What's new

Saudi Crown Prince & Minister of Defense's Pakistan visit | Updates & Discussions

BATMAN

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Saudi crown prince to visit Pakistan this month - DAWN.COM

ISLAMABAD: Saudi Crown Prince Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al-Saud who is also Defence Minister of Saudi Arabia is due to visit Pakistan on a three-day official visit from February 15 to 17, a top government official confirmed on Tuesday.

During his visit, the Saudi crown prince would meet Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and President Mamnoon Hussain. He would also visit key defence installations of Pakistan and likely to sign several bilateral agreements including on defence and security.

Extraordinary security arrangements are being made for the security of the top Saudi prince during his visit.

The visit by Prince Salman is the second highest visit of a Saudi diplomat after Saudi Foreign Minister Saud Al-Faisal’s visit to Pakistan last month.

On the other hand, Saudi interior minister’s visit to Pakistan has been postponed due to some latest developments in Syria.

My calculated guess, Saudia would probably go after block 3. After funding from Saudi, block 3 would probably contain things which would have dropped due to funding issues

Whats your OP about the tanks?

Whats your OP about the tanks?

Al-Khalid 2 which is still at R&D phase and gain something out of it. Recent Saudia behaviour even with Indonesia suggest, they are not in hurry to buy things, rather investing in futuristic projects of respective nations, so once the product matures, their production line could be setup back in saudia. Thus it's more of a long term/strategic asset building investment rather fulfilling their needs which is already fulfilled with top notch American/European stuff

What those westerns nations didn't provided them was building a complete system from scratch which Pakistan/Indonesia could provide. As there habit of attaining only top notch product, hence my inference of Block 3 and Al Khalid 2 projects

@Aeronaut Let's not get too optimistic here. There is indeed something cooking, but we have no way to prove it's going to involve AK and JF-17.

I remain pessimistic until a deal is signed, and even then, I will continue to remain pessimistic until the actual delivery is started/

What those westerns nations didn't provided them was building a complete system from scratch which Pakistan/Indonesia could provide. As there habit of attaining only top notch product, hence my inference of Block 3 and Al Khalid 2 projects

What sort of technologies can Indonesia provide regarding Tank, they are more interested in german tanks already purchased in numbers and upgrading AMX light tanks.

What sort of technologies can Indonesia provide regarding Tank, they are more interested in german tanks already purchased in numbers and upgrading AMX light tanks.

Made in Indonesia

Not w.r.t tanks but they have an evolving defense industry churning out some nice systems

@Aeronaut Let's not get too optimistic here. There is indeed something cooking, but we have no way to prove it's going to involve AK and JF-17.

I remain pessimistic until a deal is signed, and even then, I will continue to remain pessimistic until the actual delivery is started/

Consider it a long term investment then with a time frame of 5-10 years

Made in Indonesia

Not w.r.t tanks but they have an evolving defense industry churning out some nice systems

Consider it a long term investment then with a time frame of 5-10 years

Thanks for the info, but that is where the problem is had KSA invested in AK by now it would have been a different beast not? Not being negative but lets wait and see in next 4-6 months what happens...all eyes are on investment first hard cash transfer...development/delivery is something of later.

Too much speculation. Two high level meetings by Saudis in Pakistan, and now Pakistan COAS is in Saudi. Then the Saudi King is due in Pakistan in February (as seen in news), so it may not be JF-17 or Tanks related at all, but for a more Iran oriented approach.

US and West is opening up to Iran. India is trying it's best to squeeze whatever it can out of it, and in Afghanistan. US is going to leave Afghanistan soon. Pakistan will be left standing. This year seems crucial..

One thing is clear, instead of negotiating with TTP, kill them.

Back
Top Bottom