What's new

Separatists in Kashmir offer to help rebuild temples

shukla_swapnil

Reaction score
Enough of bricking at each other, Here is some constructive news

Srinagar, Apr 1 (ANI): Separatists in Kashmir have offered to help rebuild and renovate temples damaged during the near two decades militancy. Yasin Malik, chairman of the Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front Muhammad, said that a committee could be formed for the purpose, stressing that it should be “apolitical”.

“We have asked them to initiate a non-political committee. We will provide them with whatever help they need to renovate the temples. The committee will comprise people related to civil societies, intellectuals, students, Kashmiri pandits and it must be non-political,” Malik said during a visit to a photo exhibition here on the deteriorating state of temples.

Kashmiri Hindus, or Pandits as they are locally called, say that soon after their mass exodus when an armed insurgency broke in 1989, successive State Governments have neglected their places of worship.

With some of the temples burnt by the separatist in early nineties, the rest of these historical temples are in shambles as there are no caretakers.

“It took us two years to collect these photographs. We wanted to show these pictures to the Kashmiri society before approaching the State Government or the Central Government,” said Sanjay Tikoo, President, Pandit Sangharsh Samiti.

More than 300,000 Kashmiri Hindus were earlier present in the state, but now only 3,000 have been left behind.

The Kashmiri Hindus say that there are more than 565 temples in Kashmir valley and some of them are more than 3,000 years old. (ANI)

Separatists in Kashmir offer to help rebuild temples

Thanks to Pakistan constantly backing terrorists creating havoc in the valley, we can now actually see an upsurge in patriotism towards India.

Thanks to Pakistan constantly backing terrorists creating havoc in the valley, we can now actually see an upsurge in patriotism towards India.

It may be more to do with growing violence of terrorism & talibanisation inside pakistan which making separatists rethink their strategy.

Yes, let us know when that 'surge in patriotism' is strong enough to hold a plebiscite.

Till then it's just empty rhetoric.

PS: Pakistan supports the legitimate right of the Kashmiris to struggle for self determination and freedom from Indian occupation, not terrorism.

That said, its an excellent move by the JKLF - kudos to them for recognizing that places of worship have no bearing on the struggle for freedom, and that they should be reconstructed.

I'll bet the population prefers independence to either Pakistan or India. The problem is, would Pakistan really keep its paws off Kashmir rather than drag it, kicking and screaming, into the orbit of Pakistani-sponsored militants? I doubt the Kashmiris want to become another Swat or Afghanistan.

Yes, let us know when that 'surge in patriotism' is strong enough to hold a plebiscite.

Till then it's just empty rhetoric.
We will. But do let us know when Pakistan is pulling all her tribesmen from P0K.

Till then it's just useless finger pointing.

PS: Pakistan supports the legitimate right of the Kashmiris to struggle for self determination and freedom from Indian occupation, not terrorism.
Does Pakistan support P0K Kashmiri's, right to self-rule ?

That said, its an excellent move by the JKLF - kudos to them for recognizing that places of worship have no bearing on the struggle for freedom, and that they should be reconstructed.
Agreed, although, I would like to call it a "gesture" rather than a "move".

I'll bet the population prefers independence to either Pakistan or India. The problem is, would Pakistan really keep its paws off Kashmir rather than drag it, kicking and screaming, into the orbit of Pakistani-sponsored militants? I doubt the Kashmiris want to become another Swat or Afghanistan.

This is a non sequitur.

Pakistan, as did India, supported the Taliban/NA in Afghanistan to gain a strategic advantage against the other.

That drive to gain an advantage was fueled by the existing hostility between India and Pakistan, primarily due to Kashmir. Pakistan's position has been in favor of a plebiscite for the Kashmiris, and any move in that direction would be a move to end a long standing dispute in a manner that is acceptable to Pakistan.

Your Afghan analogy will therefore not apply since the Afghan intervention was driven by the conflict over Kashmir which woudl then be resolved.

Your Swat analogy does not apply (in the case of Kashmir choosing independence) since it will be the Kashmiri government that shall have to decide whether or not to quell a Taliban uprising in Kashmir (if they have one), and not Pakistan.

Last edited:
Ahh yes, I still have to reply to your last post in the other thread.
We will. But do let us know when Pakistan is pulling all her tribesmen from P0K.

Till then it's just useless finger pointing.
When India decides that the UNSC resolutions are the means of resolution for the dispute, provided it can be shown that the tribesmen still inhabit the area in large numbers. Till then unilateral implementation of the resolutions does not accomplish anything.

Does Pakistan support P0K Kashmiri's, right to self-rule ?
We support implementation of the UNSC resolutions - do they offer self rule? One interpretation of the 1948 UN resolution does leave the possibility of the third option open, and I believe of late Pakistan has expressed openness to that idea.

Alternate proposals that have been 'out of the box' have been articulated by various Pakistani leaders and analysts.

Last edited:

Never in the history of Pakistan did anyone from Pakistan's Azad Kashmir protest and demand independence from Pakistan. The same can't be said about Indian Occupied Kashmir.

You, my friend, dont know what you're talking about.

Never in the history of Pakistan did anyone from Pakistan's Azad Kashmir protest and demand independence from Pakistan. The same can't be said about Indian Occupied Kashmir.
A good point. Yet the wishes of the Kashmiris today may not be the same as those of sixty years back. The sooner the referendum occurs the better. Why Pakistan loses sight of pursuing this in favor of other priorities I don't know.

Last edited:
A good point. Yet the wishes of the Kashmiris today may not be the same as those of sixty years back. The sooner the referendum occurs the better. Why Pakistan loses sight of pursuing this in favor of other priorities I don't know.

Pakistan always took the side of Kashmiris and still do. Pakistan want Kashmiris to decide their future...almost all Pakistanis want Kashmiris themselves to decide their future.

A plebiscite should take place that was promised to them in 1948 and if Indians are so happy today thinking Kashmiris are patriotic Indians then let Kashmiris be allowed the right for a plebiscite that was promised to them in 1948. I'm sure they'll chose India if they so want to be Indians and love India more than anything :agree:

Plain politics...
They want to suck up to Hindus by playing the secularism card. Now they, at least a faction of the separatists, are more and more trying to separate Kashmiri separatism from religion. Let us see how far they can succeed.

When India decides that the UNSC resolutions are the means of resolution for the dispute, provided it can be shown that the tribesmen still inhabit the area in large numbers. Till then unilateral implementation of the resolutions does not accomplish anything.

We support implementation of the UNSC resolutions - do they offer self rule? One interpretation of the 1948 UN resolution does leave the possibility of the third option open, and I believe of late Pakistan has expressed openness to that idea.

Alternate proposals that have been 'out of the box' have been articulated by various Pakistani leaders and analysts.
Well, plebiscite is as per UNSC resolutions, which also requires Pakistan to do that teeny-tiny thing before plebiscite is even considered.

So everytime you sing "plebiscite", we get to strum that "get-your-hands-off-P0K-first" guitar. Its a duet, you see.

60 yrs after the conflict, it is very difficult to tell a Pak tribesman from an autochthonous kashmiri. That's what makes application of UNSC resolutions, a near impossibility, particularly for Pakistan.

If the key clause, to which everything else is tied, can't be applied - not in the least because India doesn't want those to be applied, but because of the physical impossibility - then the UNSC resolutions, as it is, become useless.

Where was Yasin Malik at the time of Amarnath SAGA?

Where was Yasin Malik when Militiants were killing and raping Hindus in Kashmir Valley?

Have Yasin Malik ever visited to the Hindu refugee camps of those who have fled out of Kashmir due to the militiants?

This is nothing but plain politics with Sajjad Lone trying to contest Lok Sabha elections news like this are no wonder to me.

GB

Behold Indians... stop.. think... remember history...

Jinnah promiced equal treatments to all minorities in Pakistan. Big words. Foul promices.

Result: 25% minorities in 1947. 2-3% in 2008. By hook or crook. By concersion or elimination.

This Kasmiri Jehadis are the same breed.

Back
Top Bottom