What's new

Sayyids in The Indian Sub-Continent

Please this thread is meant for discussing Sayyids in subcontinent. Please have a pleasant discussion.

Let me correct you people...

Sayyids are Actual people from decedents but it don't make them Angels nor is there any guarantee that these people "All" would enter Jannah without being questioned by Allah. [only those to whom Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H gave basharat]

There are good and bad sayyids and normal people [current day] their status should not be elevated to make them chosen people.

Next the concept of sunni-shia-barelvi-salafi-wahabi and a long list came some 200+ Years after Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H.

The only thing in The Glorious Qur'an and Hadith is to call one self "Muslim" and from "Islam" NOT shia from jafri and NOT sunni from Hanafi or Shafia or whatever...

Last edited:
which genetic studies? do you know about the Bukhari Sayyids? They make up half the population of Punjabi Sayyids today.

Are they fake?

Are you trying to say that members of one family from Arabia multiplied to become 20-30 million in just 56 odd breeding Cycles.:o::o::o:

Even rats breed at far lower rate than this, and for humans death rate , and infant mortality and sepsis before advent of modern medicine was so high that human population remained stable at 1 billion level till 1800's.

Seriously are you people so delusional, or you do not understand how human reproduction works?

In reality most of people claiming Syyed ancestry are fake.

That is not an inaccuracy lol that is the very real trend. A trend that is breaking now but begrudgingly.

Since Syyeds claim to be descendant of one family some 1400 year ago, it would be most inbred group in human history carrying defect in all 44 chromosomes.

Are you trying to say that members of one family from Arabia multiplied to become 20-30 million in just 56 odd breeding Cycles.:o::o::o:

Even rats breed at far lower rate than this, and for humans death rate , and infant mortality and sepsis before advent of modern medicine was so high that human population remained stable at 1 billion level till 1800's.

Seriously are you people so delusional, or you do not understand how human reproduction works?

In reality most of people claiming Syyed ancestry are fake.

KingMamba said: ↑

That is not an inaccuracy lol that is the very real trend. A trend that is breaking now but begrudgingly.

Since Syyeds claim to be descendant of one family some 1400 year ago, it would be most inbred group in human history carrying defect in all 44 chromosomes.

There is no trend as Syeds only marrying Syeds. Syed women and non-Syed men have married for a long time.

I agree that infant mortality was high. You should also read how wars also kept human population lower. Read about Genghiz Khan and how he killed people during his conquests. Also read about how Native Americans died because of plagues when Spanish reached Americas.

Last edited:
no, vast majority of the Sayyids in Punjab are Sunni, all over from Potohar to Central Punjab and South Punjab

I am talking about Sayyids among Sunnis.

In central punjab syed is synonymous with shia, which mean majority syed in central punjab are shias.

You are deeply misinformed.. Wikipedia is not a reliable source. If you're not misinformed then you're just spreading hate, in which case this thread should be closed and deleted.

Wikipedia is a good source. Have you seen how wikipedia prevents any attempt to make changes in articles. Please read about it. Wikipedia has good algorithms and good sources to provide good knowledge.

Next the concept of sunni-shia-barelvi-salafi-wahabi and a long list came some 200+ Years after Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H.

Man Shia were followers of Hazrat Ali and were called Shiane Ali.

Please do not talk about Shia Sunni. Keep to the topic please.

Last edited:
Wikipedia is a good source. Have you seen how wikipedia prevents any attempt to make changes in articles. Please read about it. Wikipedia has good algorithms and good sources to provide good knowledge.

Man Shia were followers of Hazrat Ali and were called Shiane Ali. Please do not talk about Shia Sunni. Keep to the topic please.

I would use all platform to tell the The Message of Qur'an and Hadith...

shia are followers of Ali R.A but Ali .R.A and his family are unaware of it as They have always and forever followed Muhammad P.B.U.H.

But ok i'll give concession and won't derail further.

I would use all platform to tell the The Message of Qur'an and Hadith...
shia are followers of Ali R.A but Ali .R.A and his family are unaware of it as They have always and forever followed Muhammad P.B.U.H.
But ok i'll give concession and won't derail further.

Shias were followers of Hazrat Ali in his life time. Read about it. And thanks, lets keep to the topic.

The Questions in your grave will be:
Q1) Who is your Lord?
Q2) What was your deen?
Q3) Who is this person? You will be shown a glimpse of the Prophet PBUH.
Allah Almighty knows best.

Depending upon how you spent your life you will answer these questions. I'm a Syed myself, but being a Syed wont mean anything. No brownie points, no extra credit, no nothing! Same treatment for everyone.

What one should strive for is to increase their spirituality to such a level in this world, that Allah Almighty blesses you, and you get to see the Prophet PBUH in a good dream.

Hopefully we can close this thread before it get out of hand.

@Aeronaut @Jungibaaz @WebMaster @Manticore @Emmie Can we please close this thread before it turns into a sectarian issue? Thank You!!

Lol obviously not. Syed claim one lineage however they do marry outside, thats why Syeds in places like East Asia will look East Asian, in Africa they are black and in South Asia a darker shade of brown.

Depending upon how you spent your life you will answer these questions. I'm a Syed myself, but being a Syed wont mean anything. No brownie points, no extra credit, no nothing! Same treatment for everyone.

No one is asking for special treatment. All are created equal.

@Sherlock Holmes

You are right it happens but then children are not Syeds instead they can use title Mirza or Amir and female equivalent.

Shias were followers of Hazrat Ali in his life time. Read about it. And thanks, lets keep to the topic.
Which ones? The ones he burned alive?
Shias didn't follow Hazart Ali, in his life not after his death. His sons were guarding the Son in Law of the Prophet PBUH when he was murdered. Yet today Shias curse the same Son in Law.

Now more Shia - Sunni talk. Stop derailing the thread.

No one is asking of special treatment. All are created equal.

Why are you getting offensive?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom