What's new

Second batch of J-10B

Minor differences in appearance。Yes,J-10C has got a much better radar。

121014p0apwbnomgslsark.jpg.thumb.jpg

Which radar it uses? AESA?

Which radar it uses? AESA?

j-10B already uses AESA. and the j-10c has many people confused as to what exactly is its purpose, a internal upgrade? then why even have the j-10B? an export version of j-10B? no one has a definitive answer because in the end we cant look inside to plane.

j-10B already uses AESA. and the j-10c has many people confused as to what exactly is its purpose, a internal upgrade? then why even have the j-10B? an export version of j-10B? no one has a definitive answer because in the end we cant look inside to plane.

J-10C suppose to be the first true multi role of J-10 series fighter capable of conducting a wide variety of mission that included air to ground attack. But the visual, hardly any physical changes.

Then how do you know that the B uses an AESA? Isn't it an estimate as well? Most reports switched between AESA and PESA, just like it was estimated that the B will come with the indigenous engine, but that seems to be up to the C now. So why can't the B not have the normal KJ 10, or a PESA radar first, while the AESA will be added with the C too?

Then how do you know that the B uses an AESA? Isn't it an estimate as well? Most reports switched between AESA and PESA, just like it was estimated that the B will come with the indigenous engine, but that seems to be up to the C now. So why can't the B not have the normal KJ 10, or a PESA radar first, while the AESA will be added with the C too?
Indian members will understand that when Chinese say they must do.
J-10B production pics, Okay? (Some old leaked pics from CAC factory) Let more ppl to know the truth.

I think J-10B using AESA radar, Yes it is.
No doubt, Chinese has the money and advanced technology to develop AESA radar and install it on China J-10B fighter.:coffee:
13904294594_203880981c_o.jpg

13903878905_5f2060857b_o.jpg

13903878985_b246a34090_o.jpg

Last edited:

this is china we're talking about. there are no absolutes, except when CCTV finally makes a documentary, which probably wont happen for years and years

but best guess atm is that it is indeed aesa, there's that famous pic saying that j-10B has the gen1 aesa

furthermore, none of the credible(key word here) rumors ever say that the j-10B was ever suppose to have indigenous engines right at the start, it was always said that it will have it in later batches, just like how none of us really expect the j-20 to have the ws-15 right at the start. and since it looks likely that j10-B is really an interim solution until j10-C is ready, it appears that "later batches" is in fact first batch of j-10c

and the reason j-10B dont have the KJ-10 or pesa is because the gen 1 aesa is ready.

but best guess atm is that it is indeed aesa, there's that famous pic saying that j-10B has the gen1 aesa

That's the point! So far there are only guesses based on pics at max, no credible confirmations on specs of the new upgrade, of it's techs, nor the performance changes to J10A.
I asked here for even basic weight specs of the J10B, but didn't get any answer, simply by the fact that nobody knows.
It was "expected" that it will have reduced weight and a higher thrust engine, but at least the increased thrust didn't happend for the B (btw, there were several reports in the J10 thread of the PAF section, that talked about the Chinese engine being included in the offer of J10B). I know the pics with the radar too, but the pic doesn't tell you if it's an AESA or PESA, as you can see at the Rafale AESA and PESA for example, let alone tells us anything about the capability of the radar. I don't doubt that an AESA could be integrated, but there are still simply far too much "estimates" on the B and now we start directly going to more speculations on the C. When we don't know if the B has an AESA and what's it's performance is, how can anybody say that the C will have radar improvements? If we don't know how much composites were added to the B, how can anybody say that weight was reduced? What thrust improvement were achived by using the DSI to direct the airflow?

it looks likely that j10-B is really an interim solution until j10-C is ready

That's what I believe as well and my hopes on the C upgrade with new engine and hopefully CFTs are much higher than what the B offers so far on improvements, but all these speculations doesn't tell us what the fighter really can, or how good or bad the upgrade is right?[/quote]

That's the point! So far there are only guesses based on pics at max, no credible confirmations on specs of the new upgrade, of it's techs, nor the performance changes to J10A.
I asked here for even basic weight specs of the J10B, but didn't get any answer, simply by the fact that nobody knows.
It was "expected" that it will have reduced weight and a higher thrust engine, but at least the increased thrust didn't happend for the B (btw, there were several reports in the J10 thread of the PAF section, that talked about the Chinese engine being included in the offer of J10B). I know the pics with the radar too, but the pic doesn't tell you if it's an AESA or PESA, as you can see at the Rafale AESA and PESA for example, let alone tells us anything about the capability of the radar. I don't doubt that an AESA could be integrated, but there are still simply far too much "estimates" on the B and now we start directly going to more speculations on the C. When we don't know if the B has an AESA and what's it's performance is, how can anybody say that the C will have radar improvements? If we don't know how much composites were added to the B, how can anybody say that weight was reduced? What thrust improvement were achived by using the DSI to direct the airflow?

That's what I believe as well and my hopes on the C upgrade with new engine and hopefully CFTs are much higher than what the B offers so far on improvements, but all these speculations doesn't tell us what the fighter really can, or how good or bad the upgrade is right?

Actually, the AESA on the aircraft was confirmed by papers released by the institution that developed it and also by insiders.

Concrete proof that “201” is indeed the first prototype of J-10C:

215017llnkweypffqeumll.jpg

Why?Just look at the crowd!:coffee::enjoy:
No, I believe it was just a Pakistan version of j-10b, or so called FC20. That's why the series number is 201, which refer to FC20. It was not possible to role out a j10c while j10b had just finish the test.

Last edited:
No, I believe it was just a Pakistan version of j-10b, or so called FC20. That's why the series number is 201, which refer to FC20. It was not possible to role out a j10c while j10b had just finish the test.

J-10Bs are being mass-produced,with the assembled already numbering 20 plus。

“201” is J-10C's 1st prototype,hence the lack of 202、203 etc for now while 103X may soon see the light of day。

Time will prove you wrong。:azn:

PS People are generally too much focused on the appearance of a plane while ignoring the internals of same。

Indian members will understand that when Chinese say they must do.
J-10B production pics, Okay? (Some old leaked pics from CAC factory) Let more ppl to know the truth.

I think J-10B using AESA radar, Yes it is.
No doubt, Chinese has the money and advanced technology to develop AESA radar and install it on China J-10B fighter.:coffee:
13904294594_203880981c_o.jpg

13903878905_5f2060857b_o.jpg

13903878985_b246a34090_o.jpg

I had told you before that I am sure J-10B and J-10BS is in production. Also heard that J-10C is test flying.... Can you share pictures of J-10C.

I had told you before that I am sure J-10B and J-10BS is in production. Also heard that J-10C is test flying.... Can you share pictures of J-10C.
Can't, coz i confused by J-10B and J-10C they looks same for me.

I think that it is safer for us to call the so called "J10C" as the next batch of J10B for now. Because look at the difference between J-10A and J-10B; they are different. Means that J-10B is the next gen of J-10 series. But J-10C doesn't look like the next gen of J-10B. It is almost identical. Even with better avionic, radar, or other internal wares, they are basically the improved version of J-10B. Not the next generation of J-10 series.

Back
Top Bottom