action across LoC then my answer is not very likely, not very often. There are more than one reasons for this.
  1. Artillery fire is considered as a major violation/provocation. Will be rarely used in peace time to hit targets across LoC.
  2. Pakistan is at a disadvantage that on other side of the border there still are our Muslim Kashmiri Brothers. We cannot go for extensive bombardment as Indians usually do. That is why you see us using mortars and precision attack munitions/ATGMs etc to target Indian forces across LoC.

I have said this before as well. SPH is not being bought with these areas in mind.

Wont that be nice, that your ammo problem is automatically solved, since you are already manufacturing ammo of 122mm.

This ammo interoperability was the prime reason for rejection of a good platform like G6.

@Arsalan

Ok But I wish we match in quality compared to Indian ones at LOC. Also if they are going to be used across IB than why not use Artillery ko long range to suppress enemy? India is getting K9s with 40+km range

Ok But I wish we match in quality compared to Indian ones at LOC. Also if they are going to be used across IB than why not use Artillery ko long range to suppress enemy? India is getting K9s with 40+km range

You are reaching towards something which is highly classified as of now. Kudos to you. :bunny:. I'll not comment on this. :cheers:

Standardization is being sought after for some years now with an aim to standardize to 155mm.
Though i wont mind a few 105mm or 122mm light weight guns but then again, who am i to decide? :)

Bahi dont go into these details!

Plus, please note that we rarely use artillery at LoC for reasons stated before. Whether wheeled or towed, these are the two main reasons these guns see limited action on LoC from our side:
  1. Artillery fire is considered as a major violation/provocation. Will be rarely used in peace time to hit targets across LoC.
  2. Pakistan is at a disadvantage that on other side of the border there still are our Muslim Kashmiri Brothers. We cannot go for extensive bombardment as Indians usually do. That is why you see us using mortars and precision attack munitions/ATGMs etc to target Indian forces across LoC.
You are reaching towards something which is highly classified as of now. Kudos to you. :bunny:. I'll not comment on this. :cheers:
:lol:

Sir since you are aware of the trials in such details, may i ask if you were part of 87th med art or 9th med art by any chance? :)

Standardization is being sought after for some years now with an aim to standardize to 155mm.
Though i wont mind a few 105mm or 122mm light weight guns but then again, who am i to decide? :)

Again. The role.
Every task does not require 155. Something which can be neutralised by 122, you won't like an over kill with 155.
Mission accomplished with a smaller gun, smaller ammo, less weight. Again, it all depends upon what exactly is being required at the moment.

At army level, before deciding on options, we finalize the requirement instead of the platform. Like I want to do this..... Then you see which all platforms fulfill that criteria.

Sir since you are aware of the trials in such details, may i ask if you were part of 87th med art or 9th med art by any chance? :)

Dear, you don't have to be part of something in order to know if it. By that definition, PDF should only include military members. :p:

Again. The role.
Every task does not require 155. Something which can be neutralised by 122, you won't like an over kill with 155.
Mission accomplished with a smaller gun, smaller ammo, less weight. Again, it all depends upon what exactly is being required at the moment.
True. That is why i said that i wont mind 122mm or 105mm. At least one of them along with 155mm which is procured as standard.

At army level, before deciding on options, we finalize the requirement instead of the platform. Like I want to do this..... Then you see which all platforms fulfill that criteria.
hahaha, i know. I also realized what i typed is not in order and will result in such a response but roza laga hua ha, was tired to correct it. But if you can correct the order of that comment, i stand by it. Wheeled SPH when considered were checked for pros and i am aware that the ability to use them in mountains where we cannot use the already standard tracked SPH was an important factor whey we decided to evaluate the options.

Anyway, lets agree to disagree boss. There are many things we do agree on and i will take that. :)

I hope you haven't mind me arguing like this. I don't unless i am sure of something.

Dear, you don't have to be part of something in order to know if it. By that definition, PDF should only include military members. :p:
Oh no no,, just asking boss. :) I am not part of any of it but here i am, being certain about things i know for sure.

True. That is why i said that i wont mind 122mm or 105mm. At least one of them along with 155mm which is procured as standard.

hahaha, i know. I also realized what i typed is not in order and will result in such a response but roza laga hua ha, was tired to correct it. But if you can correct the order of that comment, i stand by it. Wheeled SPH when considered were checked for pros and i am aware that the ability to use them in mountains where we cannot use the already standard tracked SPH was an important factor whey we decided to evaluate the options.

Anyway, lets agree to disagree boss. There are many things we do agree on and i will take that. :)

I hope you haven't mind me arguing like this. I don't unless i am sure of something.

Oh no no,, just asking boss. :) I am not part of any of it but here i am, being certain about things i know for sure.

Why should I mind dear. Factual and logical discussion is what I like.

I do not disagree on the utility of wheeled Artillery in mountains.
My point is, that this current procurement is for a specific area, for a specific role. Area is not mountains. You always like your firepower focused on that area where you expect the enemy's main effort.

.... And it reminds me...

Why should I mind someone who happens to be a SENIOR MODERATOR.

.... And it reminds me...

Why should I mind someone who happens to be a SENIOR MODERATOR.
oh come one!!
Thats a duty! :-)

Webby ny kaam lagaya hua ha humain!! :lol:

Anyway, it was good discussion all this with you. :tup:
And i am grateful that you cleared up that we are not buying both T5-52 and SH-15 as an earlier post might have looked like. That would have wrecked havoc on the forum boss, you have no idea!!

oh come one!!
Thats a duty! :-)

Webby ny kaam lagaya hua ha humain!! :lol:

Anyway, it was good discussion all this with you. :tup:
And i am grateful that you cleared up that we are not buying both T5-52 and SH-15 as an earlier post might have looked like. That would have wrecked havoc on the forum boss, you have no idea!!

Acutely, havoc on the other side of the line is intended.

Buying both T5-52 and SH-15 is too unbelievable...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom