What's new

Scheduled Tribes’ Students Can Get Admission In IIM-A By Not Attempting Any Question In CAT

About me:
I am the first engineer in my society where i live and now everyone got the ambition that yes they can also learn which they never imagine of.So this has uplift my family lifestyle in 3rd generation after independance in some sensible way.

Hats off.
Go and pat your back young man.You deserve it.

I know that you are a corporate trainer - Busss wahaan Chai aur Biscuit khaneiii aaap pohanch jatiii haiiin !
!
And I eat @Marshmallow zzz too.:lol:

I belong from SC caste...Considering u r all aware of how dalit were treated in hindu culture and how Dr. ambedkar shows us a new path. when u change yr religion nobody gives u money or home that was the condition of my grandfather coz as per the rule in hindu religion we are never allowed to keep such things so we never had economical nor emotional support. So what u do when yr country is independent and you want all your ppl to contribute in nation development?....I believe Reservation was one of the good thing that happened that time though it had and will have some negative impact on society but u can clearly see the difference that the one who for 1000yrs were never allowed to be touch are not part of society and contributing to the nation building.

About me:
My grandfather didn't go to school(u now know why)..my dad did only 3rd standard and i am now engineer just because we can afford that because of reservation. I am the first engineer in my society where i live and now everyone got the ambition that yes they can also learn which they never imagine of.So this has uplift my family lifestyle in 3rd generation after independance in some sensible way.

What i will do:
Now i want my kid to educate more than me....i won't take advantage of reservation just because i now find myself capable to allow my kid to compete with general students.

What society need to do:
Society need to understand the pain they have gone through. Not everyone is benefited by this coz still lack of awareness. When we want to represent India on international level don't forget it includes each citizen. Don't try to spread hatred..coz begger knows the value of money....so do we know the value of reservation.

I love every religion of India and i don't do this racism which you can cross confirm from my previous posts.
I hope you will take this in good spirit. This discussion will never end had lot of talk shows on this..so for sake let this topic go.
@levina @SarthakGanguly @chak de INDIA @scorpionx @IND151 and rest all.

Bhai mere . . like you said Now you are capable of building your career and a good future which i'm sure you will. but we are talking about the people who are more deserving yet they get no chance just because of this faulty reservation system.

i hope 3-4 generations are more than enough to get on the right track if you have a will. ( its evident in your case and i'm not talking away the credit and the struggle your family have gone through). but keeping it as a status quo will hurt us in a long run.

i hope almost everyone who falls under reservation have atleast 2-3 generations got benefitted from this. which is enough to uplift your financial status.

now its time to abolish caste based reservation and keep reservation on the basis of financial status only. let the poors get reservation irrespective of their caste creed or religion. let the deserving people get the best things. :)

P.S- Engineer hi hain sab yaha pe . . koi meri tarah artist type nahi hai :(:(:(

I belong from SC caste...Considering u r all aware of how dalit were treated in hindu culture and how Dr. ambedkar shows us a new path. when u change yr religion nobody gives u money or home that was the condition of my grandfather coz as per the rule in hindu religion we are never allowed to keep such things so we never had economical nor emotional support. So what u do when yr country is independent and you want all your ppl to contribute in nation development?....I believe Reservation was one of the good thing that happened that time though it had and will have some negative impact on society but u can clearly see the difference that the one who for 1000yrs were never allowed to be touch are not part of society and contributing to the nation building.

About me:
My grandfather didn't go to school(u now know why)..my dad did only 3rd standard and i am now engineer just because we can afford that because of reservation. I am the first engineer in my society where i live and now everyone got the ambition that yes they can also learn which they never imagine of.So this has uplift my family lifestyle in 3rd generation after independance in some sensible way.

What i will do:
Now i want my kid to educate more than me....i won't take advantage of reservation just because i now find myself capable to allow my kid to compete with general students.

What society need to do:
Society need to understand the pain they have gone through. Not everyone is benefited by this coz still lack of awareness. When we want to represent India on international level don't forget it includes each citizen. Don't try to spread hatred..coz begger knows the value of money....so do we know the value of reservation.

I love every religion of India and i don't do this racism which you can cross confirm from my previous posts.
I hope you will take this in good spirit. This discussion will never end had lot of talk shows on this..so for sake let this topic go.
@levina @SarthakGanguly @chak de INDIA @scorpionx @IND151 and rest all.
One of the best and most relevant posts in this thread. I was waiting for some strong argument like yours.

1. My Grandfather died due to malnutrition. My grandmother was killed and dumped in the Jhelum. Point is higher castes were not necessarily rich and affluent. Your grandfather did not study primarily because of poverty. A reservation in IIT or IIM would not have made him complete education. I am all for reservation on the basic of economic standing.

2. There is no caste based discrimination in the Hindu religion. Culture - yes. If you have to blame the religion, quote the verses and we can discuss. But that is not what this thread is about.

3. This is called blackmailing. I need you to understand and recognize this. It's like since some Brahmins or Kshatriyas kept the Dalits downtrodden let's keep their great grandchildren deprived in return. Is that smart?

4. You have become an engineer. Congratulations to you. In the initial period of our country's independence reservation was deemed necessary by Dr. Ambedkar. He never wanted to perpetuate this for ever - he proposed keeping a cap of exactly 20 years. We are nearing 70 now. So no, you are not exactly following his diktats. You are reaping benefits. I have no problem about that. But this benefit comes at the expense of others. Recognize that as well.\

5. You say your child will not take the advantage of reservation. That is very very noble of you. But most would not do anything like that. It is much easier to get a caste certificate and make life easier. If you are able to resist the temptation - congratulation, you have my regards.

6. Society is not an unitary entity. It is highly fragmented. The pain that you are talking about is also felt by the millions of so called poor high caste people. Or do you discount them because some of their ancestors may have helped perpetuate the caste system in the paste? Do you have any idea how many non Dalit people die due to abject poverty? Laws like these are passed to consolidate votebanks and this is quite evident here are well. Pointing it out is not hate mongering but a dictate of rationality.

7. Your loving all religions or not loving them has no significance in this issue. A good talker and no doer has much less importance than a person who abuses Islam all day but donates all his money to a madrasah for education purposes. If you want to see it from your POV, I know it is advantageous. I mean think about it - you practically won't have to study at all to get into IIM A. All the while a general student will have to do better than 99.97% of other students to secure their place.

8. Please don't take this post as rude. And I have taken yours in absolutely good spirit. But the crux of your argument is dangerous and even ironically racist. It's like let's kill 100,000 Muslims and forcefully convert them in Moplah region because Tipu Sultan did it back in time. It's like India can invade Britain to right past wrongs. If tit for tat is the way to go - I rest my case.

Please do remember that this guy's great grandchildren will continue to be considered 'backward' according to law.

ls-polls-sushil-kumar-shinde-files-nomination-for-solarpur-seat_250314050656.jpg

While this guy's sons will never make it anywhere.
sagar_brahmin200-d2fe1ffd07a69284164aaff9e77fbacf00974b27-s6-c30.jpg

If you look up your Grandfather's condition in his time, you find the latter picture resembles him more than the former, inspite of the so called caste differences.

9. Finally this helps continue the caste system. Will you give your daughter's hand to some high caste guy? You will think a thousand times before that.
Hunger, poverty and lack of education transcends across caste/religious/national boundaries. A poor Brahmin feels that pain as much as any other.

@nair @Dillinger @AUSTERLITZ @Chinese-Dragon@levina @Roybot @SpArK @Ravi Nair and others.

Last edited:

Most students who come in from reservation find it extremely tough to compete in the elite institutes of India. I am of the opinion that, give lee way and make the entrance criteria lower to acceptable limits, if required. So if the general category has a 99% requirement, make it 90% for the reserved. But, if 90% is not achieved make it available to open category.

Bhai mere . . like you said Now you are capable of building your career and a good future which i'm sure you will. but we are talking about the people who are more deserving yet they get no chance just because of this faulty reservation system.

i hope 3-4 generations are more than enough to get on the right track if you have a will. ( its evident in your case and i'm not talking away the credit and the struggle your family have gone through). but keeping it as a status quo will hurt us in a long run.

i hope almost everyone who falls under reservation have atleast 2-3 generations got benefitted from this. which is enough to uplift your financial status.

now its time to abolish caste based reservation and keep reservation on the basis of financial status only. let the poors get reservation irrespective of their caste creed or religion. let the deserving people get the best things. :)

P.S- Engineer hi hain sab yaha pe . . koi meri tarah artist type nahi hai :(:(:(
yes bro...completely agree....i already mention that caste based reservation will have bad impact in society in future but believe me 3-4 generation r not enough..it's very hard to find yourself when you lost yr identity for centuries...that's why u can see the seats vacant because of lack of awareness.it was never faulty reservation system that time but every system has to change or update itself with the time which can manage all ppl sentiment and equal opportunity in mind. Afterall it's not the same India it use to be before British empire.

One of the best and most relevant posts in this thread. I was waiting for some strong argument like yours.

1. My Grandfather died due to malnutrition. My grandmother was killed and dumped in the Jhelum. Point is higher castes were not necessarily rich and affluent. Your grandfather did not study primarily because of poverty. A reservation in IIT or IIM would not have made him complete education. I am all for reservation on the basic of economic standing.

2. There is no caste based discrimination in the Hindu religion. Culture - yes. If you have to blame the religion, quote the verses and we can discuss. But that is not what this thread is about.

3. This is called blackmailing. I need you to understand and recognize this. It's like since some Brahmins or Kshatriyas kept the Dalits downtrodden let's keep their great grandchildren deprived in return. Is that smart?

4. You have become an engineer. Congratulations to you. In the initial period of our country's independence reservation was deemed necessary by Dr. Ambedkar. He never wanted to perpetuate this for ever - he proposed keeping a cap of exactly 20 years. We are nearing 70 now. So no, you are not exactly following his diktats. You are reaping benefits. I have no problem about that. But this benefit comes at the expense of others. Recognize that as well.\

5. You say your child will not take the advantage of reservation. That is very very noble of you. But most would not do anything like that. It is much easier to get a caste certificate and make life easier. If you are able to resist the temptation - congratulation, you have my regards.

6. Society is not an unitary entity. It is highly fragmented. The pain that you are talking about is also felt by the millions of so called poor high caste people. Or do you discount them because some of their ancestors may have helped perpetuate the caste system in the paste? Do you have any idea how many non Dalit people die due to abject poverty? Laws like these are passed to consolidate votebanks and this is quite evident here are well. Pointing it out is not hate mongering but a dictate of rationality.

7. Your loving all religions or not loving them has no significance in this issue. A good talker and no doer has much less importance than a person who abuses Islam all day but donates all his money to a madrasah for education purposes. If you want to see it from your POV, I know it is advantageous. I mean think about it - you practically won't have to study at all to get into IIM A. All the while a general student will have to do better than 99.97% of other students to secure their place.

8. Please don't take this post as rude. And I have taken yours in absolutely good spirit. But the crux of your argument is dangerous and even ironically racist. It's like let's kill 100,000 Muslims and forcefully convert them in Moplah region because Tipu Sultan did it back in time. It's like India can invade Britain to right past wrongs. If tit for tat is the way to go - I rest my case.

Please do remember that this guy's great grandchildren will continue to be considered 'backward' according to law.

ls-polls-sushil-kumar-shinde-files-nomination-for-solarpur-seat_250314050656.jpg

While this guy's sons will never make it anywhere.
sagar_brahmin200-d2fe1ffd07a69284164aaff9e77fbacf00974b27-s6-c30.jpg

If you look up your Grandfather's condition in his time, you find the latter picture resembles him more than the former, inspite of the so called caste differences.

9. Finally this helps continue the caste system. Will you give your daughter's hand to some high caste guy? You will think a thousand times before that.
Hunger, poverty and lack of education transcends across caste/religious/national boundaries. A poor Brahmin feels that pain as much as any other.

@nair @Dillinger @AUSTERLITZ @Chinese-Dragon@levina @Roybot @SpArK @Ravi Nair and others.
I guess you didn't understand my point......and yes i included that respect for all religion coz i do and i don't want ppl to misunderstood my statement as you did. I never wanted anyone to take revenge all i said is that time may be all brahmin was not rich but all dalits were poor(don't make it brahmin vs dalit point) i am sick of it.......It is very sad to see that you are going personal in this issue....Meanwhile i will apologies if my last post pretended toward communal hatred and revenge to you...never wanted and never want.
just posted my views more discussion will drag us somewhere else.Rest you can read post #125 for my views on current condition.

Hats off.
Go and pat your back young man.You deserve it.
:super::super:

Last edited:
I guess you didn't understand my point......and yes i included that respect for all religion coz i do and i don't want ppl to misunderstood my statement as you did. I never wanted anyone to take revenge all i said is that time may be all brahmin was not rich but all dalits were poor(don't make it brahmin vs dalit point) i am sick of it.......It is very sad to see that you are going personal in this issue....Meanwhile i will apologies if my last post pretended toward communal hatred and revenge to you...never wanted and never want.
just posted my views more discussion will drag us somewhere else.Rest you can read post #125 for my views on current condition.

:super::super:
All is well. :D Nothing personal there, my education is pretty much over :whistle:

Most students who come in from reservation find it extremely tough to compete in the elite institutes of India. I am of the opinion that, give lee way and make the entrance criteria lower to acceptable limits, if required. So if the general category has a 99% requirement, make it 90% for the reserved. But, if 90% is not achieved make it available to open category.
You should be shot for making that suggestion. Now where is Shinde's police when you need it? :D

I am all for reservation on the basic of economic standing.

It is gracious indeed to be concerned about students who're poor. But their problem can also be solved with the help of scholarships and financial assistance.
So sorry I am still against the reservation system.

@Sam Manekshaw

In the name of social justice merit is being squeezed in this country.
Frankly in my country I am treated like a tertiary citizen , one fact that dawned on me during the counseling days to my engg college.
Students with Domicile got the first preference then Kashmiris and SC/ST students .Finally if any seats were left it got allotted to other state students.
Now thats not as if these students were brighter than the other states students.I thought that given the opportunity these guys would study hard and try to do justice to the reservation system. But I was hugely mistaken. They never did seem to study. And.... They were from filthy rich families.So how justified is this system??
Unfortunately for me I didnt even have a domicile of the state that i belonged to,as my dad was in the army and his transfers made sure that I was never a resident of my state for the minimum required period.
So these are the reasons why I am vehemently against the reservation system.

SarthakGanguly said:
Why did you call this guy?? Is he an Indian export to China??? :devil:
(Joking :enjoy:)

Percentile is not the only criterea that IIM A looks for admission.

Acadamic record ,leadership roles and experience count too.

It is gracious indeed to be concerned about students who're poor. But their problem can also be solved with the help of scholarships and financial assistance.
So sorry I am still against the reservation system.

@Sam Manekshaw

Frankly in my country I am treated like a tertiary citizen , one fact that dawned on me during the counseling days to my engg college.
Students with Domicile got the first preference then Kashmiris and SC/ST students .Finally if any seats were left it got allotted to other state students.
Now thats not as if these students were brighter than the other states students.I thought that given the opportunity these guys would study hard and try to do justice to the reservation system. But I was hugely mistaken. They never did seem to study. And.... They were from filthy rich families.So how justified is this system??
Unfortunately for me I didnt even have a domicile of the state that i belonged to,as my dad was in the army and his transfers made sure that I was never a resident of my state for the minimum required period.

Why did you call this guy?? Is he an Indian export to China??? :devil:
(Joking :enjoy:)
So am I. And yes - scholarships are the best options. But then for making the suggestion you are sentenced to 3 years of imprisonment. :D
I like Dragons :devil:

So am I. And yes - scholarships are the best options.
You're contradicting yourself :coffee:
You said you support reservation for financially backward classes,while I said I am against all sorts of reservation but the financially backward students should be given scholarships and financial aids.
You're the OP of this thread and if dont stick to what you said earlier you will be banned from your own thread :D

SarthakGanguly said:
But then for making the suggestion you are sentenced to 3 years of imprisonment. :D

MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:p:

SarthakGanguly said:
I like Dragons :devil:
Dragons are scary and breathe fire.... i am not sure if I like them.But this one is a sober one so I am fine with our @Chinese-Dragon :lol:

Btw whats wrong with my FONTS??:undecided:

You're contradicting yourself :coffee:
You said you support reservation for financially backward classes,while I said I am against all sorts of reservation but the financially backward students should be given scholarships and financial aids.
You're the OP of this thread and if dont stick to what you said earlier you will be banned from your own thread :D

MEHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:p:

Dragons are scary and breathe fire.... i am not sure if I like them.But this one is a sober one so I am fine with our @Chinese-Dragon :lol:

Btw whats wrong with my FONTS??:undecided:
Not really. If reservations are provided they can be based on economic reasons. Poverty means more than what it means in the rest of the world. Sure scholarships will remove the need for that. I need to study a few test cases, honestly this simple idea never came to me before.

I am slowly hijacking your system. Its called Heartbleed, not difficult. Slowly your entire PC will be mine.

Not really. If reservations are provided they can be based on economic reasons. Poverty means more than what it means in the rest of the world. Sure scholarships will remove the need for that. I need to study a few test cases, honestly this simple idea never came to me before.
We'll talk once you're done with your case studies.:coffee:

SarthakGanguly said:
I am slowly hijacking your system. Its called Heartbleed, not difficult. Slowly your entire PC will be mine.
Dont remind me of heartbleed.:hitwall:
Recently we all were asked to change our passwords (passwords to all our emails and social networking sites).And my password include alphanumeric characters too and I ended messing up my passwords big time. :hitwall::hitwall:

We'll talk once you're done with your case studies.:coffee:

Dont remind me of heartbleed.:hitwall:
Recently we all were asked to change our passwords (passwords to all our emails and social networking sites).And my password include alphanumeric characters too and I ended messing up my passwords big time. :hitwall::hitwall:
:ashamed: That's me :D

Se your fonts changed here too :yay:

Mohtarma the only reason you didn't get one of the allotted seats was because you were dumber than a dodo bird ! :whistle:

Khair jokes aside, here in Pakistan : Some of the Private Universities have a National Outreach program where students from underprivileged backgrounds and underdeveloped areas with good academic records are academically further groomed, given financial aid in lieu for on-campus constructive activities (my friend was supposed to spend 'x' number of hours in the Library helping the Librarian in his free-time) and are supposed to go through the same rigors as other students are with continued financial aid liked with their academic performances in each semester ! :)

Back
Top Bottom