What's new

Sayyids in The Indian Sub-Continent

Bataya tu bhai sahab .. read the post carefully and than any one claiming u need to look at their shajara “heritage” carefully its a lot of work btw

Do they have special powers?

Is it like the pure aryan thing?

I find this narrative in terms of lineage as though it is a sense of entitlement. I see this a way of imposing a kind of hierarchy which is nonsense. We have seen it in this country where colour was a sense of entitlement.

I find this narrative in terms of lineage as though it is a sense of entitlement. I see this a way of imposing a kind of hierarchy which is nonsense. We have seen it in this country where colour was a sense of entitlement.

Yeah must be a semitic trait i guess

bhai sahab i gave up on these khachars way back i beleive in quran thats my religion if that makes me a qadiyani or kafir i am happy with that i do not beleive in those ahadees claimed by these sects

Who are the Sayyeds? Are they Brahmin type of entities?
Inna ghussa :D

Bhai g kehtay hain subcontinent mai jo log jumeraat ko peda hotay thee un kay naam kay agay bhi sayed , ya syed laga detay thee .. its a title .. now adays syeds are in gazillions its tough to differentiate btw
Reminds me of a pakhtoon guy :lol:

bhai sahab i gave up on these khachars way back i beleive in quran thats my religion if that makes me a qadiyani or kafir i am happy with that i do not beleive in those ahadees claimed by these sects

I dont think this is sectarian.

Sayyids seem very secular when it comes to that

Inna ghussa :D

Tu rehn de haha

There are three categories of Sayyids in Sub Continent as far as I can understand.

Brahmins, who converted and joined Arab bureaucracy. Usually use the surname of "shah".
Arab migrants, mostly from Qureshi and Hashmi clan who adopted the surname "Syed".
Crooks, Crimnals, magicians, peeri, faqeeri, mureed and mazaraat people who adopted the surname Syed simply to gain more weight in the game.

I dont think this is sectarian.

Sayyids seem very secular when it comes to that

Tu rehn de haha
G bhai some have lunches and dinners together on Fridays but then the cursing and slandering take place on Sundays

Back
Top Bottom