What's new

Saudi Crown Prince & Minister of Defense's Pakistan visit | Updates & Discussions

We don't tend to make announcements to everything we do with Pakistan. But here comes an example to counter such claim:

Saudi Arabia expected to extend $15 billion bailout package to Pakistan - Economic Times

@Desert Fox

No one begs you. Pakistan is a pillar ally, we will always have a mutual understandings on every subject of a concern.

Our relations are far from being comprehended by mere random emotional judgments.

No body except you to look at one another as a brother.

We don't need to announce everything we do with Gov't(s) and that's that.

@Yzd Khalifa I appreciate your goodwill. But Pakistan n Pakistani nation wants TRADE AND NOT AID. Because time has proved tht such grants n packages have incresed our dependencies only n failed to benefit our Economy in long run. So I request Pak gov not to ask for AID plz. Friend like Saudia can bring huge investments in our various sectors including Defence, that will benefit our industry n strengthen our economy in real sense.

Well, the news above proved to be false, so I do not know what you mean.

Once again, you're wrong. It will go in effect by 2015.

@Yzd Khalifa I appreciate your goodwill. But Pakistan n Pakistani nation wants TRADE AND NOT AID. Because time has proved tht such grants n packages have incresed our dependencies only n failed to benefit our Economy in long run. So I request Pak gov not to ask for AID plz. Friend like Saudia can bring huge investments in our various sectors including Defence, that will benefit our industry n strengthen our economy in real sense.

Why not both? Investing in all institutions needed and assisting the Pakistani people to pursue a better way to ease up their lifestyle?

Aid has never been a new thing to countries. All countries give and take, no harm.

And as a friend of the people of Pakistan, I believe we should help its people, rather than shaking hands with crooked politicians like Nawaz.

I completely agree with you but you really think that Pakistani government has finally grown a spine and won't accept aid be it offered by KSA or any country on the planet earth?? And Pakistani government doesn't "ask" for aid they in fact beg for it at times.

Once again, you're wrong. It will go in effect by 2015.

By "Once again" you have indicated that I have been wrong before, please identify where. And then please tell me how and why the plan takes effect in 2015 and not in 2013 when it was actually stated.

Why not both? Investing in all institutions needed and assisting the Pakistani people to pursue a better way to ease up their lifestyle?

Aid has never been a new thing to countries. All countries give and take, no harm.

And as a friend of the people of Pakistan, I believe we should help its people, rather than shaking hands with crooked politicians like Nawaz.

Exactly, things and time continue to change for everyone. Before Saudi OIL boom, the Pakistanis used to provide aid to Saudis, especially the Hajis used to help out Saudis who had no real income at the time. We must help each other continuously and without prejudice.

By "Once again" you have indicated that I have been wrong before, please identify where. And then please tell me how and why the plan takes effect in 2015 and not in 2013 when it was actually stated.

Exactly, things and time continue to change for everyone. Before Saudi OIL boom, the Pakistanis used to provide aid to Saudis, especially the Hajis used to help out Saudis who had no real income at the time. We must help each other continuously and without prejudice.

By "Once again" you have indicated that I have been wrong before, please identify where.

I know who you are. You don't remember who Am I but I most certainly remember you.

And then please tell me how and why the plan takes effect in 2015 and not in 2013 when it was actually stated.

Three more refineries are under construction, that are yet to be operational by 2015. Without them being operational, we can't supply what's included in this package. The announcement came in 2013 but it never said that the package delivery will be in effect instantly.

Before Saudi OIL boom, the Pakistanis used to provide aid to Saudis, especially the Hajis used to help out Saudis who had no real income at the time. We must help each other continuously and without prejudice.

That's a historically serious acknowledgment :woot:

For the record:

Prior to the discovery of oil, the Pakistani people helped us greatly. - prior to the Independence of Pakistan -

And after the discovery of oil, the Pakistani people continued helping us greatly. - prior to the Independence of Pakistan -

And prior to the oil boom, the Pakistani people continued helping us greatly.

And after the oil boom, the Pakistani people continued helping us greatly.

Which bring us to one conclusion and one conclusion only, that the aid isn't merely restricted to one issue or another.

I know who you are. You don't remember who Am I but I most certainly remember you.

Three more refineries are under construction, that are yet to be operational by 2015. Without them being operational, we can't supply what's included in this package. The announcement came in 2013 but it never said that the package delivery will be in effect instantly.

That's a historically serious acknowledgment :woot:

For the record:

Prior to the discovery of oil, the Pakistani people helped us greatly. - prior to the Independence of Pakistan -

And after the discovery of oil, the Pakistani people continued helping us greatly. - prior to the Independence of Pakistan -

And prior to the oil boom, the Pakistani people continued helping us greatly.

And after the oil boom, the Pakistani people continued helping us greatly.

Which bring us to one conclusion and one conclusion only, that the aid isn't merely restricted to one issue or another.

I was seriously expecting an answer that made sense. Especially to the earlier question.

As for remembering, I must have made an impression.....you obviously failed to do so.

What is it to make more sense than telling you that Jazan's refineries are to be operational by 2015 :rofl:
Saudi Aramco’s Jazan refinery ready in 2015 | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.
I was seriously expecting an answer that made sense. Especially to the earlier question.

As for remembering, I must have made an impression.....you obviously failed to do so.

Not an impression at all. There is a big hack of a difference between demonstrating poor attitude and leaving out a negative impression. ;)

What is it to make more sense than telling you that Jazan's refineries are to be operational by 2015 :rofl:
Saudi Aramco’s Jazan refinery ready in 2015 | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

The point is, what will that refinery do for the US$ 15 Billion aid that was supposedly offered by SA to Pakistan??? Because it's not like the Saudi's cannot afford to just dish out cash or OIL. In either case, SA can increase or decrease production of OIL at will as none of their refineries work at peak production capacity unless the situation demands. So again, how and what??

Not an impression at all. There is a big hack of a difference between demonstrating poor attitude and leaving out a negative impression. ;)

You were obviously offended by my comment, it wasn't supposed to do so, I was merely being honest.

Pakistan on Thursday said it is looking at selling JF-17 Thunder combat jets and trainer aircraft to Saudi Arabia but rejected reports it was in talks with the oil-rich nation for nuclear cooperation.

RELATED

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan on Thursday said it is looking at selling JF-17 Thunder combat jets and trainer aircraft to Saudi Arabia but rejected reports it was in talks with the oil-rich nation for nuclear cooperation.

Saudi Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud is scheduled to visit Pakistan during February 15-17. The visit is expected to focus on deeper security and defence cooperation between the two sides.

Foreign office spokesperson Tasnim Aslam told a weekly news briefing that defence cooperation would figure in the Crown Prince's interactions and that Pakistan was eyeing Saudi Arabia as a market for military gear.

"Certainly, defence cooperation would figure in the talks. The army chief would be calling on him separately," she said.

Pakistan is interested in selling arms to Saudi Arabia, including the JF-17 Thunder jet co-developed with China, the Mushak Trainer Aircraft and other equipment, she added.

Aslam rejected recent Western media reports suggesting that Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are looking at nuclear cooperation, describing them as "baseless".

"There is a whispering campaign and at times there are reports based on leaks or background briefings...They are baseless. Pakistan and Saudi Arabia are not discussing nuclear cooperation," she said.

This would be Crown Prince's first visit to Pakistan after he became defence minister in 2011. Prince Salman, Aslam noted, was also the deputy Prime Minister.

During the visit, the Prince will hold talks with President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on bilateral and global issues of mutual interest.
Pakistan looking to sell combat jets to Saudi Arabia - Times Of India

All right, this will be the last time I reply to this empty argument :)

The point is, what will that refinery do for the US$ 15 Billion aid that was supposedly offered by SA to Pakistan??? Because it's not like the Saudi's cannot afford to just dish out cash or OIL

Money is one thing, oil is another.

Another factor to be looked into consideration is that energy products aren't a pack of cigarettes which KSA can provide off the shelf. This amount is considerably large, and it will disrupt the export volume per month in case KSA provides them without having these new refineries operational in 2015.

In either case, SA can increase or decrease production of OIL at will as none of their refineries work at peak production capacity unless the situation demands

True. But that doesn't include every Petro-chemical product, which is the case.

The point is, what will that refinery do for the US$ 15 Billion aid that was supposedly offered by SA to Pakistan??? Because it's not like the Saudi's cannot afford to just dish out cash or OIL. In either case, SA can increase or decrease production of OIL at will as none of their refineries work at peak production capacity unless the situation demands. So again, how and what??

You were obviously offended by my comment, it wasn't supposed to do so, I was merely being honest.

I completely agree with you but you really think that Pakistani government has finally grown a spine and won't accept aid be it offered by KSA or any country on the planet earth?? And Pakistani government doesn't "ask" for aid they in fact beg for it at times.
so what's up tigress!!
Well GOP is full of double standard people.
on one side NS was saying proudly that to US trip when obama asked what we can do for you?? any aid? any grant?
we refused and said we want trade not aid...
and next day he was again begging in front of IMF with heavy markup....
They will accept if anyone offer..
just yesterday Ishaq Dollar was crying in front of US to release Collision support fund :smokin:

No one begs you. Pakistan is a pillar ally, we will always have a mutual understandings on every subject of a concern.

Our relations are far from being comprehended by mere random emotional judgments.
I never said the Saudis would be the ones begging...or are you talking the other way around?

Anyways, look, I like you and respect you, but let's not confuse anything here. The KSA leadership doesn't consider Pakistan as an equal. In the eyes of the KSA leadership, Pakistan is their own private back up military force whom they have to keep happy. No emotions involved here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom