What's new

Scheduled Tribes’ Students Can Get Admission In IIM-A By Not Attempting Any Question In CAT

This is beyond pathetic , I really hope Modi comes to power and cancels every god damn thing , this institutionalized caste system has to go . Am tired of being Abused so much by the government ...

my blood is boiling right now ... I swear ill do something stupid if this goes on ...

not sure why it has gone so low in last two years, its an anomaly, and no real argument against reservation.
reservation for weaker section as an idea is very good, but somehow it got diluted to accomodate everybody.

In practice reservation based on caste is a terrible idea, especially in higher education and certainly at places like IIM. You have to be a graduate to even apply for IIM. Now why does a graduate need special reservation? Hasn't he already got enough education to apply on merit? Even among the backward classes, generally people who are already well off avail these benefits which beats the whole purpose of reservation.

In practice reservation based on caste is a terrible idea, especially in higher education and certainly at places like IIM. You have to be a graduate to even apply for IIM. Now why does a graduate need special reservation? Hasn't he already got enough education to apply on merit? Even among the backward classes, generally people who are already well off avail these benefits which beats the whole purpose of reservation.
it was necessary so that weaker section get fair chance to get into all the institutions/jobs that otherwise difficult to get into due to inherent backwardness they are born into.
Due to proliferation of coaching classes, where people are ready to spend thousands to get into these institutions, those who cant afford are still disadvantaged (even after graduation). And due to complete lack of reliable data on income level, caste is a fairly good indicator and should be use for affirmative action, even in this case.

it was necessary so that weaker section get fair chance to get into all the institutions/jobs that otherwise difficult to get into due to inherent backwardness they are born into.
Due to proliferation of coaching classes, where people are ready to spend thousands to get into these institutions, those who cant afford are still disadvantaged (even after graduation). And due to complete lack of reliable data on income level, caste is a fairly good indicator and should be use for affirmative action, even in this case.

And how has that helped? We have had reservation for a long time now. Do you have data to show that it has actually helped the lower castes? It is about time they did a thorough assessment of the whole system. No one asks the question-- does it really work? My experience tells me that most people who come to these places of higher education on reserved category don't really need it on economic grounds. It is easier to just have a caste based reservation. But why not have a strong tax regime and enforce it properly so that we have reliable data on income level. If that's not feasible why not extend reservations to everyone who is below poverty line. Why do you assume that everyone who is not in a reserved category can afford to take coaching classes and go to these places? I am sure there are millions who can't. Isn't it a huge social injustice to them?

Reserve seats and special economic and educational uplift should only be for Indian Muslims, who are far behind in India due to discrimination, and anti-Muslim bigotry.

they are suffering because India is secular... we need blasphemy laws to kill each other , we also need religious purity by eliminating wrong sects.. then we will lift up to Pakistani level of development

And how has that helped? We have had reservation for a long time now. Do you have data to show that it has actually helped the lower castes? It is about time they did a thorough assessment of the whole system. No one asks the question-- does it really work? My experience tells me that most people who come to these places of higher education on reserved category don't really need it on economic grounds. It is easier to just have a caste based reservation. But why not have a strong tax regime and enforce it properly so that we have reliable data on income level. If that's not feasible why not extend reservations to everyone who is below poverty line. Why do you assume that everyone who is not in a reserved category can afford to take coaching classes and go to these places? I am sure there are millions who can't. Isn't it a huge social injustice to them?
extending reservation to everybody who is bpl will defeat the whole purpose by diluting the whole pool with everybody. Vast majority of Indian can claim to be bpl, look at how bpl card gets distributed. :p:
otherwise poverty is much better parameter, I agree with that.
Already reservation business has been made highly political and undeserving castes are included using political pressure.
And yes there should be a review of how things are working but why do we need to stop it when review is going on.

Btw do you support reservation based on poverty now? why?

1011589_756597884351895_561642581_n.jpg

Is this for real??! What exactly are the reservations promoting here, if not pure incompetence? Are they trying to suggest that from all of India, one cannot even find a thousand brilliant Dalit/SC/ST candidates fit enough to join the IIMs? This is more of a direct slap on the face of SC/STs than anyone else.

And Yes, **** RESERVATIONS.

Meritocarcy and Subalternity have never mixed well. There is no sure way to satisfy all the parties and even for me, as a victim of such a system, it's tough to digest the policies which might make sense on the community/nation level but are an injustice for the individual.

those who enjoyed the caste system are suffering due to their bad karma got from their ancestors..

However, like mine, sadly many tiny communities come under OCs, or end up CREAMY-OBCs and end up without any reservations...

We should focus on their sufferings alone,
karma will get back on the evil and hopefully they suffer the same as their ancestors made SC , ST peopl suffer for centuries

We should focus on their sufferings alone,
karma will get back on the evil and hopefully they suffer the same as their ancestors made SC , ST peopl suffer for centuries

we suffer for wrongdoing of our ancestors??? what kind of stupid logic is that???

However, like mine, sadly many tiny communities come under OCs, or end up CREAMY-OBCs and end up without any reservations...

So if you are creamy layer, why do you need reservation? Are you too stupid to get admission on merit? I have a friend who is OBC and both of his parents were professors. He used to apply in the general category.

Btw do you support reservation based on poverty now? why?

Because I believe the current system does no good to anyone and it is institutionalized discrimination against a significant section of the society--- poor people without reservation. I would like to see a study how reservation has actually helped the ST/SC communities. As I said before I am very doubtful it has. All my life I have only seen already well off people taking advantage of it.

Last edited:
Disgusting,destroying our education system.First of all the reservation percentage should be reduced,no more than 15-20% max.Second it should not be based on any caste/creed discrimination.i have many well to do people get freebies due to this.It should be solely on that student and his families financial capacity.Students with low financial ability AND belonging to scheduled caste should be eligible,not generalized discriminatory politics.

Back
Top Bottom