What's new

Sayyids in The Indian Sub-Continent

Complete hoccuss pocus if you ask me; working is good for soul; ask them to go and volunteer to cook and serve in a soup kitchen. Will make them a better person or spend days at orphanages either gardening with the children or helping teach them maths.
Sorry but I dont get this notion of entitlement. Every person needs to contribute to upliftment of society. God will judge you for your deeds you did not what your forefathers did.

But this is a big money making industry in the sub continent. its like a profession and goes well in hand with the brahmin vs dalit debate.

sinister plan this i say

the sense of entitlement along with the perks do give them alot of leverage over HUMANS

Dawood Bohras of Gujarat are generally the most Arab people in south asia

Genetically they're from Arabs from Yemen and have proven it through gene test

They're Shias

Syeds in pakhtun belt are most probably fake. Britishs who first came to this region observed that tricksters and fraud from hindostan come to pashtun country and introduce themeselves as syeds, gullible and superstious pakhtuns are tricked by it. English commisioner of bannu edward, 1852 writes that these frauds from hindostan have acquired as much as 10% of the highly fertile lands of bannu, they come up with claim that holy prophet came into his dream and ordered him to take possession of X.Y.Z land. The malak of village couldnt defy the supposed order of holy prophet.
Only one pashtun tribe claim to be syed. Mashwani of haripur, a very small tribe. Bangashs do not claim to be syed,they are karlanri pakhtuns like afridis, mehsuds and khattaks.
Pashtuns have habit of looking down upon their serfs/hamsaya. Syeds were not considered superior but not either inferior, they didnt want to offend progeny of hazrat muhammad p.b.u.h
Does this mean that The Mashwani tribe are actually Sayyids? I know some mashwani’s and they claim to be Sayyids

No, they are NOT fake. You speak like a deobandi wahabi. The Sayyids among Pashtuns are mostly from Central Asia and Iran and Khorasan.

The Sayyids of KPK are 95% AhleSunnat, those who say Ya RasoolAllah!

You have to prove that they are fake. And it does not suit a Muslim to call a Sayyid a fake, because if someone claims to be Sayyid, then he/she must have proof of their lineage, and if they don't, then still they ought to be respected for their connection with the Prophet salat wa saam alaih and their case is left with Allah.
Does this mean that Mashwanis are Sayyids?

Back
Top Bottom