What's new

Sayyids in The Indian Sub-Continent

No, they are NOT fake. You speak like a deobandi wahabi. The Sayyids among Pashtuns are mostly from Central Asia and Iran and Khorasan.

The Sayyids of KPK are 95% AhleSunnat, those who say Ya RasoolAllah!

You have to prove that they are fake. And it does not suit a Muslim to call a Sayyid a fake, because if someone claims to be Sayyid, then he/she must have proof of their lineage, and if they don't, then still they ought to be respected for their connection with the Prophet salat wa saam alaih and their case is left with Allah.
I dont believe in this non-sense. I give respect on the individual basis, not on tribal or racial

No, they are NOT fake. You speak like a deobandi wahabi. The Sayyids among Pashtuns are mostly from Central Asia and Iran and Khorasan.

The Sayyids of KPK are 95% AhleSunnat, those who say Ya RasoolAllah!

You have to prove that they are fake. And it does not suit a Muslim to call a Sayyid a fake, because if someone claims to be Sayyid, then he/she must have proof of their lineage, and if they don't, then still they ought to be respected for their connection with the Prophet salat wa saam alaih and their case is left with Allah.
I dont believe in this non-sense. I give respect for character on the individual basis, not on tribal or racial basis. I know an Afridi whose last name happened to be shah, he is not syed though. He introduced themeselves as syed to shias and bareilwis and gained many favours. E.g his attendence was very low and he couldnt be allowed to appear in exams. So he contacted babu, who refused to accept bribe to increase his attendence but then agreed without bribe when he told him that he is a syed. That babu was bareilwi from abbotabad. This fraudi afridi friend of mine also tricked a shia professor in viva and gained very good marks.
I am particularly harsh about claims of syeds because there is very severe punishment in dozakh for those who falsely claim to be blood of holy prophet. Its better to identify yourself with qaum among which they live. Forexample syeds of kpk strongely identify themeselves as pakhtuns and are not given special status, like u people are giving them in punjab and sindh.

I dont believe in this non-sense. I give respect for character on the individual basis, not on tribal or racial basis. I know an Afridi whose last name happened to be shah, he is not syed though. He introduced themeselves as syed to shias and bareilwis and gained many favours. E.g his attendence was very low and he couldnt be allowed to appear in exams. So he contacted babu, who refused to accept bribe to increase his attendence but then agreed without bribe when he told him that he is a syed. That babu was bareilwi from abbotabad. This fraudi afridi friend of mine also tricked a shia professor in viva and gained very good marks.
I am particularly harsh about claims of syeds because there is very severe punishment in dozakh for those who falsely claim to be blood of holy prophet. Its better to identify yourself with qaum among which they live. Forexample syeds of kpk strongely identify themeselves as pakhtuns and are not given special status, like u people are giving them in punjab and sindh.

the above is typical deobandi rhetoric against Sayyids. I ask all sayyids among deobandis, why are you in that group? no wonder people of deobandi background have the least respect for Sayyids. Heck even the ahle hadith, the original wahabis, have more respect for Sayyids than deobandis.

No wonder, most terrorism in Pakistan is carried out by groups of deobandi origin, for example. TTP, lashkar e jhangvi, sipahe sahaba, lal masjid molvi abdul Aziz etc.

Ok please lets not make this a spitting match.

ok brother.

Genetic studies of Sayyids of the Sub-continent

In Northern India, 29% of the Shia Muslim belong to Haplogroup J. There are 18% belonging mainly to Haplogroup J2 and another 11% belong to Haplogroup J1, which both represent Middle Eastern lineages, which are not commonly found among Indian populations.

May be 1 or 2 % syeds in pakistan are genuine , the rest are all fake according to recent genetic studies.

May be 1 or 2 % syeds in pakistan are genuine , the rest are all fake according to recent genetic studies.

which genetic studies? do you know about the Bukhari Sayyids? They make up half the population of Punjabi Sayyids today.

Are they fake?

Please brother, be considerate.

Show some source please. Remember some Syed came from India after 1947.

Yes, and the most well known of them in Pakistan is Shaykh Ahmad Sa'eed Kazimi Amrohi RA

He is the leader of MOST AhleSunnat of Pakistan in the 1970s

Show some source please. Remember some Syed came from India after 1947.

This has been discussed many time on various forums since DNA tests to determine acestary have got mature, you can google about syed genetic studies and you will find the answers , this topic has been debated in genetic terms over and over again by highly qualified bloggers who are quite good in matters related to DNA/genetic ancestray.

the above is typical deobandi rhetoric against Sayyids. I ask all sayyids among deobandis, why are you in that group? no wonder people of deobandi background have the least respect for Sayyids. Heck even the ahle hadith, the original wahabis, have more respect for Sayyids than deobandis.

No wonder, most terrorism in Pakistan is carried out by groups of deobandi origin, for example. TTP, lashkar e jhangvi, sipahe sahaba, lal masjid molvi abdul Aziz etc.

ok brother.
What do you mean by least respect? We dont disrespect them, that what should matters. Infact our folk has even given them lands even though hamsaya are not allowed to own lands in pashtunwali. What we are doing is , to not give them high status. Syeds shouldnt be given status of brahmans.
And there are also bareilwis in my area, nice folk but very pir-parast. They are very narrow-minded and bigot when it comes to pir mureedi. You must have heard of pir zakorri from my area?

What do you mean by least respect? We dont disrespect them, that what should matters. Infact our folk has even given them lands even though hamsaya are not allowed to own lands in pashtunwali. What we are doing is , to not give them high status. Syeds shouldnt be given status of brahmans.
And there are also bareilwis in my area, nice folk but very pir-parast. They are very narrow-minded and bigot when it comes to pir mureedi. You must have heard of pir zakorri from my area?

Are hamsaya and kasabgar not given land even for housing or you are talking about land for cultivation purposes?

How do the Arabs see them? Do they consider the Syeds of Indian sub continent as descendants of Prophet Muhammed? :what:

Back
Top Bottom