What's new

Scheduled Tribes’ Students Can Get Admission In IIM-A By Not Attempting Any Question In CAT

And all these reservations go to the 'creamy layer' who don't even deserve any reservation.

I believe they need it. I guess just being in IIM this guy will learn lot and hopefully his future family will not need any QUOTA.

They amount of suffering and anguish these people have gone through is immeasurable and irreversible. Giving them Quot is not even enough.

Am from general class too.
Half my life has been wasted in studying alone.

The other half will be spent in a lot of pressure,thats the general fucking category for u right here
You are a medical student.Your pain just cant be explained in words and these hindugy(read Chuti** guy) type of people are vouching for more reservartions.I feel really sorry for Medical students.
I mean you have a only a few thousands seats(bw 1500 and 2000?) and 7 to 8 lakhs peopple are giving exams for that.Also if you even get selected 90% of chance you will get a bogus branch which has no scope in future.I feel really sorry for medical students.

You are a medical student.Your pain just cant be explained in words and these hindugy(read Chuti** guy) type of people are vouching for more reservartions.I feel really sorry for Medical students.
I mean you have a only a few thousands seats(bw 1500 and 2000?) and 7 to 8 lakhs peopple are giving exams for that.Also if you even get selected 90% of chance you will get a bogus branch which has no scope in future.I feel really sorry for medical students.

We are fucked like no other in india.
Max study and min reward afterwards.

For pg preparation we have 19 fucking subjects to cover!

Ppl suggesting more reservations haven't given any exams it seems.half of these pussies are nri's who just paid money and got the seat and now they want to preach us:mad:

I cdon't think the news is accurate. Look at the nos. they range from 94 to 38 (drops to 38 in one year). I think this is photoshop gone out of control.

I believe they need it. I guess just being in IIM this guy will learn lot and hopefully his future family will not need any QUOTA.

They amount of suffering and anguish these people have gone through is immeasurable and irreversible. Giving them Quot is not even enough.
Are you out of your mind?

Listen, the past was wrong but we cannot weigh the country's future on past grievances. I understand that there were gross injustices done to them during olden times but that doesn't mean the nation has to suffer another bout of inefficient and lazy bummers just for the cost of past grudges.

Reservations should be banned and specifically so for these types of tribe, region, caste, religion based criteria.

If it is for the differently abled, war widows or economically backwards then the education should be free WITHOUT a guarantee of a seat so that they WORK towards getting them.

Your analogy is the same as what Europe is doing madly; focusing on appeasing all minorities because they had a racist past. What is past is past and therefore that cannot be changed.

But for an equal, meritocratic and stable india, we need to change the way we go forward.

We want development and that can be achieved only through merit, innovations, technology, better quality of knowledge and education and better application of knowledge that India is generally poor in.

Not the bloody goddamn reservations.

In a reply to an RTI inquiry, it was found that the cut off for ST candidates for getting admission into IIM Ahmedabad for the 2013-15 batch was 38.34 percentile. If you don’t attempt any answers in your CAT paper, your score is roughly 55 percentile.

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad is arguably one of the top management colleges in the country. Every year, more than a hundred thousand students appear for the Common Admission Test (CAT) and it is a well-known fact that for most of these people, IIM-A would be their dream institute.

In the year 2013, 1.73 lakh students appeared for CAT. Now while we all know that CAT has negative marking, the shocking part is that in the yaer 2013, over 95,000 of test takers got zero or negative marks!

IIM Ahmedabad being one of the best colleges, you would assume their cut offs to be amongst the highest and you would be right. The cut offs are generally never declared but they are public knowledge, so you can file an RTI and ask them what the cut offs were. A good samaritan named Mr Deepak Mehta filed it and got a reply as well.

Here is what he got. (Click image to expand.)

The difference between the cut off for a general category student and a ST category student in 2013 is 59.94 percentile! In addition to that, the RTI response is evidential of the fact that the difference has been increasing almost every year.

Is it right to compromise on quality to such an extent? What will be the consequences of having students who are at two different ends of the spectrum in the same class? Imagine the plight of the student who scored 98.27!

If you think this is unjust and to a large extent horrifying then the next revelation will probably make you cry.

What percentile do you think a student would score if s/he did not attempt even one answer on their CAT paper?

55 percentile.

You heard that right!

It means that a student who has ST reservation will get a call from the best management college in the country just for showing up for the entrance exam and stating his/her name.

“A score of ‘0’ in QA and DI equals 53.61 percentile and the same in VA and LR puts a candidate on 57.23 percentile. The overall percentile for a candidate scoring zero in both the section is 55.46 percentile.” [Ref. 1]

A copy of the original score card of the candidate who did not attempt any answers can be found here.

Reservation was started for a purpose. The purpose was to level the playing field. The purpose of keeping the reservation rule has changed. We are continuing with it now because it gets politicians votes. If a politician decides to speak against it, s/he is destined to lose elections.

Is that what we have become? Are we so conditioned to getting handouts that we will protest the cancellation of handouts even if they are doing more harm than good?

What about other institutes like IIM Ahmedabad? Is this how they are treated for building a reputation and working hard to have high standards?

Scheduled Tribes' Students Can Get Admission In IIM-A By Not Attempting Any Question In CAT - Youth Connect

@jaibi @Oscar @Jaanbaz @Marshmallow @levina @Sidak @Joe Shearer @ExtraOdinary @Roybot @jarves @Ravi Nair @Dillinger @Indischer @DRAY @scorpionx @Manvantaratruti @GURU DUTT @Imran Khan @chak de INDIA @45'22' @SpArK @kurup @Guynextdoor2 @Prometheus @third eye @Kloitra @he-man @Android and others
:what::what::what:

Are you out of your mind?

Listen, the past was wrong but we cannot weigh the country's future on past grievances. I understand that there were gross injustices done to them during olden times but that doesn't mean the nation has to suffer another bout of inefficient and lazy bummers just for the cost of past grudges.

Reservations should be banned and specifically so for these types of tribe, region, caste, religion based criteria.

If it is for the differently abled, war widows or economically backwards then the education should be free WITHOUT a guarantee of a seat so that they WORK towards getting them.

Your analogy is the same as what Europe is doing madly; focusing on appeasing all minorities because they had a racist past. What is past is past and therefore that cannot be changed.

But for an equal, meritocratic and stable india, we need to change the way we go forward.

We want development and that can be achieved only through merit, innovations, technology, better quality of knowledge and education and better application of knowledge that India is generally poor in.

Not the bloody goddamn reservations.

I am totally with you on this , But fact of the matter is these people will always remain poor and illiterate if we as a society will not help the walk the line. I have many ST friends and i can tell you the situation is improving due to reservation.

Not only EU but in brazil they have same system very much closer to our system and its working. I just don't see any other system will work . If you give them money , they are just gonna waste it. The only way to bring them in mainstream is to bring them in all respected fields .

In my opinion It's not appeasement , its our duty to help them . And yes i am against reservation of OBC class.

@hinduguy Reservation based on poverty will fail to take off at institutions like the IIMs. Primarily because, any bank will give a study loan to a student if he has cracked the CAT+gd+pi. In fact, this is the case to most top institutes.

Now, to the question of reservation. Have a minimum cut off for the reserved category. Not based on percentile. If that is not met, then fill it with people from general category. But, there will need to be people of reserved category who do not require such a classification. This can be filtered, by having the income level of parents.

@hinduguy Reservation based on poverty will fail to take off at institutions like the IIMs. Primarily because, any bank will give a study loan to a student if he has cracked the CAT+gd+pi. In fact, this is the case to most top institutes.

Now, to the question of reservation. Have a minimum cut off for the reserved category. Not based on percentile. If that is not met, then fill it with people from general category. But, there will need to be people of reserved category who do not require such a classification. This can be filtered, by having the income level of parents.
well I want to ask, why is IIM so special? Its pretty ordinary by world standard, so trust me we are not losing anything.
Study loan is very easy to get if you get seat in any IIMs , I know that, but there is no need to make a special case for IIM.

well I want to ask, why is IIM so special? Its pretty ordinary by world standard, so trust me we are not losing anything.
Study loan is very easy to get if you get seat in any IIMs , I know that, but there is no need to make a special case for IIM.

The problem is iit's and institutes like aiims,pgi and jipmer

there is no problem. :p:
U are a very naive poster I must say.

Or u are not even in the science stream to make out what I am saying.

No offence,if u are in science stream pls don't mind

Back
Top Bottom