What's new

Scheduled Tribes’ Students Can Get Admission In IIM-A By Not Attempting Any Question In CAT

those who enjoyed the caste system are suffering due to their bad karma got from their ancestors..
If past crimes matter so much today, then Gyanpapi Mosque can also be destroyed. By that logic today's Muslims in India can be cut down for crimes done over the last few centuries. Dalits should kill some Jats. In that case Chinese should invade Japan. By that logic India should invade Britain and take their crown jewel and so on.

@hinduguy - I am all for reservation based on economic status alone. Money does not differentiate between the rich and the poor, the forward or backward. In case of so called backward classes a cap on a time frame should be kept. Also the reservations should never extend beyond the creamy layer. Now what do we see?

It's mostly the urban and affluent so called brats getting in these reserved seats and leaving halfway - in institutions like IITs and IIMs.

The ones who need education still linger on in the remotest corners of the country - deprived of the most basic education - let alone graduate level studies.

Reservation comes in when you have failed completely to provide the basic requirements to the population. Then you need to prioritize, chose one over the other. Incidentally so called upper castes are numerically inferior, so the reservation system continues for petty votebank politics.

And I don't believe even Narendra Modi can do much about it. If he does, he would be one of the ablest statesmen of all times. Time will tell.

If past crimes matter so much today, then Gyanpapi Mosque can also be destroyed. By that logic today's Muslims in India can be cut down for crimes done over the last few centuries. Dalits should kill some Jats. In that case Chinese should invade Japan. By that logic India should invade Britain and take their crown jewel and so on.

@hinduguy - I am all for reservation based on economic status alone. Money does not differentiate between the rich and the poor, the forward or backward. In case of so called backward classes a cap on a time frame should be kept. Also the reservations should never extend beyond the creamy layer. Now what do we see?

It's mostly the urban and affluent so called brats getting in these reserved seats and leaving halfway - in institutions like IITs and IIMs.

The ones who need education still linger on in the remotest corners of the country - deprived of the most basic education - let alone graduate level studies.

Reservation comes in when you have failed completely to provide the basic requirements to the population. Then you need to prioritize, chose one over the other. Incidentally so called upper castes are numerically inferior, so the reservation system continues for petty votebank politics.

And I don't believe even Narendra Modi can do much about it. If he does, he would be one of the ablest statesmen of all times. Time will tell.
I agree no reservation at all will be the fairest system of it all, but there is huge inequality in India. There is no way a guy can compete with somebody who is 20 meter ahead in a 100 meter race, you suggesting give them same shoes and other equipment simply does not create a level playing field.

Secondly I again agree in principle that poverty based affirmative action is fairer. But India simply does not have data to know who is poor who is rich. You cant give reservation to 80 percent people, that will make reservation meaningless.
BTW same people who bitch about reservation based on caste will cry when govt gives cheap rice to dirt poor familes. (corruption corruption they will cry).

And yes, creamy layer should be introduced for st/scs too (if not already introduced). I have seen a lot of tribals/scs who were not only poorer than me but completely lived in different world that we cant imagine, benefit from it. So I am all for it. Not for infinite time but for now.

I agree no reservation at all will be the fairest system of it all, but there is huge inequality in India. There is no way a guy can compete with somebody who is 20 meter ahead in a 100 meter race, you bitching about give them same shoes and other equipment simply does not create a level playing field.

Secondly I again agree in principle that poverty based affirmative action is fairer. But India simply does not have data to know who is poor who is rich. You cant give reservation to 80 percent people, that will make reservation meaningless.
BTW same people who bitch about reservation based on caste will cry when govt gives cheap rice to dirt poor familes. (corruption corruption they will cry).

And yes, creamy layer should be introduced for st/scs too (if not already introduced). I have seen a lot of tribals/scs who were not only poorer than me but completely lived in different world that we cant imagine, benefit from it. So I am all for it. Not for infinite time but for now.
For no reservation to happen, the entire population needs to be reach a minimum threshold of human development. That is not done. To remedy this an intensive program of social welfare needs to be undertaken. That's hard work. Unfortunately it's much easier to just get votes by offering giveaways.

Secondly India has data to know who is rich and poor (Census), but shies from doing what is necessary. Touch choices my friend :(

If reservation has to be given it should be on the basic necessities of life not on premier educational institutes. For such top places the only concern should be merit, otherwise no use calling them elite in the first place.

The race analogy is a very simplistic one. Even then my suggestion is this - allow the one lagging to catch up for some time. In India what we have done is we have given those who are lagging infinite time, but with no shoes at all. the basic requirements of reaching the level of IIT or IIM is not in place. If reservations are to be provided they should be for poor 'lower classes'. That too the priority should go to their basic upbringing first - basic health - education upto graduation etc. Then comes the question of qualifying for IIT and IIMs.

if this shitty rule wasnt there i might b sitting in National Institute of Technology(NIT) right now......:suicide2:..many of my friends who score almost equal marks as i did....and who live as comfortably as i do are sitting in 3X better coleges than me...just because they were SC/ST:pleasantry:

IMO quota should b based upon financial conditions+ capability......what do u think a guy with 0 attempt in IIM.....duh!!

Last edited:
For no reservation to happen, the entire population needs to be reach a minimum threshold of human development. That is not done. To remedy this an intensive program of social welfare needs to be undertaken. That's hard work. Unfortunately it's much easier to just get votes by offering giveaways.

Secondly India has data to know who is rich and poor (Census), but shies from doing what is necessary. Touch choices my friend :(

If reservation has to be given it should be on the basic necessities of life not on premier educational institutes. For such top places the only concern should be merit, otherwise no use calling them elite in the first place.

The race analogy is a very simplistic one. Even then my suggestion is this - allow the one lagging to catch up for some time. In India what we have done is we have given those who are lagging infinite time, but with no shoes at all. the basic requirements of reaching the level of IIT or IIM is not in place. If reservations are to be provided they should be for poor 'lower classes'. That too the priority should go to their basic upbringing first - basic health - education upto graduation etc. Then comes the question of qualifying for IIT and IIMs.
IITs and IIMs are not exactly elite. you should know the type of spoonfeeding coaching classes that has mushroomed everywhere who trains your kids from 9th class. Parents spend lakhs of rupees on it.
The instis hate coaching classes but still cant do anything about it.

And seriously they are not doing any high tech research. In real life though, anybody can become anything most of the time and the country is not exactly losing talent or anything.
Would you be happier if the number of general seats kept same (say 1000) and seats increased to accommodate researved candidate?
The reservtion is done at every level, but govt law says it guarantees primary and secondary education for all. So only extraa benefit of reservation one gets is at tertiary education level and in jobs.
The amount of money to spend to bring tribals and dalits upto speed is going to be mind boggling, India cant afford it. For now, just continue with 35 kg of rice (and a 25 billion dollar bill). :p:

Got this from India today story on same topic "Scheduled tribes minimum mark was 83 per cent for 2010-12 batch to 80 per cent (2011-13) and 60 per cent (2012-14) and to finally 38.34 per cent " ,This shows a steep decline in minimum marks and our government claims they are empowering tribals and weaker sections in society ...

In a reply to an RTI inquiry, it was found that the cut off for ST candidates for getting admission into IIM Ahmedabad for the 2013-15 batch was 38.34 percentile. If you don’t attempt any answers in your CAT paper, your score is roughly 55 percentile.
and rahul baba said gujarat mein RTI nai hai :rofl:

But this does'nt change anything.
Few years ago a case is filed in Supreme Court by ST/SC IIT students who got seat in reservation .
There problem is they dont get any favour from IIT and so they cant pass a single exam in IIT Btech course.Most of them leave their IIT education.Factor is due to high quality in IIT these pupils dont get pass mark.So they filed a case in SC.
Cheif Justice of that time is Justice KG Balakrishnan.He ruled out any concession for pass marks from SC .And he also told these students dont have any quality for studying in IIT.

General Category:cray:(upper class )

What about you?
Yeah i am also in general category.

Today reservation has nothing to do with affirmative action. It is pure vote bank politics.

Yeah i am also in general category.

Am from general class too.
Half my life has been wasted in studying alone.

The other half will be spent in a lot of pressure,thats the general fucking category for u right here

IITs and IIMs are not exactly elite. you should know the type of spoonfeeding coaching classes that has mushroomed everywhere who trains your kids from 9th class. Parents spend lakhs of rupees on it.
The instis hate coaching classes but still cant do anything about it.

And seriously they are not doing any high tech research. In real life though, anybody can become anything most of the time and the country is not exactly losing talent or anything.
Would you be happier if the number of general seats kept same (say 1000) and seats increased to accommodate researved candidate?
The reservtion is done at every level, but govt law says it guarantees primary and secondary education for all. So only extraa benefit of reservation one gets is at tertiary education level and in jobs.
The amount of money to spend to bring tribals and dalits upto speed is going to be mind boggling, India cant afford it. For now, just continue with 35 kg of rice (and a 25 billion dollar bill). :p:

The only stream where real studying is involved and actual work being done in india is medical.

For engineering we lack any infrastructure to do anything meaningful and u can ask any iit'an or nit'an how much do they study during their graduation.

Most probably they will start laughing at this question.

The good students among them leave india and other ones left clear the iim to get a management degree and thus a desk job that totally wastes their 4 year btech study.

Exceptions exist,some stellar students do work hard and are making mark but these guys are far and few.majority of them move out for the want of good job.

Reservation is for greater good of India, Brahamanical imperialism is the biggest threat to humanity

Reservation is for greater good of India, Brahamanical imperialism is the biggest threat to humanity

pagett.jpg

1. My education is mostly over. I intend to do Masters soon, but it's not entirely personal.

2. Government claims many things. If they had given proper education to everyone, people from all strata would have climed the HDI index :D But you know :ashamed:

3. See - told you, it's damn difficult. But I like to believe it's possible. That should be our objective. Not some short term stop gap measure. One analogy is like this - instead of giving a man a fish it's better to teach how to fish in the first place. :P

and rahul baba said gujarat mein RTI nai hai
Rahul baba says many things. RTI is a Central subject. He must have confused with Lokayukta (even there he would be wrong) had he said so.

And here comes Satishchandra - the 'legitimate ruler of India' :hitwall: He is the biggest of all Indian trolls dead or alive.

Back
Top Bottom